FAQs for 7e are up - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 08:27 PM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post

And I'm surprised that Hammerhand stayed on GK units, I'd figured that they would have replaced it completely with Banishment. The more you know, eh?
I'm not surprised. It's nice to see that the psychic powers are still somewhat different between the different squads.

I'm very happy with this solution. It will stop some crazy bullshit where you have to keep track of a TON of spells for a GK army too. I would hate to have to spend half an hour before the game rolling up psychic powers and keeping note of which squad has which for my army.

Only sad part is that palladins and purgation squads feel a bit more "meh" now because of it. But a sacrifice I'll take for the clear rules. Also... Vehicles with sanctuary all the time? Fuck yeah! I'm just wondering how perils can be resolved against a vehicle? I'm picking up my book tomorrow

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 08:38 PM

Find it odd that they removed all the character's abilities to get a command barge, and the spyder and arks do nothing on 1 for their resepective rolls to make stuff but then they don't take damage which is okay I guess.

Its nice they stopped Helldrakes flaming out their arse, but they haven't clarified whether Chaos psychic focus counts as the power that MUST be taken from their chosen god.

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow

Last edited by falcoso; 05-27-14 at 08:42 PM.
post #33 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 08:40 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

Since you have to take all your powers in one tree to get the focus bonus what needs to be claified?

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #34 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 09:09 PM

psactionman's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossy Toes View Post
I think you may be, slightly. It's definitely 4+ against the unit targeted, and 3+ if they have a higher ML than the person casting against them (2+ on Njal? Dirty!). On the other hand, you lose DTW bonuses if you try to deny Blessings, Conjurations and the like, so I don't see why runic weapons would give you a bonus there. The FAQ rewording of their entry doesn't mention a range or anything--just a flat +1 to DTW.
Basic versus advanced. The Deny the Witch section says you roll as many d6 as you want then apply modifiers. The section on powers not targeting you says ignore modifiers. But the codex contradicts this by giving a blanket +1 to all DtW rolls. When a rulebook entry and a codex conflict codex wins. This interpretation also falls into position with the spirit of the rule before. There is no indication that they intended to change how their staves work. I'm playing it as a 5+ to nullify.

Regarding Chaos focus, by having a god you get the Primaris for that god. If all your other psychic powers are from divination you would get prescience for free, as well as your god's primaris. That is how I read it at least.

Last edited by psactionman; 05-27-14 at 09:12 PM.
post #35 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
Since you have to take all your powers in one tree to get the focus bonus what needs to be claified?
Chaos psychic focus is just that you get the primaris of the discipline of your aligned god, not that if you roll all your powers on the same discipline you get the primaris. CSM sorcerers, if they have a mark Must generate one power from the discipline of their aligned god, but it is whether Chaos Psychic focus counts as that one generated power or not

Me: To be honest im amazed there isn't a chaos god of not revising or at least chaos god of procrastination

MidnightSun: There will be, when enough people do it. Y'know when the Eldar were all engaging in their hedonism and Slaanesh ripped open the Eye of Terror with his creation? Slaanesh will have NOTHING on the God of Procrastination, and his vile minions will carve the galaxy asunder in a thousand year reign of blood.... Tomorrow
post #36 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 09:50 PM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

So no divination for Ahriman and the 1ksons...that's hugely disappointing tbh (even just from a fluff perspective).
post #37 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 10:07 PM

Just a quick question about the "summoned daemons summoning more daemons" thing.

Do summoned units even have psychic powers? aren't they determined at the start of the game? I don't have my rulebook yet, so I'm not quite sure what it says. Any mention of that in the conjugation section of the psychic phase?

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
post #38 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 10:08 PM

They pretty much generate them the moment they hit the table. They can't cast that turn though.

post #39 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 10:20 PM

Oh, didn't know that was mentioned somewhere

Also, sorry for asking for a direct rule, but what does a psychic hood do these days?

It would seem GK dreadnoughts are very good DTW rollers now due to reļnforced aegis allowing them to reroll the result. If psychic hoods only help against witchfire/maledictions, then I can see quite a few people trying to shoehorn some GKs into their army to get a psyfleman dread again? If only for blessing reduction/stopping the summontrain?

post #40 of 95 (permalink) Old 05-27-14, 10:23 PM

Want to say it is the same as it was in 6th. Within 12 inches of a targeted unit the hood can attempt to nullify.

I don't see a flood of GK dreads though. the powers got harder and more risky to cast. Especially the summons since they are WC3.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode