Space Wolves Rumors - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-04-14, 06:37 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Yeah, especially Ragnar. Seems like one of the last vestiges of the old school, horrible arm poses. Ulrik isn't much better. At least Grimar is sort of dynamic.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-04-14, 07:17 PM

LokiDeathclaw's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Yeah, especially Ragnar. Seems like one of the last vestiges of the old school, horrible arm poses. Ulrik isn't much better. At least Grimar is sort of dynamic.
Yeah Grimnar is sort of dynamic but I think the proportions of the model are all out. I personally have always thought it was a poor sculpt since it was released.

Loki Deathclaw's Great Company-https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126454

High Elves Plog- Caledor Warhost-https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=154490
post #33 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-04-14, 07:23 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

All of the SW characters need an upgrade. Well, all but Njal and Canis, that is. I think my biggest issue with them is that their dimensions are just shit. That, and Ragnar looks like he's getting himself psyched to take a massive crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I for one like the Vikings idea and will continue thinking of them as such and its purely for the cool factor.
Meh, to each their own, I suppose. To me it comes off as lazy, one dimensional writing, but I suppose people do like it.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.

post #34 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-04-14, 07:31 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDeathclaw View Post
Yeah Grimnar is sort of dynamic but I think the proportions of the model are all out. I personally have always thought it was a poor sculpt since it was released.
Fair enough, it's far from the best sculpt they've ever put out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
Meh, to each their own, I suppose. To me it comes off as lazy, one dimensional writing, but I suppose people do like it.
WOLF-themed Vikings! C'mon, that's almost 2 dimensions.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #35 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-04-14, 07:37 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
WOLF-themed Vikings! C'mon, that's almost 2 dimensions.
That's true; it's almost 2-D… if but just barely… almost.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #36 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-04-14, 07:39 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
All of the SW characters need an upgrade. Well, all but Njal and Canis, that is. I think my biggest issue with them is that their dimensions are just shit. That, and Ragnar looks like he's getting himself psyched to take a massive crap.

I dont think you can even drag them out of the viking/wolf theme anymore its a quite strongly esteblished image by now
post #37 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-04-14, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Space Wolves have been werewolf vikings forever. Complaining that the idea isn't enough is like complaining about Blood Angels basically being space vampires: there isn't a point.

Besides, Viking Werewolves in an idea so cool that Skyrim did it.
post #38 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-04-14, 07:57 PM
Grand Lord Munchkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Space Wolves have been werewolf vikings forever. Complaining that the idea isn't enough is like complaining about Blood Angels basically being space vampires: there isn't a point.

Besides, Viking Werewolves in an idea so cool that Skyrim did it.
The problem is that they aren't; the more modern novels give them a more unique overtone that I really like which I would like to see more in a new codex. I don't care that the undertone is Northern European space werewolves, just that what came out in the codex was somewhat boring as far as the naming and fluff went.

post #39 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-04-14, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Codex always trumps novels on canon. Period. The BL authors can run whatever way they want but at the end of the day the flagpole we should be looking at for what an army "is" comes from the codex.

EDIT: And how is "werewolf vikings in SPACE" not unique? FFS Skyrim is the only other bit media I've ever seen that actually has Werewolf Vikings. The only way it could be more awesome is if they rode bears into battle.
post #40 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-04-14, 08:50 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
the more modern novels give them a more unique overtone that I really like which I would like to see more in a new codex.
Yeah, maybe a Codex: Vlka Fenryka would be a better title this time around rather than Codex: Space Wolves. More reflective of the recent change in our perspective of them. We know GW are not averse to a rebrand.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode