Blood Angels Rumors - Page 21 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-07-14, 12:14 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

@OIIIIIIO I'd love to hear Mephiston and Dante's rules if you have the time when you get your 'dex. I wish I was getting mine early....as it is I think I'll be able to wait until Saturday for the rest of the rules, barring anything you feel the need to type of course. The GW a town over has an open gaming day coinciding with the release, I may power through the book in-store and make a list up to play. Fuck I love being employed and not working weekends.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 12-07-14 at 03:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #202 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-07-14, 12:17 AM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

lol I just wanna know if there is such a new thing as death company terminators, im kinda hoping there is lol
post #203 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-07-14, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
@OIIIIIIO I'd love to hear Mephiston and Dante's rules if you have the time when you get your 'dex. I wish I was getting mine early....as it is I think I'll be able to wait until Saturday for the rest of the rules, barring anything you feel the need to type of course. The GW a town over has an open gaming day coinciding with the release, I may power through the book in-store and make a list up to play. Fuck I love being employed and not working weekends.

2nd that I'm a big Mephiston fan, have playing the Blood Angels since the rogue trader days when you just painted your marines red!

post #204 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-09-14, 04:05 AM

AledM's Flag is: Wales

So apparently they've completely redone Blood Angels. Biggest disappointment for me - no more assault marines as troops.....

http://dedard.blogspot.ca/2014/12/sp...odex.html#more

W/D/L (Since returning to 40k after 3 years)
New Tau 10/1/1

Last edited by AledM; 12-09-14 at 04:09 AM.
post #205 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-09-14, 07:15 PM
Rattlehead

Army wide Furious Charge that also gives +1 Initiative. Yes. Yes indeed. Oh, and Sanguinary Priests buff your Weapon Skill? Hey, we're Assault Marines. We have WS5 S5 I5 and Meltaguns. We heard you said we were bad.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #206 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-09-14, 10:17 PM

I'm....unsure about how I feel regarding those changes. Glad I haven't repainted painted my BA Rhino/ Razorbacks!

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #207 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-10-14, 02:32 AM

Quote:
I'm....unsure about how I feel regarding those changes. Glad I haven't repainted painted my BA Rhino/ Razorbacks!
I'm actually coming round to it a lot more having reflected on it. People are generally still taking minimal troops so the loss of objective secured on our assault marines doesn't feel so bad now that they gain the old furious charge rule again. That extra initiative is just so crucial....

Not to mention all the extra heavy flamers we have access to....and reduced point costs across the board to be the same as the normal marines.

The new formations open up a lot for us in the future and the special characters generally seem far more playable than previously. Dante with his *corrected* axe and EW is pretty huge and our psychic powers and relics seem pretty dam decent too.

We will have to look at our lists from the 5th codex and change them yes....but ultimately I think we will prove to be a highly competitive army once again.

New Tau 10/1/1
post #208 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-10-14, 02:51 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm liking the new things going on. My beef is that I got back into this game and finally got together a nice painted force with some RAS in Razorbacks: fuck that, 6th hit. Then I shift to buying jump squads to fill up my Troops and was even going to paint my Razorbacks yellow to be included in my Imperial Fist army and bams: no more jump squad Troops.

I'll adapt, and be stoked and excited again once I have the book in hand and start making lists. It's just....wearing a little thin that the linchpins of my list making and model buying keep shifting (an over the course of the last 2 years, judging by my 'join' date on Heresy). Change whatever the hell you want GW, just leave the fucking Troops section alone.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #209 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-10-14, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm liking the new things going on. My beef is that I got back into this game and finally got together a nice painted force with some RAS in Razorbacks: fuck that, 6th hit. Then I shift to buying jump squads to fill up my Troops and was even going to paint my Razorbacks yellow to be included in my Imperial Fist army and bams: no more jump squad Troops.

I'll adapt, and be stoked and excited again once I have the book in hand and start making lists. It's just....wearing a little thin that the linchpins of my list making and model buying keep shifting (an over the course of the last 2 years, judging by my 'join' date on Heresy). Change whatever the hell you want GW, just leave the fucking Troops section alone.
I know how you feel man. I only have assault marines at the moment....I also recently bought a new vindicator so I had 2 fast pie plates to drop around while my troops pushed forward.....Sadly that was never meant to be...

But as i said....as long as we fill those two troops slots....all is game!

New Tau 10/1/1
post #210 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-10-14, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Something that was dropped in my PM box this morning:

Quote:
Hey Zion!

Someone on warseer apparently has a spanish BA codex out a few days early and has been doing a Q/A and summary. I got all this before it was taken down by the mods, I was wondering if you could share it anonymously on the BA rumors thread (as well as make any adjustments so its ok to post, for like points costs and stuff).

"so, one of the stand out little tidbits is that, 5 assault marines in a drop pod with two infernos pistols and 2 melta guns[you read that correctly] are 5 points LESS that before, when they only had one melta gun.

Dante is about the same price he was before, he also gains a tactical objective trait along with descent of angels... which, works on anything coming from reserves... like...drop pods, terms every darn thing gets to only scatter d6 and reroll failed reserve attempts.

corbulo's +1 ini stacks with everything else, only his +1 ws doesn't stack with other priests.

the sanguinor costs a storm raven now.... and flying him with corbulo in one, could be hilarious, with a 6 inch from the hull +1 WS,INI, ATT buff

furioso cost the same as they did before and magna grapples are a free replacement to smoke launchers. Frag canons now cost five points but are exactly the same !!!

the libby dreads can get a melta gun to replace the storm bolter and the force weapon is an ap2 strx2 force weapon.

furioso are only ws 5 , but still a v13

Astorath is very sad, same stats as before and his warlord trait is adamantium will.. his axe is +1 strength ap2..two handed unwieldily. but on a 6 it auto wounds and causes instant death[of course you can still save that wound normally]
he's the only guy that makes DC reroll to wound no a charge.

otherwise he has the usual rules for a chaplain and FC of course....he costs 5 points less than captain karl at least.

Death company no longer have a limit on how many pistol weapons or melee weapons[no grav pistols though] and you can get up to 15 in a squad... 3 points a jump pack same price as the old lot base

command squad looks just the same as a standard squad, they can take jump packs for 25 and the squad costs a century. standard 3 vets a company champion and a noviciate

the bikes look the same bar furious charge I think.. 63 points base can get two special weapons, including grav, they can get an attack bike and up to 5 more.. that kind a stuff, nothing weird

yup dual wielding inferno pistols on seargants is a thing.. wee.....

super annoyingly, you can't buy them artificer armour.....and you can't buy arti armour for the sang priest either.

oh, you can get a 50 point tech marine as your HQ

Just a narethium for the noviciate

it's 135 points for 4 melts in a pod

yes, relic blades and arti armour are options for the captain.... who is still pretty pointless looking at all the sweet baby love you can get form all the other choices

sang priests are 1 per slot , just like tech marines[well if you really want a cheap ass hq I guess]

Lemmy is 20 points less, same stats as before but when he loses a wound only gains +1 strength and attacks. he is an elites slot no free slot for joining DC , which he has to do. oddly it says he can only join a dc squad.... can another ic join him.hmmmm

the blood angels battle company formation, is actually playable and badass. you get obsec AND +1 intiative on the charge.
1 captain
1 chaplain
1 command squad
6 tacticals
2 assault
2 dev
1 dc
1 dread
1furioso

all jump flyer or skimmer can reroll reserves with dant'es trait)

darn only jump and skimmer units get 1d6 less scatter.. oh, well, there I go getting excited

no land speeder storm

his pistol is just an inferno pistol, his masks causes a fear check to any unit in combat within 12 inches of him every fight phase
he still has hit and run and has eternal warrior... man and he's 5 points cheaper than before [LOW of course] holy cow he's just lovely

you can get multiple death company squads.
the detachment is annoyingly 1 to 4 elites[I was hoping 4 to 6]

so all vets are elite
terms can take the company banner replacing a stomr shield or lightning claw, costs 5 points.
company banner is the standard on
Chapter banner does what it used to[nice as hell for 10man sang squads wowch!

only jump packs for command squad, only a narthecium not a grail for the novitiate

captains and chaplains are 90 each, have furious charge and are the same as CSM

Tycho is a little sad

Blood talons cost 10 points for the pair, just give shred

no dead mans hand
no army buff
his war old trait gives him rampage

no special ammo but the combi part and the bolter part are master crafted.

he costs 40 more points than a normal captain.

tycho the lost costs 15 more points and you get
feel no pain, relentless fearless rage
and he can only join dc

furiosos and dc dreads cost the same as before
All dreads bar cassor are in the elites

Ravens are heavy and have storm strike missiles...meh isn only 5 point extra armour and 10 point locator beacon

infernus pistols are just standard gear, 15 points a pop.

for a dreadshock list, libby dreads look amazing strength 10 ap2 force weapon, melta gun[you can buy them one now squeeze] quickening primaris. nice thing s to roll on the warlord table.

so 2 libby dreads
4 furiosos
cassor the damned, all in lucius pods.

add other things to taste, only need one more troop as well

vinidis and preds can get the fast upgrade for ten

Meph only gets to roll for two powers, his other one just gives him strength 10.

the hypnotic gaze is a leadership check in a challenge, if the opponent result is equal or greater on 2d6, me phi hits them on 2+

115 for the baal pred, no scout, no torrent flame storm

and yes you can get auspex for characters

lol yeah a bolt pistol for one point for the sang priest

rhino is 45[and fast of course]
razor is 65 all weapon upgrades cost 20 except TL heavy flamer, which is free, the razor is also fast

assault squads get free pods or rhinos if they take off their jump packs

anyway, the masks are 1 point each the whole unit mudt get them and they make the unit cause fear,
sang priests have two wounds, can get a bike but not arti or termy armour , can get relics and of course any of the standard and special war gear, just like a captain

dante is exactly the same stats wise

corbs doesn't have 2+ fnp, he does have three wounds and has the warlord trait which gives +1 initiative, which stacked with his grail gives him 7 initiative and ws6
he lets you do one reroll of either a save a to hit roll a to wound roll, one scatter dice a leadership check and.... seize the initiative"

more on Dante, paraphrased: he's now EW, his axe is +2s ap2 master crafted, not unwieldy
So thanks person I'll be keeping anonymous unless they tell me otherwise! That's some nice work you did compiling this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode