Grey Knights in White dwarf - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-17-14, 01:52 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Jeez, as fun as conversions are, a Mordrak model would have been cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-17-14, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmir View Post
Don't think so. Apparently, the devs already said in WD that they intend GKs to work more as an allied force, or a standalone force that needs some help from allies to really become powerfull.

So they are just going to go back to the way it was in codex: Daemonhunters in a way. Missing serious anti-tank firepower or scoring bodies that you'll have to grab from other codexes.

They might still add the odd dataslate later on, but I doubt there will be unit entries in the codex that "mysteriously" have no models yet released. That got them into the legal pile of horse manure they got into recently... Ironically, one of the few mistakes GW has learned from... :D
So instead of the Mary sue mess that ward created it's going to be awesome again?
post #73 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-17-14, 10:09 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Was just about to say that, fluffwise it makes sense. Of course I realize it sucks for those that play the army as a primary, who are used to them being a 100% stand-alone army so you have my sympathies.

But considering their nature, their elite-of-the-elite status and the way the inquisition has been laid out in their supplement, it makes sense for the Inquisition, Adeptas Sororitas and Grey Knights to all be sorta-mini codexes meant for allying.

Interesting route - To me it's both good and bad. Good as I think it gives the army some flavor and bad for those who were expecting a ton of new models.

post #74 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-17-14, 10:20 PM

Granted, the existing GK models and units are pretty damn cool.
post #75 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-17-14, 11:20 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
So instead of the Mary sue mess that ward created it's going to be awesome again?
If you would consider it awesome if the models you worked on all this time suddenly got split into several different source... "They are not losing half of their Codex, you are gaining the opportunity to buy that separately"

BTW, what Mary Sue stuff was it exactly that Ward created? I know bitching about Ward is the really recent hot thing to do right now ( ), but if having a Ward codex means that you would have to trade in a bit of bad fluff (Black library does it better anyway) for superdecent rules in your codex that allows for several builds where you don't deliberately gimp yourself for choosing something other than the OP unit in each slot... I'll have a Ward codex any day.

What's the alternatives... Having Cruddace screw it up completely and leaving you with nothing? Or having Phil Kelly do it, which means a codex where even the dumbest tactician can fingerpoint the OP unit in each slot. Don't forget that right now, it's the allmighty Phil Kelly's brainchild that is almost half on the top tables in tournaments with his Eldar BS.

So really, what's so awesome?

The new Cut-Copy-Paste codex format they are trying now?

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
post #76 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-17-14, 11:23 PM

How do we know that this new codex is copy and paste? How do we even know what's in it? All I have seen is a picture of the front cover.
post #77 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-18-14, 12:34 AM

Well, because of a massive cock-up of biblical proportions, parts of the GK armybuilder files were included in the digital release of the SW codex...

Now... Unless they are actually able to send all their books back to the press to have the things changed in there, that's a pretty massive leak and pretty... well... final. That's where you can read that teleporting dreadknights with 2 heavy incinerators and a personal teleporter will clock in @200 points etc.

Now it may still be one elaborate hoax... But if it is, it sure as hell would be a good one! We'll know in 5 days now.

http://astropate.blogspot.co.uk/2014...igi-lista.html If you want to have a look at those pictures.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/...hts-in-my.html for the story about the big cock-up.

Mind you, this may all still not be the final version. All of it remains to be seen on this saturday to come. But as it stands right now, I'm not really all that hopeful. It's the first time something like this happened... It would be the oddest way yet for GW to cause "leaks" to happen :D

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
post #78 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-18-14, 01:13 AM

Yikes! I wasn't aware of that. That's pretty odd. I thought you were just assuming it was going to be copy and paste.

However if this was a planned leak, it might omit new units, but, sounds like it's just a major goof up.
post #79 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-18-14, 01:19 AM

Yeap. None of it is set in stone ofcourse... But this is about the fishiest leak we've had in ages...

I mean. This is a digital leak 2 weeks before the pre-orders go up? It could ofcourse be a very, very old and outdated version of the rules that accidentally slipped in. But given that the printed versions of books are usually done months prior to release, I don't have high hopes for it.

post #80 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-18-14, 01:30 AM

It does sort of seem like GK is going to be a one week deal, with a bunch of repackaging. But, it still seems odd to me. If this were going to be such a brief release, why not just make it digital only like Codex: Inquisition?

but, with the Nagash rumor fleshing out, it does look like that is going to be ringing up the rear the following week.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode