Space Wolves Rumors - Page 30 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #291 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-26-14, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
In a world where an undead, immortal emperor conquered most of the galaxy using 20 entirely different clones created using magical juju 'stolen' from magical space juju gods, where green fungus monkeys and elven gimps do battle against 8 foot tall super solders with 2 hearts and 3 lungs, and blue tuna-cow men fight giant uber bugs…. you question the ability of a brick to fly?

I think it looks awesome.
I don't question if a brick can fly, hell I can make a brick fly, I question whether or not the flying brick could win in a dog fight.....which it looks like it can't, So many blind spots, it relies solely on guns, and seems to rely on it's pilot being a super human, instead of its design aiding the pilot it hampers him..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #292 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-26-14, 01:31 PM

maximus2467's Flag is: United Kingdom

He may have a plethora of scanners, radars and sensors to help him, think more Star Trek, less Battle of Britain, and of course you can't discount the power of the machine spirit

Plus, it's a model........

Last edited by maximus2467; 07-26-14 at 01:33 PM.
post #293 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-26-14, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus2467 View Post
He may have a plethora of scanners, radars and sensors to help him, think more Star Trek, less Battle of Britain, and of course you can't discount the power of the machine spirit

Plus, it's a model........
Ok putting that asid he still has a major weapons blind spot, he has a D cannon and missiles.... I don't believe dcannons are rapid fire weapons, they may be great at taking out slow moving ground enemies, but we're talking about a god damn dog fight, unless this star fox, where people fly at leisure speed, I doubt he will have enough time to lock onto an enemy, charge, and fire is gun before someone in a better fighter blows him from the sky. The thing is less a jet fighter and more an AC-130

post #294 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-26-14, 02:44 PM

Brother Cato's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hi there. I don't know if any of this has been said beforehand, but the White Dwarf Weekly has been dropping some not-so-subtle hints that it may well be the Dreadnaught/Bjorn Combi-Kit as expected.

What isn't so expected however is this little snippit from the White Dwarf:

Quote:
In the wake of the Horus Heresy, the Imperium lay in ruins, shattered by the carnage wrought by the Traitor Legions. Determined to prevent such a catastrophe from ever occurring again, Roboute Guilliman of the Ultramarines insisted that the strength of the Legions be divided into smaller forces, known as Chapters, so that no one man could ever command the unstoppable power of a whole Legion once again. While some accepted his wisdom readily, others railed against it. For the Space Wolves, there was no real decision to be made, for the Sons of Russ lacked the numbers of their brother Legions and so remained intact, retaining the same structure as they had at their founding - 13 Great Companies, each with their own Lord. In the long years since then, tragedy has befallen the 13th Company, but 12 remain until this day, each an incredible fighting force roughly equal in strength to a Codex Chapter's Battle Company.
Now I'll admit my Space Wolves fluff knowledge is rusty, but aren't they one of the few Marine chapters actually closer to Legion strength right now? Not to mention I don't recall them taking extreme casualties during the Heresy (in part because the only conflict I know of they partook in was the Burning of Prospero), and that the Salamanders and Raven Guard - who had similar if not greater problems, mind - would go on to have Chapters (even if the Salamanders ones are only guessed at).

I have a disturbing feeling if this isn't true or if something has changed, we're going to see some retconning the likes of which not even the Grey Knights have ever seen.

Then again - like I said - my Space Wolves knowledge is rusty, so I could just be misinterpreting the above passage as "suddenly, the Space Wolves adopt the Codex like everyone else seems to be doing!".

If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me or ignore. I'd rather not propagate info that turns out to be incorrect.
post #295 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-26-14, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
Hi there. I don't know if any of this has been said beforehand, but the White Dwarf Weekly has been dropping some not-so-subtle hints that it may well be the Dreadnaught/Bjorn Combi-Kit as expected.

What isn't so expected however is this little snippit from the White Dwarf:

Now I'll admit my Space Wolves fluff knowledge is rusty, but aren't they one of the few Marine chapters actually closer to Legion strength right now? Not to mention I don't recall them taking extreme casualties during the Heresy (in part because the only conflict I know of they partook in was the Burning of Prospero), and that the Salamanders and Raven Guard - who had similar if not greater problems, mind - would go on to have Chapters (even if the Salamanders ones are only guessed at).

I have a disturbing feeling if this isn't true or if something has changed, we're going to see some retconning the likes of which not even the Grey Knights have ever seen.

Then again - like I said - my Space Wolves knowledge is rusty, so I could just be misinterpreting the above passage as "suddenly, the Space Wolves adopt the Codex like everyone else seems to be doing!".

If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me or ignore. I'd rather not propagate info that turns out to be incorrect.
Actually unless the BT fluff changed, then the Black templars are intact closer to legion strength, as each fleet is about the size of a chapter, though it can range wildly.
post #296 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-26-14, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
Actually unless the BT fluff changed, then the Black templars are intact closer to legion strength, as each fleet is about the size of a chapter, though it can range wildly.
I know the BT's were one such Chapter. However, I recall hearing from somewhere the Wolves and Grey Knights were also equal to this.
post #297 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-26-14, 03:39 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

They suffered massive casualties on Prospero. They lost more fighting the Alpha Legion, and it looks like they are preparing to take the fight to Horus's very own flag ship, which I'm sure would be a brutal encounter.

Each company size varies wildly, and there may actually be more than 12 companies, because if one has gone missing for long enough they raise another one. The missing company could eventually turn up though.

It is wrong on the point of not splitting after the Heresy though. They founded the ill fated Wolf Brothers.

Last edited by Khorne's Fist; 07-26-14 at 03:43 PM.
post #298 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-26-14, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
They suffered massive casualties on Prospero. They lost more fighting the Alpha Legion, and it looks like they are preparing to take the fight to Horus's very own flag ship, which I'm sure would be a brutal encounter.

It is wrong on the point of not splitting after the Heresy though. They founded the ill fated Wolf Brothers.
Not unless they've been retconned out of existance, but yes - that much I remember.

Also - understandable about Prospero, however what's this about taking the fight to Horus's flagship?
post #299 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-26-14, 03:45 PM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post

this is GW were talking about, could very well be retconned out at the flip of a coin.
post #300 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-26-14, 03:50 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Cato View Post
however what's this about taking the fight to Horus's flagship?
Read Vengeful Spirit.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode