FAQs for 7e are up - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 05:45 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken's_Fist View Post
lol glad to see i am not the only one who posts here wasted at 2.00am...
The odd time it does tend to happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Deathwing Terminator Sergeants cannot bring anything other than Storm Bolter/Power Sword
...which is actually handy when it comes to using your CML/PC on a target at range while Split Firing the SB on a closer squad that you will charge. As much as this annoys me as well, there is some silver lining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret79 View Post
And no fast vehicles bar land speeders and Baal's...
Fuck me. Looks like those red Rhino/Razorbacks I have are going yellow...at least I don't have to buy two new ones for my Fists army. Will still wait for the new dex to come out for the paint jobs, but damn.

On to actually learning the powers aside from prescience I guess...

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 06:20 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
...which is actually handy when it comes to using your CML/PC on a target at range while Split Firing the SB on a closer squad that you will charge. As much as this annoys me as well, there is some silver lining.
I always just stuck him out front and watched him die (with good reason is he dubbed Sir Spare Wound For The Cyclone Guy), but I always forget that Deathwing have Split Fire and that you can use that to charge people, so that's pretty neat (I always forget DWK's Hammer of Wrath too, but that's even less relevant).

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #63 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 06:33 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
I always just stuck him out front and watched him die (with good reason is he dubbed Sir Spare Wound For The Cyclone Guy)
also a valid use I suppose. I don't think I would alter that tactic too much, but try it out some time. Frees up some tactical options I'd say, not to mention it's easier to know who the sergeant is in the squad when he's holding a big ol' power sword.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #64 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 06:58 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

I'm sad about Paladins losing another tool... it seems every edition weakens them a little. But with Divination and Biomancy across the board, I'm liking the idea of just running a GM with grenades as the focus for assault terminators. Mixing them in with Dark Angels and abusing the Storm Wing formation and battle brothers across the board feels like it's got a lot of potential.

Another thought; Crimson Fists with Pedro could play Unbound to give up troops and go with Sternguard as their troops with really no penalty at all.

I'm torn on my 1k Sons... I still feel like they should have Divination without buying the Balestar. but I'm currently trying to come up with an army list involving a Balestar Seer and possibly a couple other sorcerers. Ahriman is... well, he's Ahriman. He gets 5 spells, at least 2 need to be Tzeentch (primaris free) plus 3 other effects, but frankly Be'Lakor is far better as a Telepathy platform.

I'm upset that I lost Anrakyr on his CCB... or have I missed something there? That was really a staple to my AdMech Counts as army I was gonna eventually do...

I'm a little concerned about Tau... I realize they're still a powerful shooting army and nothing has changed that, but I worry that they'll have no presence in an entire phase, and very weak 'anti-magic'... far worse than Dwarves in fantasy.

post #65 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 07:17 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xabre View Post
I'm sad about Paladins losing another tool... it seems every edition weakens them a little. But with Divination and Biomancy across the board, I'm liking the idea of just running a GM with grenades as the focus for assault terminators. Mixing them in with Dark Angels and abusing the Storm Wing formation and battle brothers across the board feels like it's got a lot of potential.
GK don't get Biomancy, as far as I know. However, Sanctuary on every vehicle. Paladins are now 4++, 3++ with their Swords in melee. That's kind of a huge improvement.

Quote:
Another thought; Crimson Fists with Pedro could play Unbound to give up troops and go with Sternguard as their troops with really no penalty at all.
Yeah, they can do that. It's pretty cool.

Quote:
I'm torn on my 1k Sons... I still feel like they should have Divination without buying the Balestar. but I'm currently trying to come up with an army list involving a Balestar Seer and possibly a couple other sorcerers. Ahriman is... well, he's Ahriman. He gets 5 spells, at least 2 need to be Tzeentch (primaris free) plus 3 other effects, but frankly Be'Lakor is far better as a Telepathy platform.
Ahriman can cast a pretty stupid number of Witchfires in a turn, so I'd go for something offensive with him rather than using him as a Telepathy buffer which, as you mentioned, Be'lakor does better.

Quote:
I'm upset that I lost Anrakyr on his CCB... or have I missed something there? That was really a staple to my AdMech Counts as army I was gonna eventually do...
Command Barges are Overlord-only now, yeah.

Quote:
I'm a little concerned about Tau... I realize they're still a powerful shooting army and nothing has changed that, but I worry that they'll have no presence in an entire phase, and very weak 'anti-magic'... far worse than Dwarves in fantasy.
They have great movement and great shooting, they deserve to be weak in the psychic phase. Defensively, they have Talisman of Arthas Moloch from Farsight which is about as good a Psychic defense as you can get in the game right now, so I think it's pretty good.

Aren't Tau supposed to be the most overpowered thing ever?

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #66 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 07:20 PM

Xabre's Flag is: USA

Where did I miss Paladins being 4++? I've mostly just been skimming, but I didn't think they were given Iron Halos to start.....

post #67 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 08:01 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

I have a couple of amusing ones, having recently got the Psychic cards myself.

- Eldar. Can summon literally their ANATHEMA, their most HATED and FEARED enemies i.e. Daemons of Slaanesh, up to and including Keeper of Secrets.... but can no longer use their mind to physically move objects (Telekinesis). So the fact that their most BASIC technology (Wraithbone) has to be psychically manipulated into different shapes and textures and forms is represented by not having access to Telekinesis. But they can summon Slaaneshi Daemons. Also, with being able to flat out ignore Perils so long as you keep a die handy... they're the best Daemonology both Sanctic and Malefic casters out there.

Nice one, GW.

- Invisibility is hilarious on Land Raiders. 6s required to hit it in combat. Snap Shots only. Unfortunately cannot be cast from inside the Raider itself.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #68 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 08:18 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
I have a couple of amusing ones, having recently got the Psychic cards myself.

- Eldar. Can summon literally their ANATHEMA, their most HATED and FEARED enemies i.e. Daemons of Slaanesh, up to and including Keeper of Secrets.... but can no longer use their mind to physically move objects (Telekinesis). So the fact that their most BASIC technology (Wraithbone) has to be psychically manipulated into different shapes and textures and forms is represented by not having access to Telekinesis. But they can summon Slaaneshi Daemons. Also, with being able to flat out ignore Perils so long as you keep a die handy... they're the best Daemonology both Sanctic and Malefic casters out there.
On the other hand, you don't have to take Malefic, so if it's a problem then just don't roll on it - I wouldn't say Daemonology is particularly strong anyway, and despite ignoring Perils it's still potentially inconvenient by reducing your Warp Charge pool. Ghosthelms do let them do some good stuff with throwing a load of dice at one pivotal power though.

Quote:
Where did I miss Paladins being 4++? I've mostly just been skimming, but I didn't think they were given Iron Halos to start.....
All Grey Knight vehicles, from Land Raiders to Dreadnoughts to Stormravens to Rhinos, have Sanctuary and Banishment. 12" bubble of +1 Invulnerable Save, and with Grey Knights, you're pretty much guaranteed to get it off. Even better, it only causes a Glance on a Perils, so that's not a problem, and if your opponent shoots the vehicle instead of the Paladins, it's a. drawing fire from the Paladins, good, and b. can be protected by a DA Power Field Generator for a 3++ Land Raider or phalanx of other vehicles. Oh, Grey Knights being Battle Brothers with Dark Angels is a happy day.

post #69 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 08:49 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

It's not a PROBLEM, I just think being able to summon Daemons yet not move things with their mind is... somewhat contra-fluff?

And Sanctic Daemonology is hilarious. I just played a game with Eldrad, Farseer and 8 Warlocks and routinely having a S:D twin linked blast on top of Eldrad tanking with a 2++ with Fortune (potentially) is expensive, but very very killy. Being able to Vortex something and then Singing Spear another target entirely is bloody nice. And then if you want to combat buffs you've still got a load of Runes of Battle powers whenever you want them.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #70 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 08:49 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Am I the only one who finds all this psychic talk extremely complicated to follow? lol

I guess it's cause, for me at least, I'm going from playing a game where rarely anyone would use psykers, apart from eldar and I just had to shrug at them when they started throwing around buffs, to now being saturated with all types of psychic goings on.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode