Warlord Games looking for 40k players. - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-30-14, 12:06 PM

Logaan's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
I got into BA last year, and loved it straight away. I sold a shit ton of 40k stuff over the spring and used the cash to finish off my Brit army, and buy both a USMC and Italian army. The biggest attraction is the game itself, but the fact that it so cheap and accessible also helps. A full, competitive army is possible for less than 100.
This.

I have a 950 point list of late war British Infantry that, along with the Bolt Action rulebook, has cost me less than 90. That it cost so little is bloody ace. Combine this with the cost of playing X Wing, my outlay over the past few months has been minimal compared to when I was heavily into 40k.

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-30-14, 02:02 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logaan View Post
This.

I have a 950 point list of late war British Infantry that, along with the Bolt Action rulebook, has cost me less than 90. That it cost so little is bloody ace. Combine this with the cost of playing X Wing, my outlay over the past few months has been minimal compared to when I was heavily into 40k.
Exactly.
I've spent what, 25 on the lambda shuttle since my initial purchase a good few months ago and even with my limited X-Wing collection I still haven't reached the limit of playability.

As I gradually clear out my 40k stuff - the Pike & Shotte stuff has gone - I'll be investing in BA and some more DW stuff
I see good times ahead for my gaming circle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-30-14, 04:02 PM

maximus2467's Flag is: United Kingdom

After reading the info from warlord games I must admit I'm very interested in getting amongst a bit of desert rat action but one thing I really like about 40k is meeting up with my friends once every few months at warhammer world for the TOS tourney (after joining the navy I rarely see my friends from the north so it's become a long anticipated weekend) does anyone know if warlord games run tournies? If they have a painting competition? If they do that would be the icing on the cake

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-30-14, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus2467 View Post
does anyone know if warlord games run tournies? If they have a painting competition? If they do that would be the icing on the cake
There's tournaments across the country that they back officially, but they have nothing like Warhammer World or ToS. The best part is that Allessio Cavatore and Rick Priestley have been known to attend some of these torunaments.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-31-14, 10:02 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

I must admit i'm a little tempted,
I would need a bigger house though so not an immediate buy.............

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-14, 02:33 PM

Lanfear's Flag is: Scotland

Taking the plunge. 5500pts of ultramarines fully painted now on eBay. Waffen SS 1000pt army deal and rulebook for bolt action and a French starter army for black powder from warlord ordered. All the guys I know who play or have played 40k love bolt action so I reckon I'll like it from what I've seen.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-06-14, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
All the guys I know who play or have played 40k love bolt action so I reckon I'll like it from what I've seen.
I'm sure you will, especially if you enjoyed 5th Ed.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-07-14, 01:45 AM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Can someone explain Bolt Action to me? Or point me toward a good write up?
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 09-07-14, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Dazed and confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einherjar667 View Post
Can someone explain Bolt Action to me? Or point me toward a good write up?
Bolt Action is somewhat similar to 5th Ed 40k, except for two big differences. The pinning mechanic and the turn system. If a unit gets hit it sufferes a pin. That pin affects their ability to do anything. The pins are minis modifiers if they try and shoot, and They must roll a morale check every turn to carry out an order, with a modifier of minus however many pins the unit has. This means that you can effectively take a unit out of the game without killing it if you get enough pins on it. It doesn't sound like much, but it has massive in game effects.

It also doesn't follow the traditional you go-I go system. Every unit has an order dice. Both players put their dice in a bag, and randomly draw one. Whichever players dice is drawn gets to activate a unit. This makes the game a lot more tactical, and a game can be won or lost on a single draw of the dice.

http://www.warlordgames.com/bolt-action/

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode