Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Necron Codex! Old thread, no new content.

12K views 62 replies 43 participants last post by  bitsandkits 
#1 ·
#37 ·
In a way the Chaos Gods do ride to battle, all their daemons are part of their life essense - each daemon is a part of their god made manifest.

The C'tan are physical Gods - and the versions we are using atm are just a tiny part of their essense encased in Living Metal.

#39 ·
I think making the C'tan the titan equivilent for the necrons would be AWSOME!!! Think of what kind of models forge world could cook up for that?

And, has anyone noticed that in the back of the necron codex it mensions that there are necron warmachines powered by the bodies of victims? Wouldn't THAT be cool.

And there are many references in the codex to a forgeworld-like death machine? lots of the eldar prophesise point twords one. Sound like a Death Star anyone?

#43 ·
I can't wait to dust off the metallic ones. I DO hope they change the WBB rules. These are often confusing to those who don't play Necrons that often. Phase out being gone would be nice also.

I really really hope for more troop variety. That is the reason I shelved these guys. They got boring to play by just using the same 5-6 units every game.

#44 ·
Well what i heard from a redshirt last saturday (me checking out the new marine 'dex, sneak peak time) is that necs are going to be the next seriously overpowered army in the game, even with the new marine and guard codices coming out. He said something about "army-wide rending".

But maybe (hopefully) that's just his wishful thinking because he plays necs himself.

#46 ·
Rending for gauss weapons has been the rumour forever, based on a set of "rumours" that were actually just some random guy on the internet talking about what he would like to see in the new dex (FNP replacing WBB was also part of this). Enough people heard about this from second-hand reports of his post for it to become "news".

I don't know what will be in the new necron dex and it could well be rending and fnp. I do know, however, that a redshirt is and has always been the least reliable source of rumours possible until said redshirt has read the book (after which he becomes a somewhat random source of half-remembered stuff kind of like the contents of the book).

To put this into context, I told the staff at my GW that 5th edition 40k was on its way when I got a copy of the playtest pdf (which I gave to them). They didn't hear anything about it from GW until it appeared on their release schedules months later. GW itself appears not to like rumours very much, though it is unable to control them, as it likes to continue selling books to kids right up to the day they become obsolete.

A good rumour is one posted by someone directly connected with the website they are posting on. These people have a stake in getting stuff up early, and also that it is true stuff. If you see one of the mods here post a rumour, or someone like Brimstone or Mkerr on other sites, then it's probably worth looking at.

#50 ·
They do need to add some flavor to the Necrons. I didnt plan on playing them but when my friend was selling his well painted army for very cheap I had to jump on it. After a few games with them I grew bored and went back to my Dark Eldar.
The have good quality units and the WBB can really be a pain but it was just the same strategy for me over and over again which got old. Flayed ones as troops would be nice and maybe an added unit or two. Possibly more unit upgrades or something to add some color.

#51 ·
Necron armies really REALLY need some more variety(MORE GUNS MORE GUNS) and more tanks rather than just the monolith which is way too easy to kill.

#53 ·
Ya but being the only tank and the fact that we zap out if our infantry is destroyed seems kind of easy to kill know huh.

#54 ·
My personal wish list for the new dex:
FNP replacing WBB
Rending on all weapons
C'tan something (Titans sounds like a godly (excuse the pun) idea to me)
Tiered Lords
New units
Rearranging certain units (Scarabs as Troops, but not counting towards FOC)
AND more Apocalypse stuff. What's we get out of Apocalypse? A bigger monolith, a few formations, and an extremely expensive turret (and the Lord with Ress. orb, but I don't even count that).

If we get all that, I'll be happy. Then again, I would be happy if 6th edition was just 3rd edition with the 5th edition cover artwork and hobby section on it.

#56 ·
This is the best( worst?) example of threadomancy I have seen to date. Lol Not quite sure if we are suppose to report this or not.... Oh well. I am sure it will be settled.

#58 ·
Please for the love of the Emperor, check how old a thread is before posting people. Also if you do feel you have to add to an old thread, make sure it's something useful, but ideally, when a thread is as old as this start a new thread with what ever information you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.