Blood Angels Rumors - Page 18 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-01-14, 10:06 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Coolest codex art yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-01-14, 10:06 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Forgive me if I got the Drop Pod part wrong, are these the current rules for "Dreadnought Drop Pod (Lucius Pattern)"? If it is,
Nope. That's from the 4th (5th?) Edition update for Imperial Armour Volume 2 - not the 2nd edition (i.e 2nd edition print, updated for 6th (or is it 7th?) edition game), the original 3rd edition release one. The Lucius Dreadnought I'm reading from was IA Vol2 2nd Edition, the most current, unless there's a new PDF update - which almost certainly will not affect it.

Quote:
As for the Stormraven you can pull the claws back a little bit, I never said anything about using Skies of Fury to pull some bullshit rules manipulation. Fly on T2 (soonest, anyway), Hover and Assault T3. They may not be able to make it into combat any quicker, but you said it yourself:

How is that a bad thing? It ain't quicker, but those claws can Instant Death up to T5 now, its a viable weapon against tanks, if it keeps the ability to generate extra wounds it can level squads of infantry....these are all positive things.
Provided said Walker can hit said model. You can't catch much now in melee with it now, and unless there's some more reliable delivery method, it's still just asking to eat a melta in the face. Having a wider range of theoretical targets makes no difference. That's probably a much more competitive style of meta though.

That sword is cool as fuck on the Sang Priest though.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 12-01-14 at 10:54 PM.
post #173 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-01-14, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Forgive me if I got the Drop Pod part wrong, are these the current rules for "Dreadnought Drop Pod (Lucius Pattern)"? If it is,
Current rules for the drop pod (from what I remember without looking at IA2:V2 right this second) don't include the "assault on turn it deep strikes" rule, but also doesn't make you disembark (or stay disembarked).

It also gives passengers shrouded.

post #174 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-02-14, 02:28 AM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Well @Vaz , I guess I just haven't had the same problems playing my Furiosos that you have. Hitting something in CC with WS6? Not typically an issue, though dice can be bitches to be sure. Flying on (up to 36") means you can basically put the 'raven on top of what you want to charge the following turn, and not much you want to charge with a dreadnought can get further than 12-18" away in one turn which is easily reachable with a 6" move, 6" disembark, and 2-12" charge range (again, barring them bitchy dice). I fully agree that T3 at the soonest is a bit too late, but I am still very down for Sx2 AP2 Blood Talons over the current incarnation.

Comment retracted (clearly!) about the assaulting out of the Drop Pod, thanks for setting me straight on that one guys. I had once considered spending the bucks on those massive Pods just for that reason!

Sweet looking 'dex cover. Just got my DV rulebook in the mail today, can't wait to get this on the go at the GW a town over. My red army will fight again!!

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #175 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-02-14, 04:15 AM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Eh, I meant hitting as in reaching, and with the AT running around these days, it's surprising that it makes contact, or does anything useful - Eldar and Marines are nippy as ever, nor am I a fan of leaving it at risk of Crew Stunned/Immobilised on a zooming flyer. Still different strokes for different folks, and if you can get your Dreads into CC, enjoy your even better blenders =) - at least now you can take on those GKT's - just look out for hammers!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #176 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-02-14, 06:53 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

a slightly better version of the codex front page:

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #177 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-02-14, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Good find @Einherjar667 , that model is fucking gorgeous....and exactly why I almost hoped there wouldn't be a new Priest model. My scratch built one is gunna be pretty shoddy lookin' next to that beaut!

The more I look at it though the more I want it to be a new Corbulo model. The chalice is almost identical, looks like artificer armour, and he did have a special chainsword that could have looked WAY cooler than the original one. It kinda looks like a weird mash-up of Tycho, Corbulo, and Mephiston('s robes). In the blurb for picture 1 (the chalice itself) it states that the blood chalice is the badge of office for priests in general, so maybe this is just how fancy BA are gunna be now. Each new picture for this release that I see makes me sad that I have so many vanilla marine models painted red now.
It's just called Sanguinary priest, not a specific one.

(From here: http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.d...-plastico.html)
post #178 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-02-14, 05:53 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Not really into the Fabio Marines myself, but I've got to say that that cover is great. Almost makes them as manly as Furry Corp.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #179 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-04-14, 02:10 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Check this out from over on deadard. Blurry pictures of a new BA Libby in TDA and the Terminator squad. I agree with the poster of this, those poses just aren't in the current range.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #180 of 296 (permalink) Old 12-04-14, 04:33 PM

maximus2467's Flag is: United Kingdom

Not convinced that's a new termy Libby or new termies though I pray I'm wrong

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode