40k MMO!?!! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-22-08, 12:42 PM

Wilder's Flag is: USA

An MMO?! Hope they do it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-22-08, 01:49 PM

Being a space marine would probably be a little boring and there is most likely go to be millions of them;but if they do it right there should be all sorts of classes to wreak havoc on one another.Speaking of classes what classes do you think there will be and who or what classes do you think would be a good idea ?

Last edited by imntdead; 08-22-08 at 01:53 PM.
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-22-08, 03:43 PM

Ah,

Lets hope that THQ is in control and that they are able to keep it close to Dawn of War which with Dark Crusade was REALLY good.

This has the potential to be a REALLY REALLY good game!

Can you imagine a world where your character not only gains levels and skills, but builds assets and can have his own small army over time? I wonder how they are planning to do it, but fingers crossed they make it as good as it could be.

Awesome potential.

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-22-08, 06:25 PM

Truth Bearer's Flag is: USA

Heard about this and saw some concept sketches ... months ago, so afiac, not really news. A long, long time off - not worth getting excited about for another couple of years - not until there is something substantial to even gawk over.
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-23-08, 12:20 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

This has the potential to be a fantastic game, But i think some people will be a little dissapointed by what they will be able to play ,i cant see players becoming part of the imperial army at the drop of a hat, i can see becoming a space marine to be akin to becoming a jedi in star wars galaxies and that means playing for thousands of hours.

I see this to be more of a necromunda/dark heresy style game,brutal,dark and gothic underworld rather than battlefield carnage you get with a stratergy game like DOW

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-23-08, 10:29 AM

Lawl... it won't be anything like that - and You obviously never unlocked a Jedi - I did, and while it took a long time, it was nowhere near "thousands of hours".

If a 40k game is made, you can almost guarantee various class/races per faction, with space marine and guardsmen being among them.
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-23-08, 10:55 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth Bearer View Post
Lawl... it won't be anything like that - and You obviously never unlocked a Jedi - I did, and while it took a long time, it was nowhere near "thousands of hours".

If a 40k game is made, you can almost guarantee various class/races per faction, with space marine and guardsmen being among them.
If character classes such as marine are included in the game and they are easy to obtain in terms of time and effort ,the game would simply be filled with people playing marines. The imperial army do not "go off on adventures" as inderviduals or small groups,so including these classes would go against the fabric of the game.
Space marines do not have any indepenace,they are part of the chapter,they are not people, they are a weapon,they are released ,fight ,return to the chapter and train and this goes on until death.

This is just my opinion, i have no idea how the game will pan out, but for me its important that they stay true to the fluff of the 40k universe. Space marines would be so rare that most people in the 40k universe will never set eyes on one so having hundreds of them running around a city would be bloody stupid.

You are correct i never unlocked Jedi, i gave up the game when sony gave a very clear path to unlock a jedi,The jedi should never have been included in that game as it goes against the fluff and time line of the star wars universe.During the games time period in which it was set the only jedi and apprentice should have been luke and obiwan/yoda,the games focus should have been the struggle between the rebelion and the empire. But on my server it became all about grinding out a jedi,which for me ruined the game.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-23-08, 06:41 PM

And the Jedi grind is what ruined that game - especially when then followed by allowing everyone to be them once the NGE went in. So why do you think, exactly, that any company would be so stupid as to make that same mistake again, considering SWG is all but dead due to bad decisions such as that?

It doesn't matter if in the fluff that Space Marines are super rare - they ARE 40k. The 40k MMO may not have adventures to go off on - it could well be like Planetside, or Tabula Rasa, where you are in a constant war. MMO's are not all fantasy adventure games.
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-23-08, 09:59 PM

Pandawithissues...'s Flag is: England

Quote:
Think of the lag if an Imperial Guard guild and an Ork guild go to war.
It'll be nonexistent, due to everyone being a space marine.

I actually think a necromunda MMO would be FUCKING FANTASTIC.

Just think, you and your mates form a gang, start carving out your territory in the underhive one bloody inch at a time. Its got everything, trading posts, betrayal, an overarching set of factions in the gang houses... Rare archaeotech etc, hired gun classes for people who don't have friends (sorry, 'like to solo' i think the term is, i'm sure theres a masturbation joke in there somewhere)

If your gang gets too good, maybe they set the i'llbeatraitors on your ass, or worse, maybe you and your mates attract the attention of a group of spyrers....

Basic encounters with ripperjacks and rats as a juve. Expansion packs add more areas to the underhive, new gangs too, like ratskins etc.

Its perfect. Shame it'll never get made.

Death magnetic: 5 slabs of vinyl: Pure spinning ecstasy.

Last edited by Pandawithissues...; 08-23-08 at 10:06 PM.
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 08-25-08, 10:21 PM

El Mariachi's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandawithissues... View Post
It'll be nonexistent, due to everyone being a space marine.

I actually think a necromunda MMO would be FUCKING FANTASTIC.

Just think, you and your mates form a gang, start carving out your territory in the underhive one bloody inch at a time. Its got everything, trading posts, betrayal, an overarching set of factions in the gang houses... Rare archaeotech etc, hired gun classes for people who don't have friends (sorry, 'like to solo' i think the term is, i'm sure theres a masturbation joke in there somewhere)

If your gang gets too good, maybe they set the i'llbeatraitors on your ass, or worse, maybe you and your mates attract the attention of a group of spyrers....

Basic encounters with ripperjacks and rats as a juve. Expansion packs add more areas to the underhive, new gangs too, like ratskins etc.

Its perfect. Shame it'll never get made.

You're right, but you're not the only person who thinks this- maybe someday... lol

As for this game, this was announced a long time ago, March 07 if I remember correctly and nothing new has been heard since. I know these games take a long time but we should have seen at least a few Alpha shots by now...

Interesting the game is an MMO, not an MMORPG. I'm wondering if it will be a large scale Battlefield-esque game?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode