New Necron Codex! Old thread, no new content. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-05-08, 05:23 AM Thread Starter

Hellskullz's Flag is: USA

Default New Necron Codex! Old thread, no new content.

That's right necrons are suppose to be getting a new codex between late 08 and early-mid 09

http://belloflostsouls.blogspot.com/...s-necrons.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-05-08, 06:03 AM

Daneel2.0's Flag is: USA

Interesting. . . I've heard some of these proposed changes before, but I don't think I believe it until it happens. Things get put off all too often over there for me to believe even a verified release date, let alone a rumored release date

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse View Post
[Necrons]shoot, shoot, teleport, shoot. win
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-05-08, 06:30 AM

dizzington esq's Flag is: Australia

Just looked at the link and well... more bullshit rumors. This will start off another thread like the one before 5th ed came out and every necron player will be putting their wish list in hoping for a redder harvest in the next codex.

I can understand the tiered lord structure as apocalypse does touch on this briefly. Removing the C'tan from the army...not likely. GW in all their wisdom will probably make scarabs troop choices... what a great help that would be....

Did I mention that I like scarabs...

Good afternoon gentlemen...

Scarab count at T-26...

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-05-08, 07:04 AM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

The tiered Lord structure is refered to in the 5th ed. core book, p179 - centre paragraph of the left column, hinting as well that top tier Lords will replace the C'tan (i.e. they are able to change their form and therefor mimic the abilities of the C'tan as they appear in the current Necron Codex, letting you still use the C'tan models).
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-05-08, 07:09 AM

dizzington esq's Flag is: Australia

Interesting. Could this be a way for more C'tan to awaken and appear. Is a C'tan, apart from a star god, really just a top tier lord ? Or is a top tier lord just a weaker version of a C'tan, a minor star god ?

Did I mention that I like scarabs...

Good afternoon gentlemen...

Scarab count at T-26...
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-05-08, 07:27 AM

effigy22's Flag is: United Kingdom

Its along the lines of daemonics possession i would have thought, the lord asking for some kind of help from a deity blah blah blah. If they describe it like that... does that mean... the necrons know fear???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
Don't, after rolling that final 1 too many, flip out, climb up on the table and jump up and down on your opponent's models screaming 'APOCALYPTIC BARRAGE, MOTHERFUCKER!!!'.
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-05-08, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

Hellskullz's Flag is: USA

Necrons have no emotions they're metal exoskeletons with ancient human soul trapped inside of them lol

and if i remember reading some fluff correctly the C'tan gods could not come out in their true forms due to some issuie (can't remember exactly) so they possessed and took over the bodies of 'privileged' lords until their immense power turn the body to dust... then they'd find a new one

Last edited by Hellskullz; 09-05-08 at 08:24 AM.
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-05-08, 08:37 AM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

C'tan are vast energy beings and could only be communicated with if they took physical form.
Necrons do NOT have human souls in them. If anything they would have Necrontyr souls, but 5th ed. fluff indicated that no souls are present and that each Necron is a sentient algorithm in a metal body.
The Necrontyr made Living Metal bodies for the C'tan - the C'tan do not 'possess' Necrons.
Necrons know no fear, although they currently Phase Out because of the awakening state of their army. Even though some encounters with Necron forces might seem like significant battles/wars, they are nothing more than scouting missions to the Necrons, hence the Phase Out once they have determined the strength of the enemy.
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-05-08, 11:41 AM