Grey Knights in White dwarf - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-12-14, 04:25 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creon View Post
I am wondering what a Grey Knights Land Raider is. No other Marine Faction has it's own boxed Land Raider. Is this a new model with Psycannons? I hope so.
The cynical part of me wants to say it's the standard Land Raider kit with the GK doors from the Stormraven.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-12-14, 04:28 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Could just be a reboxing of LR kit with GK on it. Pushing for the new art boxes that have the mainly dark background.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #43 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-12-14, 05:03 PM

psactionman's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcoso View Post
I think personally the best release schedule was the start of 6th when it was a 3 month cycle including a 40k and fantasy book, now it just all seems to merge into each other
You will have to forgive me as I am about to rant to a lot of people and not just you. Your post was simply the easiest to start from. So, this is not all pointed at you as an FYI.

Why is anyone whining about fast releases? Everyone wants new stuff, especially when they have none. Do yourself, and the rest of us, a favor and step out of your own selfish bubble and realize that old army books suck. Using an old army book because you have no choice, also sucks. But we all love the game, so we all deal with the crappy books until a new one comes out. Ignoring the 7th edition scenario, a fluke at best, why should anyone have to wait 4.5 years (unless my count is wrong there are 18 codexes, at 3 months a book that is 4.5 years before the unlucky guy gets his codex). Meanwhile, everyone else is enjoying new models, new rules, and kicking his teeth in because his choices are; be made fun of for playing a broken codex, or get made fun of for selling his soul to play one of the nice new codexes. Why as a business, and as a fellow player, would you wish that upon someone!?? I am a Dark Angels/Space Wolf player, and before the new codex came out I wasn't able to play my wolves a lot because they were just not as effective as my Dark Angels (contrary to popular belief DA are not a lesser codex, they are just played wrong by a majority of people).

If I had my way, Day 1 I could go get a new rulebook and 3 codexes, then buy new models as I can afford them. That way the 3 month release schedule could make sense, with the new content being data slates, formations, supplements, etc... Everyone has a level playing field day 1, then fluff and just plain awesome stuff came out after that. Too much all at once? Really? How many of you play EVERY SINGLE ARMY GW OFFERS? I can guarantee only like 2 of us, at best. Since you don't have to worry about new rules for anyone except what you are playing the fast release doesn't actually affect you, but makes others happy. I can't wait for my friend to get his BA codex because I empathize with him paying way too much for a Librarian.

"But what about when I fight armies I don't play? If we are getting all this new stuff so fast how can I keep up with them?" You won't have to, because they have no idea what they are doing yet, it's so new! Whenever I fight a new army I check out tactics articles about them. Then, I at least have an idea of what I am looking at and plan accordingly. "What, what? Tactics are for playing that army not fighting them." Not always. By utilizing tools you already have you can better know what is out there without spending the time analyzing everything about them first. Let someone else do that, then use their conclusions. There is no reason we should have to wait for the core rules of our faction to be released, and there is no reason you as players should ask for it either.

And to the guy whining about Imperium releases: do me a favor and cram it. Of those 18 codexes 10 are Imperium. There is eventually going to be two in a row, it is a mathematical certainty. As a Dark Angel player my book is not the same as Space Wolves, and the two are not interchangeable. But making the claim that all Imperium players are the same is rude and short sided. When they release a stream of crap from the same book over two months you can complain. Until then, just keep in mind that the Space Wolves release did not make the Grey knights players happy, and the Grey Knights release does nothing for Blood Angels players.

post #44 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-12-14, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revilo44 View Post
Don't know why they would do. A reboxing of ALL of the kits but this makes more sense

And Wow 22 comments already I only put the thread up yesterday
Yes you did, my bad.
There was some additional info for black library release on the one I posted.

At least we have a speculative date for this months madness to end.

post #45 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-12-14, 05:49 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
Could just be a reboxing of LR kit with GK on it. Pushing for the new art boxes that have the mainly dark background.
Still, it's probably a LR with GK/]I[ markings, yes. But I can hope! Psycannons and purging flames!
post #46 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-12-14, 05:59 PM

Maybe the Land Raider will have Heavy Incinerators on top and twin or quad linked (or just a heavier version) of PsyCannons on the side.

What I am wondering is as they seem to want to put a £50-100 knight / stompa model in every army now what will the Grey Knight one be.
post #47 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-12-14, 06:46 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrknify View Post
http://southmsgamers.blogspot.ca/201...ights.html?m=1
UPCOMING RELEASES:
GREY KNIGHTS CODEX & UNITS,

SPACE WOLVES and BLACK LIBRARY

All Pre-Orders August 16th
Release Date August 23rd

Sanctus Reach
Sanctus Reach: Hour of the Wolf $49.50 Hardback

Space Wolves
Warriors of the Fang $170 Plastic box
Space Wolves Skyclaws $37 Plastic box
Space Wolves Long Fangs $37 Plastic box

Grey Knights
Codex: Grey Knights $49.50 Hardback
Codex: Grey Knights (limited edition) $110 Hardback Book (web only)
Datacards: Grey Knights $8 Cards
Grey Knights Purifier Squad $33 Plastic box
Grey Knights Strike Squad $60 Plastic box
Grey Knights Paladin Squad $50 Plastic box
Grey Knights Nemesis Dreadknight $53.75 Plastic box
Grey Knights Land Raider $74.25 Plastic box
Grey Knights Venerable Dreadnought $46.30 Plastic box
Grey Knights Stormraven Gunship $82.50 Plastic box

Black Library
Horus Heresy: Horus Rising $9.99 Novel
Grey Knights Omnibus $17.50 Novel
Sanctus Reach: Blood on the Mountain $24 Novel
Sanctus Reach: Volume 2 $90 other book (web only)

Grey Knights Datacards
Grey Knights will be reboxed as Purifiers
GK terminators reboxed as Palidins
Specific GREY KNIGHTS LAND RAIDER
Specific GREY KNIGHTS VENERABLE DREADNOUGHT
Specific GREY KNIGHTS STORMRAVEN GUNSHIP

This is all right from the order form. Everything will be out at the same time AUGUST 23.
(Pre-order AUGUST 16)
this seems to buck the trend of late, this seems like an awful lot of product to pump out in one week? plus if genuine skyclaws and long fangs would be new? the specific grey knight kit could just be normal kits with additional sprues?? like i say seems like alot of "new" for one week? why not release the space wolf stuff this week and hold on and do the grey knight stuff the following week?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #48 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-12-14, 06:53 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcoso View Post
How come he left? I never even realised.
No clue, all I can see is the position was stated as finished in May this year. I haven't been able to find any statements or the like as to why.
post #49 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-12-14, 06:56 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

It doesn't look like there's enough GK stuff to last a few weeks.

Also, isn't there rumours that the GKs are getting tied in with some santus reach stuff? There was chitter about a mini demon release soon too... so that might explain why they quickly updated GKs?

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
post #50 of 89 (permalink) Old 08-12-14, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmir View Post
It doesn't look like there's enough GK stuff to last a few weeks.

Also, isn't there rumours that the GKs are getting tied in with some santus reach stuff? There was chitter about a mini demon release soon too... so that might explain why they quickly updated GKs?
I am sure some data slates or a mini dex... because it more important to rush this to get out BA and DE before christmas.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode