Space Wolves Rumors - Page 23 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #221 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 05:48 PM

The_Werewolf_Arngeirr's Flag is: Canada

I also feel that the stormwolf is looking to be far superior to the stormfang.

the fang seems to lose the turreted cannon and 10 carrying capacity, to put a fixed "destructor" through the center of the hull, which only adds the lance special rule to the model? and you have to pay 5 more points for it? i seriously need to see all the rules to this new flyer but i doubt anyone will do stormfangs if this is the case, everyone will just run the 16 transport capacity.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 08:03 PM

maximus2467's Flag is: United Kingdom

Does seem a little daft, only reason to take the gunship variant would be if your regular opponent fielded land raiders or monoliths in large numbers
post #223 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scscofield View Post
That was my first thought, I figure they will price it in a way that using two of them to make the ram would end up costing what the ram does
actually, it would depend on how you converted it into a ram. really, I think with a bit of plasticard ill be able to turn one of those kits from what it is now, into a SW ram, and if the new codex doesnt completely turn me off from playing, I probably will do that even... i love the SW designs they threw all over it, but it really does not look very "aerodynamic" so even if I get it, its going to have some conversions done to make it look more... friendly towards gravity and atmosphere.

post #224 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus2467 View Post
Does seem a little daft, only reason to take the gunship variant would be if your regular opponent fielded land raiders or monoliths in large numbers
even then. the basic set up you can pay 20 points for TWO twin-linked Multi Meltas on each side, with an already established twinlinked las cannon and "hellfrost cannon" so this beast will be able to fly onto the field and decimate atleast one tank your opponent controls instantly, and likely a few others after if they do not take it down immediately.
post #225 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 08:57 PM

Still looks to me like a way to make a load of people ally in space wolf vehicles to their marine army. No doubt Blood Angels will get a copy as well. Meaning all the normal space marines will miss out on it without allies, just like Dark Angels don't get Centurions, or these flyers... /cry...
post #226 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 09:03 PM

ooo idea. buy 3 "stormwolf / stormfang" kits, build two assault ramp carrier stormwolfs, then build a "ceatus stormfang" out of the third kit + the extras from the first two kits, mainly the two large cannons on each side muhahahahaha.
post #227 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 09:07 PM

At least as a flyer it will arrive late to game, so it wont be overly powerful if it doesn't turn up till turn 2-3 unless it is on a skyshield.
post #228 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayegelt View Post
At least as a flyer it will arrive late to game, so it wont be overly powerful if it doesn't turn up till turn 2-3 unless it is on a skyshield.
yes, its not going to insta wipe out the enemies forces due to it being a flyer, but like a lot of flyers, coming in later into the game could also be an advantage.

I also enjoy playing big games (2.5k + in points, to apocalypse levels) which having a flyer or two like these would be amazing.

I really hope the SAMs are given to the longfangs.
post #229 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 09:24 PM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Werewolf_Arngeirr View Post
even if I get it, its going to have some conversions done to make it look more... friendly towards gravity and atmosphere.
some advice: I think an easy way to do that would be to attach a pair of engines to the front, bout where forward 'wings' are so it looks less like a flyer, and more like a drop shop, say like this.

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

post #230 of 541 (permalink) Old 07-21-14, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonkingofthestars View Post
some advice: I think an easy way to do that would be to attach a pair of engines to the front, bout where forward 'wings' are so it looks less like a flyer, and more like a drop shop, say like this.
thats not a bad thought at all, but with the design the way it is, I would probably re-arrange the back 'wings' to look wider (probably replace the small wings with bigger ones, turn the duel engines from Vertical to horizontal, and add a couple of smaller engines near the forward "wings", but really, all my plans require me to see exactly how they have divided each piece up to make it on the sprues haha.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode