Major Price Increases - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-28-08, 01:15 AM

Cadian81st's Flag is: USA

I read threads like this, all the "oh noes! GW is raising teh prices again!!!! I hate them sooo much!!!" and I think to myself, if it really bothers you that much, why do you keep playing? There have been plenty of expletives tossed around these four pages, and clearly a lot of hard feelings and rage. So quite simply, if this bothers you so much, just stop playing! I mean, no one is holding a gun to our heads and forcing us to buy minis, we are spending our hard earned cash on little lumps of plastic, and we seem to enjoy it. This hobby was the main reason for I got my part time job, and I have several other friends for which it is the same thing. And I accept that, I enjoy what I do and am willing to work to earn money to do it.

But I think you have to ask yourself, if you react so violently to the price raises that you scream bloody murder and suggest that GW fellate you, is this healthy? Maybe it's time to move on for a bit, try your hand at life without GW, and see how that goes for you. Because at the end of the day, they're just plastic spacemen.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-28-08, 01:49 AM

Hailo-15's Flag is: Australia

nice put Cadian81st and there is a simple thing we Chaos Space Marines are willing to offer to those who wish to seek rest from this troubling price increase

"There is no peace in this universe, but if you seek quick rest and recovery i offer you an easy and quick option, all you must do is lay your sorrow filled mortal mind and fall ill to my Blade of Chaos for the Blood God will enjoy your blood drenched on my blade"

P: 15 W: 12 D: 2 L: 1
Chaos Space Marines DG/IW/NM/BL
post #43 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-29-08, 12:15 PM
!!FailHammer!! Podcaster

Death Shroud's Flag is: England

I wonder where this will put the price of the majority metal armies (like sisters of battle) in comparison to the resin armies that Forgeworld produces?

post #44 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-29-08, 10:46 PM

That's a good point death shroud, if the metal price increase is significant enough, FW might see a boost in sales.

post #45 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-29-08, 10:58 PM

killmaimburn's Flag is: USA

Didn't GW state that they would not raise plastic mini prices? Unless you're playing a mostly metal army, like the unfortunate sisters of battle or grey knights, IMO metal models can be done without...I always convert my own characters/special units from plastic and GS neway, and its pretty rewarding. I don't want to force my way on anybody, but you should try it because it lets you put your vision of the character out on the table (or make up your own character with their own fluff)

post #46 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-30-08, 10:22 AM

bl0203's Flag is: USA

In the White Dwarf e-mail they said this may help them push toward more plastic figures, which could be more advantagious to us. I like metal models however they fall apart and chip easier and they're just harder to convert IMHO.

"Primus Enire Ultima Exire"
post #47 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-01-08, 02:44 PM

its takes affect on september 29th and its all over world, u think u got it bad we have to pay = $40 for 1 (yes, 1) mini!!!!!! over her in the uk
post #48 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-01-08, 03:13 PM

Are you sure mate? I can't think of many minis that cost 22 each.

:wondering if the currency converter is working cyclops:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #49 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-01-08, 03:55 PM

bl is right, the (possibly significant) upside to this is that GW will push their plastic range conversion up a few notches in terms of importance. It would be nice to have all plastic armies, and that might be the side affect of this unfortunate business.

post #50 of 86 (permalink) Old 09-01-08, 04:25 PM

Howdy American Friends,

Hope Gustav doesn't damage too much.

And fear not, a 50% rise on prices for you guys will mean you will be paying the same as Australians have been paying for the past ten years!

Our cheapest "deals" have been squad boxes at AU$50, and Detachments at AU$150. When the Australian dollar was 80 to the US it was already much more than US prices. when the Aussie dollar was at 93 to the US it was WAY more. You guys have been getting it good and CHEAP for ages, sad to say, and for most of you with relatively more disposable income, not bad at all.

Don't quit on the hobby because of a little price though.

Its all for a good cause, the hobby itself!

You will survive!

And your scratch building skills are sure to improve with that little extra incentive.

I proxied and scratch built everything for years!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode