Price raise confirmed - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-25-08, 10:15 AM

Imperial Dragon's Flag is: Australia

(this is just another way to get everyone to play SM LOL)

well i have 2 armies my nids and my chaos, while they can get boring to play with.. if you have friends you guys can test other models out (proxy and that stuff) before you buy. while i don't have many models to change my army around.. this won't make me stop buying GW stuff; maybe it's time for everyone to take there time and paint really good armies and no say lets buy 30 of those cause there cheap and never use them and then complain when GW have a price hike.

How ironic it is that as fast as we spread progress and hope throughout the galaxy, the Tyranids spread death and despair. Only united can we hope to stand against them.

Aun'shi of the Tau Empire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-25-08, 10:56 AM

man if 32 dollars for one chaos obliterator wasn't too much for aussies already.....
jeez
post #53 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-25-08, 11:54 AM

Hailo-15's Flag is: Australia

I bought a box of Chaos Space Marines today on E-bay for $28.50 (Australian Dollars) with postage of $5.30 and they sell here for $50 :D great deals on all ebay sites.

On the topic of the price hike, i am new to the hobby about 2 months i have been in this. I have watched my cousin play for over 10 years and now me as a hobbyist i dont throw my arms around about the 15-25% increase on metal models because i like the feeling of enjoying putting brush to model and showing my talents as a painter and modeller.

And with price increases of fuel and food commoditties comes increased wages and pay rates to make up for price demands, so i think this will be a small teething problem but i will not turn my back and run away from this hobby because its interesting and the Chaos Gods do not permit me to leave until the mortal world is destroyed ;)

P: 15 W: 12 D: 2 L: 1
Chaos Space Marines DG/IW/NM/BL

post #54 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-25-08, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darklove View Post
Why do so many people think that companies are better off selling many things cheaply rather than a few things at a higher price. This has NO basis in fact and is something pretty much only supermarket chains do when they are in a dominant position and can take advantage of vulnerable 3rd world suppliers.

'Demand' in business theory = a 'want' backed by the ability to purchase.

GW can probably make more money selling fewer things at a higher price - smaller groups of customers are easier to serve and cost less to communicate with. Who is worth more to GW: 100 people that spend 10 per month or 10 people that spend 100? How much time do 100 people take up from shop staff compared to 10 people? Scale up all these little things and GW are always going to be better off with few high net worth customers than lots of poor people (no offence).

If you can't afford to play 40k anymore then that is a pitty, but you should find another hobby.
It's actually more of a curve if you want an honest-to-goodness business model.
They can go elitist, but let's say it jumps out of even -your- (I'm assuming) lofty ability to pay?

Let's say they only confer to people who buy GW products at forgeworld prices, will those (beloved but crazy) people keep an entire company afloat? Hardly. They'd spend very little to craft these hunks of plastic, and they could easily drop the lesser used armies completely(DH WH DE) and confer to just the extremely devout people.

But than again, they'd still have to pay all the business expenses they do now. But you're absolutely right in saying that poor people should rot in their poor boots. Lazy blighters.

But seriously, you are correct that it does them no good to sell everything dirt cheap for massive amounts of customers, but there is a very fine line where the price ramps will cut out a very vital amount of people. It's an invisible, intangible line, nobody really knows where it is until GW have clumsily stomped clean through it.
post #55 of 55 (permalink) Old 08-25-08, 04:25 PM
Ex Mod.

cccp's Flag is: Great Britain

its the same argument every time. yes the prices are a bit steep, and if you don't like it, buy your GW stuff elsewhere.

thread locked.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode