Blood Angels Rumors - Page 28 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #271 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-13-14, 10:09 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Wow. Digging the book even though I got tabled (for the first time ever) in T5 against a Tau opponent. At 1000 points I ran:

Libbynaught - ML2, pyromancy

Fragioso in a Pod

2x 5 man Tacticals w/ Plasma Guns in Razorbacks with Heavy Bolters and Extra Armour

10 man Assault squad w/ 2x Flamers and 2x Hand Flamers on the sergeant

Baal Predator w/ Assault Cannon, Heavy Bolters, Storm Bolter

My biggest problem was that I deployed my Assault squad instead of Deep Striking them. The 2D6 scatter worried me too much, but damn did they bite it hard against a Riptide's 'fuck off' cannon. This also was a list I threw together after looking at the book for 10 minutes and didn't include my other two Drop Pods because I didn't bring them. Stupid.

The Rhino, Razorback, and Drop Pod are all now Fast Attack choices as well as Dedicated Transport options.

Death Company cannot take a Land Raider as Dedicated Transport, it has to be from a Heavy Support slot.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 12-16-14 at 01:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-15-14, 04:02 AM

(EDITED: some off hand comments were not called for and lacked a sentient thought process)

Sanguinor, 15x Dc, dc dred, 10 sanguinor guard, 20 tactical marines.
1500 pts.
47 models. New codex.

Gone are the days of my 7 man 500 point deathstar. (Sang, 5x DC, DC dred)

My assault squad will get converted into DC with wings lol.

Main points;

DC no longer can you have a pure death company list. But jet packs WOW!

DC Dreds are elites as they should be, but I did like the last codex idea.

Sanguinary guard, +5 makes handy. Should be an upgrade for command squad, makes sence to me.

Tactical, and scouts. No brainer use to fill as needed.(edited due to poor content)

-/+ Scouts, no sniper but you can take a lightning claw.

Bikes, who does this? No really who does this? BA are supposed to fly. I can see a chaplain on a bike cause its cool, that is all.(personal pref. )

I did like the detachment, but only one? Dissapointing. Unless you were lucky enough to get the other book. (Still available as digital for a bit more then a codex, and its good for what? 4 armys. Very cool)

Now we look at the very busy hq slots.

Point costs, some good would pay more for others if they were not moved from foc to another.

Flesh testers are not space vampires, they are space ghouls. Give them some brain candy.

Rant rant rant.
Hey they fixed our spells. Big ++ here. I picked up some with my new dex (awesome!)

Wishful thinking: I have many great ideas, but in hopes gw's psychics are tuning in I will just think them harder!

Here's a picture.

Disclaimer; previous content has been modified for content.

Last edited by mrknify; 12-16-14 at 03:01 AM.
post #273 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-16-14, 01:56 AM

For a positive breakdown, go here.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

post #274 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-16-14, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
For a positive breakdown, go here.
I recommend this!

What I failed to mention is once all the older dex's get the 7th ed treatment, they will actually be fairly balanced.

In my previous post I did not touch enough on positive points. Ntaw's writeup gives you a great picture.

Here's what i'm looking at;(with what I have)
Baal strike force formation,
Asteroth,
2x 15 DC all j-pack
2X DC Dred.
2x 5 man tac squads.
Secondary detachment;
Sanguinor, sanguinary priest w/ jpack
X10 Sanguinary guard
Furioso dred
2x 5 man tac
Baal pred
2x speeders

After spending some time in-depth with the codex the more I like it, it grows on you.

Where the ork codex was just magic(of course its predecessor was.... rough)

Looking forward to new formations, possibly a pure DC list as that's what I like to run. Miss my 500, 7 man list.

Cheers to ntaw for his well thought out review.

post #275 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-16-14, 07:32 PM

Thanks @mrknify

That list looks pretty tight, personally I'd drop the Sanguinor and potentially the Speeders to beef up those Tactical squads with transports and weapons. Do you play your Dreadnoughts in Drop Pods?

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #276 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-16-14, 08:12 PM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

would is the army viable using drop pods I mean I got 3 unbuilt at moment just waiting the right army lol
post #277 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-16-14, 08:17 PM

I use three pods all the time, two Fragiosos and an Assault squad/Death Company/Sternguard squad (depending on my mood), and would recommend more people do so.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #278 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-17-14, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Thanks @mrknify

That list looks pretty tight, personally I'd drop the Sanguinor and potentially the Speeders to beef up those Tactical squads with transports and weapons. Do you play your Dreadnoughts in Drop Pods?
Alas I have no pods, they are on my to get list.

The speeders I have had for ages I usually do end up dropping them, their build alone will max my tac squads.
I just need to get another sanguinary guard squad to finish the 10 man.

I came up with the concept for the list as DC and Sanguinary make great fluff lists. I agree drop pods would make the dreds so much more amazingly fast, saving the walkup blow up especially from tau.

Love the flesh tearers and really want a hard cover exterminatus book for all the nice formations.

Cheers

post #279 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-18-14, 10:43 PM

Zerodyme619's Flag is: Germany

The new formations from Exterminatus look really nice. Also, a detachment, that consists only of 2HQ (1 compulsatory) and 16 elites (2 comp.) XD. If you wanna play first company, there you go. New Traits, if you use the detachments from the book aswell, Deathcompany formations, Vanguard and Sternguard in Stormraven formation. All very expensive, pointswise, but kinda fluffy and fun ^^

Contrary to popular opinion, the plural of 'anecdote' is not 'fact'.

All generalizations are false.
post #280 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-19-14, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodyme619 View Post
The new formations from Exterminatus look really nice. Also, a detachment, that consists only of 2HQ (1 compulsatory) and 16 elites (2 comp.) XD. If you wanna play first company, there you go. New Traits, if you use the detachments from the book aswell, Deathcompany formations, Vanguard and Sternguard in Stormraven formation. All very expensive, pointswise, but kinda fluffy and fun ^^
Anything for pure a death company army?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode