Space Wolves Rumors - Page 54 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #531 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-10-14, 04:57 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodyme619 View Post
Yap. The Detachment basically looks like the one from BRB, only you need at least 2 HQs and can have up to 6 (!!). The Rest is as usual.
It allows you to reroll your Warlord Trait (business as usual), and before the game starts, you can roll a D6 for every unit of the Detachment (add +2 if it is a Troop choice, joined by a character). If you roll a 6, the unit gets outflank. And then finally, the guaranteed reserve roll every round.
Of course, you do not get "objective secured" with this detachment, that would be a bit much...
I can think of quite a few lists that could be really fun with this ;)
That's pretty neat. I think Great Waaaagh! possibly get it better with Deep Strike instead of Outflank, but automatically getting reserves is a really nice benefit.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #532 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-10-14, 08:11 PM

Firewolf's Flag is: Scotland

>> Having read the book, I think its pretty good. Yeah, they have lost a few "wolfy" things, but I honestly like the tactical objectives. Yeah, they replace rulebook ones, but I think they give us some of the wolfyness back, basically we are marines, but We think different tactically. Im sure you get my point there, even if it looks wrong.

>> Logan's chariot looks sweet, but I wont get one. And free storm shields for termies is cool imo.

------------------------------------------------------
>> This is just an opinion. If you agree with it cool. If ye dont, its still cool.
>> Here I am and here shall I die.
+++ attributed to Leman Russ at the Battle of Rising Fell +++
post #533 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-13-14, 06:10 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Found this on fb. Looks like a repackaging of existing SW sprues with heavy weapons and jump packs. Don't see a frost cannon on the LFs though. It says there's 8 heavy weapons, which is the same as the standard devastator box, which has a missile launcher, a multi-melta, two heavy bolters, two lascannons and two plasma cannons. Also just noticed that they are €3 dearer than the normal SM boxes. The Warriors of the Fang box saves you €34 though.

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 08-13-14 at 06:28 PM.

post #534 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-13-14, 10:01 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Looks like they have removed the standard leg sprues and replaced them with the wolf pack sprue, a good move for GW as even though they are slightly more than the vanilla marines it means a less expensive alternative than buying both a dev squad and a wolf pack set .

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #535 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-26-14, 03:14 AM

Diatribe1974's Flag is: USA

The Skyclaws will be mine soon enough. Probably 2 boxes worth.

post #536 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-26-14, 04:19 AM
Craw-Daddy

Chariot is kind of ridiculous. Thats pushing it really. They are fricken super humans with the best armor in the galaxy.
post #537 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-26-14, 03:20 PM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Looks like they have removed the standard leg sprues and replaced them with the wolf pack sprue, a good move for GW as even though they are slightly more than the vanilla marines it means a less expensive alternative than buying both a dev squad and a wolf pack set .
yes and no, sure buying both just to build the Dev squad with more wolf bits might seem more expensive, but if you then take all the bits you didnt use to make the dev squad and use them to make normal marines, you still come out ontop with more by just buying the original dev box and a space wolf kit.
post #538 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-27-14, 09:37 AM
nice boy, daft though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Werewolf_Arngeirr View Post
yes and no, sure buying both just to build the Dev squad with more wolf bits might seem more expensive, but if you then take all the bits you didnt use to make the dev squad and use them to make normal marines, you still come out ontop with more by just buying the original dev box and a space wolf kit.
you are correct of course, but what i was getting at was that it was better for those on a lower budget(which seems to be anyone on a forum if the claims of poverty are anything to go by ), after all, if you can just throw money at this game its actually easy to save money(ironically) by buying the larger box sets that save you stacks of cash vs RRP of the individual boxes.

the other thing i like is that they have bothered to bundle them together at all, i know its a little like spoon feeding the customer, but considering some of the comments i see on social media from gamers i can understand why they have done it, part of games workshops continued ability to sell stuff stems from the paranoia of its customer base of not wanting to field anything that didnt come off the shelf and from the pages of the codex, thats why i think we are seeing things like allies matrix and codex supplements/dataslates, the average GW gamer lacks the initiative/confidence/ability to work this shit our for them self? or maybe they are just too lazy? back in the day of RT the game was pretty fluid and open ended, you pretty much turned up with anything and worked out the rules for it as you went along, ok maybe not ideal for the gamer of today but it meant imagination and fun were the key factors in the game.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #539 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-27-14, 10:13 AM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
you are correct of course, but what i was getting at was that it was better for those on a lower budget(which seems to be anyone on a forum if the claims of poverty are anything to go by ), after all, if you can just throw money at this game its actually easy to save money(ironically) by buying the larger box sets that save you stacks of cash vs RRP of the individual boxes.

the other thing i like is that they have bothered to bundle them together at all, i know its a little like spoon feeding the customer, but considering some of the comments i see on social media from gamers i can understand why they have done it, part of games workshops continued ability to sell stuff stems from the paranoia of its customer base of not wanting to field anything that didnt come off the shelf and from the pages of the codex, thats why i think we are seeing things like allies matrix and codex supplements/dataslates, the average GW gamer lacks the initiative/confidence/ability to work this shit our for them self? or maybe they are just too lazy? back in the day of RT the game was pretty fluid and open ended, you pretty much turned up with anything and worked out the rules for it as you went along, ok maybe not ideal for the gamer of today but it meant imagination and fun were the key factors in the game.
that is why i said yes and no, as for a quick one buy, yes its cheaper then HAVING to buy both kits to get the appropriate design as one might want for just long fangs, and for veteran players this is a better choice. Of course I think the Dev / Long Fang box is stupid in the first place as neither box gives you the ability to choose ALL the weapons you would want on said squads, it just gives you one of each, forcing you to buy, say, 5 boxes, to get a squad of 5 Missile Launchers (the old Long Fang loadout, not sure how it would fare in 7th)
post #540 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-27-14, 10:18 AM
nice boy, daft though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Werewolf_Arngeirr View Post
that is why i said yes and no, as for a quick one buy, yes its cheaper then HAVING to buy both kits to get the appropriate design as one might want for just long fangs, and for veteran players this is a better choice. Of course I think the Dev / Long Fang box is stupid in the first place as neither box gives you the ability to choose ALL the weapons you would want on said squads, it just gives you one of each, forcing you to buy, say, 5 boxes, to get a squad of 5 Missile Launchers (the old Long Fang loadout, not sure how it would fare in 7th)
true enough, but then again, there are those bitz websites i keep hearing whispers about, where people can buy heavy weapons individually....when they have stock...

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode