Necron Rumours from BOLS. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

Judas Masias's Flag is: USA

Default Necron Rumours from BOLS.

Hi all, there is some Necron Scuttlebutt floating about out there.

Early word is that Necrons may be slated for the Q2-09 40k release slot. There is another codex scheduled ahead of them but there is conflicting data on what it is (currently bouncing around between IG, Space Wolves, Dark Eldar). The info reported so far is:

Removal of the C'tan from the Codex as fieldable units (they are still in the fluff).
The C'tan are to be moved over to Apocalypse where they will make an appearance as much more powerful single figures (possibly with attendant new oversized Forgeworld minis).
The big new HQ replacement for them will be entirely new tiered-level Necron Lords. Read the Apocalypse Necron background page for insight into what may be coming, but there is talk of Bronze, Silver, Gold, possibly even Platinum Lords.
Lords are said to have multiple special abilities and options, and certtain levels of Lords may re-arrange the Force Org chart for certain units, making different army builds possible. An example of an option was an advanced necrodermis, allowing the Lord to mimic his C,tan masters (and conveniently allow for the use of the existing C'Tan minis).
There will be Necron Lord named characters.
The rest of the army is described as getting a small number of new units, and having several existing units rearranged by Force Org category.
In general, the Necron army is desribed as being somewhat "buffed".

~Interesting if true, and these would seem to dovetail nicely with the last set of Necron rumors we heard several months ago. A Q2 release slot seems odd unless there is some issue with mini or codex development with several of the other codices which are older (Wolves and Dark Eldar mainly). Still I would applaud the move if only to rid the game of the wonkiness and arguments that We'll Be Back can generate. As usual, Caveat emptor folks.

Space Wolves: Wins-24 Loss-6 Draw-7
My Conversions
Bjorn the Fellhanded Conversion:http://blog.spikeybits.com/2010/09/c...ll-handed.html
Plastic Abaddon Conversion:https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=70426
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 08:49 AM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

What!!! No C'TAN in 40K? That would be terrible!
The rest is pretty much what I would hope for. Any rumours on phase out changes or gauss weapon armour penetration charts (something I heard at the local GW).

I am the White Knight!

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 09:25 AM

If they get rid of C'tan in normal sized games, I'm cool with it. They're just gonna make the best models for them at forgeworld.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 09:27 AM

Lord Sinkoran's Flag is: England

I like the idea of the diferent teired necron lords and that thye can re-organise the force organisation chart.

Violence is never the answer, it is the question, to which the answer is, yes
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 09:46 AM

Nato13's Flag is: Australia

Getting rid of c'tan for "regular" games is a good idea, even though i used to be a Necron player for years i've always thought they didnt really belong in an army list (given they're meant to be ancient gods)..saving them for apocalypse on the other hand could work nicely, not to mention the kick ass models forgeworld would produce...who knows, with a new dex i might be motivated to awaken the 3k points worth of crons i got sitting around here
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 09:56 AM

darklove's Flag is: United Kingdom

The 5th ed. core book hints at different classes of Lord and also at Lords that can change their body shape to become more godly.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 10:13 AM
bobss's Flag is: England

Quote:
What!!! No C'TAN in 40K? That would be terrible!
they arnt getting rid of them just moving them to apolcalypse which makes sense as the ctan wouldn`t really hang around will small armies. like a titan would follow a combat squad around in a 1000 point battle. well if the rumours are true.

on a whole im glad they are getting ' buffed up ' because i always liked them it was just the lack of options put me off some what.

damn, this messes me up a bit, maybe i should collect necrons full - time not just mess around with colour schemes...

any news on new models etc?
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Judas Masias's Flag is: USA

I agree C Tan are too powerfull for regular 40k so it makes sense to move them to Apoclypse. I just can't wate to see what Forge World doe's with The Nightbringer.

Space Wolves: Wins-24 Loss-6 Draw-7
My Conversions
Bjorn the Fellhanded Conversion:http://blog.spikeybits.com/2010/09/c...ll-handed.html
Plastic Abaddon Conversion:https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=70426
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 03:35 PM

Inquisitor Varrius's Flag is: Canada

I head C'Tan are moving to apocalypse too, and flayed ones might be troop choices next time around which would be fabulous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucio View Post
Camo is the color of cowardice but if the only ones to call you a coward are now a puddle of plasma there isnt a problem.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-21-08, 04:55 PM

loyalist42's Flag is: USA

Sounds like the 'Crons are finally getting some much-needed love...that's good to see. Might just have to pick up a few myself when the time comes...

And the Forge World C'tan should be freakin' amazing. Maybe that'll drive down the price of the current models enough that I can finally justify using them as daemonhosts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navar89
if I hang out with you any more I just might pick up 40K...You, sir, are dangerous.

Holy shit, I've a plog again!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode