FAQs for 7e are up - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 08:50 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Yeah, that's pretty big too, but Sanctuary is incredibly strong. It's even better now that the Dark Angels Power Field Generator works from inside a transport again - bringing a phalanx of vehicles, maybe even Land Raiders, with a 3+ Invulnerable Save is pretty incredible for the cost.
I've been testing that out by mixing regular terminators in with some psybacks. Works wonderfully well in tandem... I'm curious to see how that'll affect coteaz + crusaders in rhino too for objective capping.

It's easy to eliminate the source of sanctuary though. But still a fairly decent combo to turn the humble crusader squads into something decent (especially with the newly buffed +2S for hammerhand)

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 09:15 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmir View Post
It's easy to eliminate the source of sanctuary though. But still a fairly decent combo to turn the humble crusader squads into something decent (especially with the newly buffed +2S for hammerhand)
From my experience, killing the sources are quite hard as I run Power Field Generators and you don't need Line of Sight for Sanctuary to work.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #73 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 09:56 PM
Kroothawk's Flag is: Germany

Space Wolves lose all their powers.
Orks lose all their powers.
Blood Angels lose all their powers (and their vehicles lose them too).

This is not a FAQ, this is Kryptonite

post #74 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 10:16 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroothawk View Post
Space Wolves lose all their powers.
Orks lose all their powers.
Blood Angels lose all their powers (and their vehicles lose them too).

This is not a FAQ, this is Kryptonite
not forgetting
tyranids are now immune to rending but explode when hit by a laser weapon
necrons can only move forward 1inch per turn
imperial guard techpriests can now build shrubberies (which count as cover)
space marines can now attempt a power knee move that on 4+ will render the opponent roshambo'd (SOB, necrons and vehicles are immune)

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #75 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 10:19 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
Crimson Fists with Pedro could play Unbound to give up troops and go with Sternguard as their troops with really no penalty at all.
FAQ gives Sternguard Objective Secured in lieu of everything being scoring, so there's still a benefit to taking him in a Battle Forged army.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #76 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 10:22 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
FAQ gives Sternguard Objective Secured in lieu of everything being scoring, so there's still a benefit to taking him in a Battle Forged army.

I never said there wasn't. I just meant that because Pedro would give that benefit in Unbound also, and since (iirc) Pedro already has his warlord trait... you don't lose anything for not going battleforged with him. You could run Pedro, 4 squads of Sternguard to play as your tacticals with better guns, and then drop basically anything else you want.

post #77 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 10:38 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Huh, for some reason I thought the Objective Secured rule only applied to armies that use a FoC. I'll have to check out some wording when I get home and make clear my mind, I forgot to put the 7th ed. book on my laptop.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #78 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 10:39 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

It is only battleforged. Of you do unbound you lose it.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #79 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 11:33 PM
Kroothawk's Flag is: Germany

FAQ:
Question: Should I buy more Daemons?
Answer: Definitely.

Question: But my faction doesn't even have psykers.
Answer: Then give them to your opponent, he will need them by turn 2
post #80 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-29-14, 12:04 AM

psactionman's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Deathwing Terminator Sergeants cannot bring anything other than Storm Bolter/Power Sword, even if the rest of his squad has Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield.
This must be recent because my Digital Codex still says Any model may replace all weapons with TH/SS...that makes me mad...

Quote:
Darkshroud originally had Stealth and Shrouded on the profile, and gave out Stealth. Removing Stealth from it was in the last FAQ as well, as is kinda implied in the Shroud of Angels rule itself, but it's still a nerf to a unit that wasn't paticularly good anyway.
Yeah, I knew that. Giving it +2 cover from shrouded and an improved Jink at the end of the day it is the exact same effect.

Quote:
As Varakir said, it was in the 6th edition FAQ.
I must have missed this then. Still, way good that it got fixed.

Quote:
Yeah, that's pretty big too, but Sanctuary is incredibly strong. It's even better now that the Dark Angels Power Field Generator works from inside a transport again - bringing a phalanx of vehicles, maybe even Land Raiders, with a 3+ Invulnerable Save is pretty incredible for the cost.
PFG doesn't work from a transport...the codex says it cannot, and there is nothing in the FAQ that changes that...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode