FAQs for 7e are up - Page 6 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMOB View Post
For blood angels,

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Download...v1.0_May14.pdf

Our furioso libbies are now mastery 2, and libbies can take ml2 for 25 points not 50. However, we also lose the book powers, so no more flying dreadnoughts... Oh, and our vanguard veterans keep their assaulting from deep strike! Interesting developements...

And no fast vehicles bar land speeders and Baal's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neferhet View Post
Fur is for the weak!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 09:47 AM

Adramalech's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Um, that's been in the CSM FAQ for about a year now. And Daemons of Tzeentch still can't take the Scrolls of Magnus, though they're a similar object to the Axe in how they're written (just for MoT instead of MoK).

Still, I really think the Black Mace is an incredibly better option than the Axe on a DP. A lot of what you're paying for with the axe is the AP2 at initiative value--something the DP already has. Yeah, the S and attacks are stil worth it--but wouldn't you rather have Fleshbane, the chance of IDing enemies with every wound you inflict on them, and a 3" DOOM aura for a mere 10 points more, plus the same bonus to attack #?
REALLY? I didn't know that. :\

In any case, a mere 10 points more is quite a bit when you're already talking about a 255 point model. You might as well though, since you're already spending 255 points.

boobs. that is all.
post #53 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
Um, that's been in the CSM FAQ for about a year now. And Daemons of Tzeentch still can't take the Scrolls of Magnus, though they're a similar object to the Axe in how they're written (just for MoT instead of MoK).

Still, I really think the Black Mace is an incredibly better option than the Axe on a DP. A lot of what you're paying for with the axe is the AP2 at initiative value--something the DP already has. Yeah, the S and attacks are stil worth it--but wouldn't you rather have Fleshbane, the chance of IDing enemies with every wound you inflict on them, and a 3" DOOM aura for a mere 10 points more, plus the same bonus to attack #?
Maybe he runs 2 daemon princes so wanted both to have a daemon weapon... that's my guess anyway.

post #54 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 09:55 AM

Adramalech's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
Maybe he runs 2 daemon princes so wanted both to have a daemon weapon... that's my guess anyway.
The black mace isn't a daemon weapon, is it? O.o oh, sure as shit. must have forgotten about that part.

Anyway... I wanted the AoBF on a daemon prince for the +2 strength and the rage special rule, because nothing says "fuck you" like 1d6+7 strength 9 ap 2 attacks.

boobs. that is all.
post #55 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 01:37 PM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Overall, I'm upset with the FAQs...but it's also 2:30am and I'm wasted, so I guess maybe I'll get back to this tomorrow.
lol glad to see i am not the only one who posts here wasted at 2.00am...
post #56 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 01:43 PM

psactionman's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIIIIIIO View Post
I like how they royally fucked up the SW and BA Codex's IC ... they fucking have NONE. They amended all of the IC and made them into just fucking characters now ... no joining squads now for either codex.
The chart doesn't remove the IC USR from their profile so nothing changed in terms of who is an IC. Besides, with the new rules IC can join Mephiston, a huge boost to him. Corbulo with Mephiston in a Stormraven is wicked sick. Add Dante or a SS Libby and you have a scary combination.

Quote:
not allowing Hammer/Shield Terminator sergeants - they don't seem like nerfs since they've been around since forever, but since the FAQ gives us NOTHING good then I'm pretty sore about it.
I am not sure I follow: what Sergeant that should have TH/SS doesn't? Darkshroud losing its Stealth is probably in response to a majority of major tournaments ruling the vehicle itself gets the shrouded rule from itself. Perhaps.

Quote:
Heldrake got a really solid smack with the nerfbat, now forcing it to follow the rules for Flyers rather than having all the advantages with none of the restrictions. This is also a huge indirect buff to every Marine army and specifically Grey Knights.
yeah, I'm not sure why people thought the Heldrakes gun was turret mounted. The codex doesn't specify it is turret and unless the codex specifies it as turret mounted it is hull mounted.

Quote:
Speaking of Grey Knights, they're now Battle-Brothers with a load of people, have a shitload of Warp Charge with bonuses to Deny, can royally fuck over the Daemons that everyone's screaming about (as can most armies, but Grey Knighrs can kill Daemons laughably easily with Banishment, a Warp Charge 1 stackable Malediction and Preferred Enemy Daemons with S5 Storm Bolters), and get Sanctuary (THE greatest power in existence, in my humble opinion). These guys are DEFINITELY my go-to Allies for Dark Angels. Really want to bring Knights in a Grey Knight Land Raider so I can run around with a bunch of T5 2+/2++ guys, but as it is I'll simply bring a couple Razorbacks with 5-man Strike Squads and give all my Deathwing a 4++ or 2++ depending on their loadout. Also makes Azrael into a metric bastard.
not to mention every GK vehicle gives 1 more WC per psychic phase...
post #57 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 02:04 PM

the_barwn's Flag is: Great Britain

How does the Harliquin power veil of tears work now??

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtheunsavoury View Post
"Hey! I just made a full suit of tactical dreadnought armour!"

"Cool! Does it work?"

"Well, my virginity now has a 2+ invulnerable save so yeah, kinda did "
post #58 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 02:13 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by psactionman View Post

yeah, I'm not sure why people thought the Heldrakes gun was turret mounted. The codex doesn't specify it is turret and unless the codex specifies it as turret mounted it is hull mounted.
It was turret mounted in the previous Faq. So glad this change was made and there is a blind spot to exploit now.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer
post #59 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 03:49 PM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_barwn View Post
How does the Harliquin power veil of tears work now??
For both Eldar and Dark Eldar it works as per the Eldar Codex (2d6x2 range limit when shooting at them).

Shadowseers are ML1 psykers who have a single power Veil of Tears (although they have daemonology per the FAQ their single spell slot is still taken by VoT).

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
post #60 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-28-14, 05:14 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
I am not sure I follow: what Sergeant that should have TH/SS doesn't? Darkshroud losing its Stealth is probably in response to a majority of major tournaments ruling the vehicle itself gets the shrouded rule from itself. Perhaps.
Deathwing Terminator Sergeants cannot bring anything other than Storm Bolter/Power Sword, even if the rest of his squad has Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield.

Darkshroud originally had Stealth and Shrouded on the profile, and gave out Stealth. Removing Stealth from it was in the last FAQ as well, as is kinda implied in the Shroud of Angels rule itself, but it's still a nerf to a unit that wasn't paticularly good anyway.

Quote:
As Varakir said, it was in the 6th edition FAQ.

Quote:
not to mention every GK vehicle gives 1 more WC per psychic phase...
Yeah, that's pretty big too, but Sanctuary is incredibly strong. It's even better now that the Dark Angels Power Field Generator works from inside a transport again - bringing a phalanx of vehicles, maybe even Land Raiders, with a 3+ Invulnerable Save is pretty incredible for the cost.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode