New Necron Codex! Old thread, no new content. - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-09-08, 11:03 AM

Neccies rule's Flag is: England

reading the fluff in the rulebook gave me an idea, different levels of warrior depending on how many times they had been repaired.
eg
fresh warriors - stubbon and I increase
normal warriors - as is
referbished ones - slow and purposful

only an idea but what do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-09-08, 12:41 PM

Nemesis-The-Warlock's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neccies rule View Post
reading the fluff in the rulebook gave me an idea, different levels of warrior depending on how many times they had been repaired.
eg
normal warriors - as is

makes little sense seeing as by now most necrons would have been fixed many, many times, if you went by those rules most necrons wouldn't be able to move
post #33 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-09-08, 01:04 PM

Neccies rule's Flag is: England

i'm talking about the difference between hundreds of times (fresh) and hundreds of thousands (even millions) of times (slow)

its a way to get more troops (as scarabs, even though they are awesome, wouldn't help the current situation not being able to claim objectives)

post #34 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-09-08, 01:14 PM

SPYDeR13's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neccies rule View Post
eg
normal warriors - as is

Damn I actually like this idea and I don't even play Necrons. It would stand to reason even for the most advanced "race". But given GW new move to remove any and all personality from armies I highly doubt they would do something along these lines.

But again sick idea.
post #35 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-09-08, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzington esq View Post
Just looked at the link and well... more bullshit rumors. This will start off another thread like the one before 5th ed came out and every necron player will be putting their wish list in hoping for a redder harvest in the next codex.

I can understand the tiered lord structure as apocalypse does touch on this briefly. Removing the C'tan from the army...not likely. GW in all their wisdom will probably make scarabs troop choices... what a great help that would be....

Did I mention that I like scarabs...
they probably will remove the c'tan after all they are on par with the chaos gods, they are suppoed to be unable to die.
post #36 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-09-08, 08:47 PM

kungfoomasta's Flag is: USA

but then again the chaos gods dont ride to war with their soldiers personally like the ctan did so if they do move ctan to apocalypse then i would be fine with it.

Never doubt the incompetence of your commisar.
post #37 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-09-08, 09:58 PM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

In a way the Chaos Gods do ride to battle, all their daemons are part of their life essense - each daemon is a part of their god made manifest.

The C'tan are physical Gods - and the versions we are using atm are just a tiny part of their essense encased in Living Metal.
post #38 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-09-08, 11:15 PM Thread Starter

Hellskullz's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklove View Post
I think they probably play test a new Codex many times against different armies at their headoffice to see how they work etc...

P.S. Just a thought: what about making Heavy Destroyers Heavy 3? That way they might make it into lists. Heavy 3, S9, AP2 anyone? Is anyone suggesting that the most technologically advanced race that there ever was in the galaxy could not invent one? Points might go up a bit though...
As awesome as the would be it would make heavy destroyers either a) to powerful and won't happen or b) so costly in points they will rarely be taken
post #39 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-10-08, 10:37 PM

I think making the C'tan the titan equivilent for the necrons would be AWSOME!!! Think of what kind of models forge world could cook up for that?

And, has anyone noticed that in the back of the necron codex it mensions that there are necron warmachines powered by the bodies of victims? Wouldn't THAT be cool.

And there are many references in the codex to a forgeworld-like death machine? lots of the eldar prophesise point twords one. Sound like a Death Star anyone?
post #40 of 63 (permalink) Old 09-11-08, 12:18 AM

kungfoomasta's Flag is: USA

a green deathstar? that would be cool but had to put on the field. use like a bowling ball whatever it knocks over dies.

Never doubt the incompetence of your commisar.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode