Digital Assassin Codex - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-19-14, 01:58 AM Thread Starter

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Default Digital Assassin Codex

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/...assinorum-iPad

I'm stoked. I remember my thin copy Codex: Assassins from when I was a kid and LOVED having a Vindicare in my army. Snipers are fuckin' bad ass, and that one really accomplishes his goals.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-14, 12:29 AM

Sorry, been lurking but not posting. Yep, there it is. It'll be neat, but I'm just a little sad they took away the GKs toys. My Blood Angels have been on the shelf for a while. Enjoying a lot of success with the Knights. That might change though. Our new rules are iffy. But Draigo became amazing. I feel like the Vinidicare+shieldbreaker is gonna get a lot of use more than previously.

2000+ Points of Blood Angels
2000+ Points of Grey Knights
A clever third thing
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-14, 12:34 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

I used to run an Eversor back in the day, just for the Rule of Cool. I vaguely remember him getting killed by a squad of Striking Scorpions, and then them all dying when he exploded. I might get this just to see if he is still as cool as back then.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-14, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

@Majorian , GK are an awesome ally to BA. Between the two of them you can really clamp down on the Psychic Phase, though in my games having over 6 ML points is enough to dominate.
@Khorne's Fist that's friggin' hilarious. They are totally going to be as awesome in this edition, I'm just biding my time before getting a copy of their(and the GK's) new 'dexes. Really stoked.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-14, 01:56 PM

@ntaw , did you ever get around to fielding those Knights you acquired?

2000+ Points of Blood Angels
2000+ Points of Grey Knights
A clever third thing
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-14, 02:06 PM
The Tinkerer

Wookiepelt's Flag is: United Kingdom

My digtial codex downloaded early this morning so here are the details:

Formation:
1 Callidus Assassin, 1 Culexus Assassin, 1 Eversor Assassin, 1 Vindicare Assassin
Restrictions: None
Special Rules: Preferred Enemy (Warlord), Operation Assassinate (Extra Victory Point)

Offocio Assassinorum Detachment:
Compulsory: 1 Elites
Optional: None
Restrictions: The unit chosen must have the Officio Assassinorum Faction
Command Benefits: Operation Assassinate

Vindicare Assassin - 15 Meltaguns
Wargear: Blind Grenades, Close Combat Weapon, Exitus Rifle, Exitus Pistol, Spy Mask
Special Rules: Deadshot, Fearless, Independent Operative, Infiltrate, Lightning Reflexes, Move Through Cover, No Escape & Stealth

Callidus Assassin - 14.5 Meltaguns
Wargear: Neural Shredder, Phase Sword & Poison Blade
Special Rules: Fearless, Fleet, Hit & Run, Independent Operative, Infiltrate, Lightning Reflexes, Move Through Cover, No Escape, Polymorphine, Precision Strikes & Reign of Confusion

Eversor Assassin - 13.5 Meltaguns
Wargear: Melta Bombs, Power Sword, Executioner Pistol, Neuro-gauntlet, Frenzon & Sentinel Array
Special Rules: Bio-meltdown, Fast Shot, Fearless, Feel No Pain, Furious Charge, Independent Operative, Infiltrate, Lightning Reflexes, Move Through Cover & No Escape

Culexus Assassin - 14 Meltaguns
Wargear: Animus Speculum, Etherium & Psyk-out Grenades
Special Rules: Fear, Fearless, Independent Operative, Infiltrate, Life Drain, Lightning Reflexes, Move Through Cover, No Escape, Preferred Enemy (Psykers) & Psychic Abomination

Mod note: Please don't post explicit points costs. It tends to attract GW lawyers and make more of a hassle for us than it's worth. Thanks! ~Zion

Don't leave us engineers with too much free time on our hands...
we WILL tinker around and build something!!!

Wookie's Wolfies - A Space Wolves Project Log

Last edited by Zion; 08-24-14 at 02:39 AM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-14, 06:02 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Oh dear, they went up in cost. Not like they were really rocking the house to begin with... :s

Cool narrative though! :D

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-14, 06:27 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Wait... This was just posted on BoLS:

Cullexus, WOW is now the boss he/she should always have been.....the only time you'll take psykers is to put bullets in his gun... 12" psychic blank bubble just nerfed invisibility to hell and once he can see you, you're going to have a psychic nightmare.....Psychic Death Stars meet your nemesis.

Life Drain- CC attacks ignores armour, instant death on a 6, instant death on any wound caused to a psyker (sorry tyranids).

Psychic Abomination - Psykers at -3Ld with 12", no warp charges generated within 12", powers only cast on a 6 within 12", invalidates blessings and maledictions within 12"!!!

Etherium war gear - attacks vs. culexus made at BS and WS 1 (though he also causes fear?)
Animas Spectrum - Similar to before one shot per mastery level within 12", but can now be boosted with up to 3 unspent warp charges. The mastery level thing does stop people from building brotherhood batteries though, as brotherhood of psykers count the unit as mastery level (x). The Animas Spectrum is 18" S5 AP1 assault X.

And he has preferred enemy (psykers) too....

Why oh why do GW keep doing this. Even a child can see which one is the competitive one in that list... 3 of them balanced, one of them completely over the top. :s

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-14, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmir View Post
Why oh why do GW keep doing this.
They will keep doing it no matter what anyone says. Ultimately: fuck it, I get Assassins everywhere I want like when I was a kid.

Really glad to see some posts actually containing some rules here, I was hoping someone would get a hold of the digidex and post something. Thanks @Wookiepelt and @elmir !

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-22-14, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Just to beef that blurb from Elmir up a bit, more from BoLS:

Quote:
General Rules/Info
You can take one, two, three of four really cool assassins or you can take all four in a c.600point formation.

The assassin detachment is 1 Assassin (Elite) that's it, no other requirements needed to unlock it.

What there is is lots of fluff and expanded background, anyone whose read Nemesis will recognise each Clade's style. The rules are really nice as they are, the options come down to how best to deploy and which weapon to use each Assassin has lots of flexibility more than ever before.

All the Assassins now come with the "No Escape" rule giving -2 on Look Out Sir rolls; not quite as good as ignoring it completely but it seems fairer.

Venenum and Vanus temples get honourable mentions in the fluff section, but no rules.

As for Wounds they're all 3W apiece now.

Vindicare
Vindicare new super long range rifle and Turbo rounds become Str 10 vs vehicles, shield breaker is ignores invulnerable, all attacks AP2 ignores cover. I think with one shot only per turn the the Vindicare is hoping to be almost exclusive used as a tank hunter, a 72" Str10 AP2 ignores cover (jink?) with a 2+ to hit with a 4+ reroll that can infiltrate to get side armour or even rear armour shots is awesome. ~Wave Serpents beware!

Calidus
Callidas can now only infiltrate or come on from opponents board edge, but when infiltrating can do so to within 1". Phase sword got weirdly complex.

Eversor
Eversor, gauntlet got nerfed but on the large part a great choice for attacking hordes. He's no longer got a lightning claw....instead he gets 8A on the charge with either a powersword AP3 or 8 AP- 2+ Poisoned shred attacks..... Decent vs marines or hordes, especially at Int 7!

Culexis
Cullexus, WOW is now the boss he/she should always have been.....the only time you'll take psykers is to put bullets in his gun... 12" psychic blank bubble just nerfed invisibility to hell and once he can see you, you're going to have a psychic nightmare.....Psychic Death Stars meet your nemesis.

Life Drain- CC attacks ignores armour, instant death on a 6, instant death on any wound caused to a psyker (sorry tyranids).

Psychic Abomination - Psykers at -3Ld with 12", no warp charges generated within 12", powers only cast on a 6 within 12", invalidates blessings and maledictions within 12"!!!

Etherium war gear - attacks vs. culexus made at BS and WS 1 (though he also causes fear?)
Animas Spectrum - Similar to before one shot per mastery level within 12", but can now be boosted with up to 3 unspent warp charges. The mastery level thing does stop people from building brotherhood batteries though, as brotherhood of psykers count the unit as mastery level (x). The Animas Spectrum is 18" S5 AP1 assault X.

And he has preferred enemy (psykers) too....

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode