Grey Knights in White dwarf - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-12-14, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

anyway

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-12-14, 10:42 PM

Zerodyme619's Flag is: Germany

Damn! That cover lookes ace!
Man, I haven't even gotten all the SpaceWolves stuff that I want. And I was actually planning on eating quite regularly for the rest of the month >_<
Damn it GW, my wallet is crying...

Contrary to popular opinion, the plural of 'anecdote' is not 'fact'.

All generalizations are false.
post #53 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-13-14, 04:39 AM

Archon Grimherald's Flag is: USA

As much as I dislike the grey knights because of the changes to shakers I have to say that cover work looks good

post #54 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-13-14, 04:51 AM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

this thread actually makes me a little angry...see this is the reason we cant have a social media connection with GW...waa waa this waa waa that..GW cant win...people in this hobby is the hobbies worst enemy!

people in the world should be grateful for what the have and be even more grateful they get anything at all!
post #55 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-13-14, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmantis View Post
this thread actually makes me a little angry...see this is the reason we cant have a social media connection with GW...waa waa this waa waa that..GW cant win...people in this hobby is the hobbies worst enemy!

people in the world should be grateful for what the have and be even more grateful they get anything at all!
Grateful? What that gw prices are based off of British disposable income. Minimum wage there, is well very high in comparison to north american income.

Besides, its not the guys that want to voice their opinion its the guys that can not handle other peoples opinion.

Of course this is just my opinion

Cheers. ;)

Ps I may bitch about prices (though they are getting more.... well the packages are cool) but I still love to hobby.

post #56 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-13-14, 05:03 AM

fatmantis's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrknify View Post
Grateful? What that gw prices are based off of British disposable income. Minimum wage there, is well very high in comparison to north american income.

Besides, its not the guys that want to voice their opinion its the guys that can not handle other peoples opinion.

Of course this is just my opinion

Cheers. ;)

Ps I may bitch about prices (though they are getting more.... well the packages are cool) but I still love to hobby.
you are correct...everybody is entitled to their opinion....but the price is the price regardless of who.what.or where...people need to stop harping on about it..deal with it or leave it..same goes with the codex issues...what is the point in a broken record..
i love the hobby.. i would love to be able to interact with GW but as i said people can stop the constant bitching hence why we dont have that connection any more...

and as for grateful...yes we should be grateful...there are people in this world that cant afford to eat..buy cloths medical care..and we bitch about the price of a piece of plastic...so yeah be greatful..
post #57 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-13-14, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmantis View Post
you are correct...everybody is entitled to their opinion....but the price is the price regardless of who.what.or where...people need to stop harping on about it..deal with it or leave it..same goes with the codex issues...what is the point in a broken record..
i love the hobby.. i would love to be able to interact with GW but as i said people can stop the constant bitching hence why we dont have that connection any more...

and as for grateful...yes we should be grateful...there are people in this world that cant afford to eat..buy cloths medical care..and we bitch about the price of a piece of plastic...so yeah be greatful..
Very true. Not having food does really suck.

Last edited by mrknify; 08-13-14 at 05:13 AM.
post #58 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-13-14, 05:15 AM
Critique for da CriticGod

Kreuger's Flag is: USA

It's also worth remembering that almost any publicity is good publicity.

People bitch about price, but the entire time they're bitching about price they are thinking about, talking about, and devoting time to Games Workshop.

I find it fascinating that high prices keep some gamers more engaged than just played games might.

Chaos Army Showcase with photos (Updated 2013/12/02)
"To endure one's self is perhaps the hardest task in the universe." Frank Herbert, 'Dune Messiah'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dethklokk
"CHEESE!" is the battlecry of the ill-prepared.

Originally Posted by Deathscythe4722
Could someone please call the police on this guy? I can hear the English Language screaming in pain. This has to be illegal somewhere.
post #59 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-13-14, 08:43 AM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Well... I do fully get where the frustration comes from for a lot of the Old daemonhunter players though. Let me show you what GW has done with this army over the past 10 years for people who started out with them in their earliest days:

Codex: Daemonhunters

Inquisition:was there, only ordo malleus was an option though (there was nothing for ordo xenos and ordo hereticus was in codex:witchhunters). You could take henchmen back in those days, so no probs there.

Assassins: were in there. All 4 of them in the book, but you needed an inquisitor to "unlock them"

Grey knights: were in there. Psycannons were pure infantry killers (no S7rending wonders we know today). If you did go full GK infantry, you'd have ZERO anti-tank troops in your army. Hell, there was even a paragraph in the book in army selection that discouraged newer players from taking this type of force (saying you'd definatly need the emperors blessing to pull it off).

Inquisitorial stormtroopers: remember those guys? That was for the people who didn't want to run GKs or wanted to play a radical inquisitor playstyle. Half of your wargear was not allowed if you played with GK infantry, it really was a bad case of "take this to unlock this" and "avoid this to allow this".

Inducted troops: To flesh out the codex a bit, daemonhunter players were allowed to use some entries from imperial guard and space marines. Many took this option, it was all in one book (mind you, they did reference to the "parent codex" to select them). It was your only decent source of getting some much needed anti-tank options really...

Codex Grey knights:

Scratch the inducted troops and inquisitorial stormtroopers. This was also in the days that allies was not a thing... Effectively scrapping over half of my models. I still have 20 painted kasrkin troops standing around and around 40 IG veterans with a leman russ that were just plain unusable.

If you say: "well, you could still use them as IG, so no worries". There is a HUGE difference in playing a large, fully painted 2500p army on a regular basis, to then be told that you now own 2 small ones in a pointscale that your regular opponents never play.

Luckily, you got acces to ordo Xenos and ordo Hereticus inquisition, along with a decent fleshing out of the grey knight section. Still annoyed that there weren't any bikes added though (how much more "knight" can you get than riding your iron steed). Your assasins are still in.

New Codex Grey knights:

Inquisition: GONE, assassins: GONE. All that remains is GK stuff (and that really isn't a lot, I'll do a quick overview in the end).

In order to potentially play an army that you collected over 10 years ago, players now have to buy:

-Codex: Grey knights
-Codex: inquisition
-Codex: astra militarum/tempestus (depending on what you want).
-Codex: Space marines
-Dataslates: Assassins (lord knows they'll try to sell you all 4)

So... you can understand why a few older players have their jimmies rustled. I don't think there has been any army so far that has had such dramatic changes to what you could and couldn't field in one source as the old codex: Daemonhunters.

Also, if no new stuff is added, this is the amount of choices GK players will have in each slot:

HQ: 7 (down from 14)
Elites: 4 (down from 9)
Troops: 2 (same as before, but without Thawn as an option), lowest option possible?
Fast attack: 2 (same as before), lowest option possible?
Heavy support: 6 (same as before).

Grey knights already felt "spammy" before they cut out all those option. I'm afraid that won't get any better under these conditions. They'll also feel more powerwhore like for being forced to take so many different sources just to play with your old models.

TLDR: It's been a long essay, but in response to the "just be happy you are getting something" attitude, some GK players really do have a more than good reason to be slightly upset at yet another splitting up of their army.

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
post #60 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-13-14, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

Guys. Could we just stop bitching at each other. We all our own options and don't think they gonna change, yes I agree it's got worse for older player now that GK is just GK now and I agree the that the deamonhunter was brill, however at the end of the day GW is company and they want to make money (all company wants this) and I don't think we gonna go back that now.

So would u rather have expansive metal models (cough sisters cough) or would like to have new plastic figures with there OWN dex. Tbh I like the last option as I could do a Inquisitorial army by allying the codex inquisition and dex Astra Milltarum and I'd be happy with that.

So let's just leave it there.

And look at the reboxing of Gray knights kits

And a assassin dataslate (how did u know @elmir )

Enjoy

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444

Last edited by revilo44; 08-13-14 at 10:44 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode