Space Wolves Rumors - Page 42 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #411 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-01-14, 09:38 PM
Senior Member
 
kickboxerdog's Avatar
kickboxerdog's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: wiltshire
Posts: 1,415
Reputation: 50
Default

anyone elses see this
kickboxerdog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #412 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-01-14, 09:38 PM
Dazed and confused.
 
Khorne's Fist's Avatar
Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 8,496
Reputation: 105
Default

Yeah, the head is nearly as bad as the fluff for him. "Oh look, there's a crazy psycho dread wandering the battlefield, and we have no clue who owns him or where he came from. Sign him up!" said no one, ever.
Khorne's Fist is offline  
post #413 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-01-14, 09:41 PM
Senior Member
 
Brother Cato's Avatar
Brother Cato's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 348
Reputation: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Werewolf_Arngeirr View Post
apparently... i think that models head is still silly as all fuck for a dread though.
No argument here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
Yeah, the head is nearly as bad as the fluff for him. "Oh look, there's a crazy psycho dread wandering the battlefield, and we have no clue who owns him or where he came from. Sign him up!" said no one, ever.
The worst part is I can fix this in a way that makes sense and is fluffy right now - he's a Venerable who in life had the Mark of the Wulfen, and the condition transferred over to his Dread body.

There's your killy Venerable right there, and it doesn't sound quite as retarded.
Brother Cato is offline  
 
post #414 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-01-14, 09:46 PM
Senior Member
 
The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Avatar
The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: T.Dot
Posts: 602
Reputation: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post

The worst part is I can fix this in a way that makes sense and is fluffy right now - he's a Venerable who in life had the Mark of the Wulfen, and the condition transferred over to his Dread body.

There's your killy Venerable right there, and it doesn't sound quite as retarded.
unless murderfang is just too OP for his points, i doubt id even think about him, and if i do, it will be heavily modified WITH a helmet. I dont like "named" characters.

Also, that chariot looks GAY
The_Werewolf_Arngeirr is offline  
post #415 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-01-14, 09:47 PM
Dazed and confused.
 
Khorne's Fist's Avatar
Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 8,496
Reputation: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
he's a Venerable who in life had the Mark of the Wulfen, and the condition transferred over to his Dread body.
That would be the easiest and most sensible thing. Which is why I think maybe he is a link to something else, like the 13th company, maybe. Something to be explored down the line.

And yes, that chariot is pure gick. It looks like a dwarf gyrocopter cut in half, which makes it only half as shit as a gyrocopter. So far the only thing I'm having the urge to buy straight away is the flyer. It has grown on me the last week or so, oddly enough.

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 08-01-14 at 09:51 PM.
Khorne's Fist is offline  
post #416 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-01-14, 09:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Brother Cato's Avatar
Brother Cato's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 348
Reputation: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Werewolf_Arngeirr View Post
unless murderfang is just too OP for his points, i doubt id even think about him, and if i do, it will be heavily modified WITH a helmet. I dont like "named" characters.

Also, that chariot looks GAY
Not seen the Chariot yet. On the other hand, IF I decided to use a Murderfang, it would be in a Drop Pod as a pricey Distraction Carnifex unit. And that's a big "if" right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
That would be the easiest and most sensible thing. Which is why I think maybe he is a link to something else, like the 13th company, maybe. Something to be explored down the line.
Which leaves the question open of the convoluted backstory that makes zero sense. Incidentally, as much as there's a demand for it, I doubt we'll be seeing the return of the 13th Company anytime soon. GW seems to want to distance themselves from Codex: Eye of Terror as much as possible, what with the squatting of the Lost & The Damned and all.

A shame really given it was a good book, and in some ways above the calibre of most of the Codexes these days.

Last edited by Brother Cato; 08-01-14 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Missed a post
Brother Cato is offline  
post #417 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-01-14, 09:48 PM
Senior Member
 
kickboxerdog's Avatar
kickboxerdog's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: wiltshire
Posts: 1,415
Reputation: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
Not seen the Chariot yet. On the other hand, IF I decided to use a Murderfang, it would be in a Drop Pod as a pricey Distraction Carnifex unit. And that's a big "if" right now.
kickboxerdog is offline  
post #418 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-01-14, 09:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Brother Cato's Avatar
Brother Cato's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 348
Reputation: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickboxerdog View Post
...

I have no words. Not even a Santa Grimnar joke can make that seem appealing.
Brother Cato is offline  
post #419 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-01-14, 09:55 PM
Senior Member
 
kickboxerdog's Avatar
kickboxerdog's Flag is: England
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: wiltshire
Posts: 1,415
Reputation: 50
Default

lol from what I can see the pic logan does look good and wanna see him without the chariot
kickboxerdog is offline  
post #420 of 541 (permalink) Old 08-01-14, 09:55 PM
Dazed and confused.
 
Khorne's Fist's Avatar
Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Posts: 8,496
Reputation: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
GW seems to want to distance themselves from Codex: Eye of Terror as much as possible, what with the squatting of the Lost & The Damned and all.
Lost and the Damned are coming back in a FW book soon enough, by all accounts. Or at least in the form of Chaos Renegades.

As for the 13th, there is a lot of talk in the different blurbs of the SWs thinking that the end times are coming, which might herald their return.
Khorne's Fist is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome