Space Wolves Rumors - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 04:36 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

"Fuck it, we're just going to release Space Vikings. No more of this wolf nonsense. New kit for the Space Wolves-- Mecha-Frost Giant mini dreadnoughts called Jarls that have SD hammers and twin-linked assault cannons that get 2D3 on a rend against vehicles instead of just d3. That'll show those pesky Tau and Eldar players, and even if the sculpts end up looking like mecha-downies, we'll still sell tons of 'em at $75 a box as long as our Mecha-Jarls are super broken! Now, where's the whiskey? I need to be a little more drunk to keep working on the Space Wolf release." -GW Design Team

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
"Fuck it, we're just going to release Space Vikings. No more of this wolf nonsense. New kit for the Space Wolves-- Mecha-Frost Giant mini dreadnoughts called Jarls that have SD hammers and twin-linked assault cannons that get 2D3 on a rend against vehicles instead of just d3. That'll show those pesky Tau and Eldar players, and even if the sculpts end up looking like mecha-downies, we'll still sell tons of 'em at $75 a box as long as our Mecha-Jarls are super broken! Now, where's the whiskey? I need to be a little more drunk to keep working on the Space Wolf release." -GW Design Team
Gee, I didn't know they do at work what I do every Saturday O_o
post #13 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

If someone is getting plastered to work on Space Wolves and ISN'T drinking Mead to do it, they're just wrong.

post #14 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 07:16 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
If someone is getting plastered to work on Space Wolves and ISN'T drinking Mead to do it, they're just wrong.
Ale.

Also, why the heck do they either have to be Vikings or Wolf nuts? Honestly, why can't they just be their own thing? The books pull it off pretty well, so why can't we just get a happy, creative medium.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #15 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
Ale.

Also, why the heck do they either have to be Vikings or Wolf nuts? Honestly, why can't they just be their own thing? The books pull it off pretty well, so why can't we just get a happy, creative medium.
I for one like the Vikings idea and will continue thinking of them as such and its purely for the cool factor.
post #16 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 09:52 AM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Flak missiles and the stalker/hunter are a given. As for new units, I hope they get some sort of 13th Company option, but that might come as a supplement. I'd be happy with updates for the 20 year old Ragnar and Ulrik minis. Grimnar is also looking a bit small beside his more modern brothers in termie armour.
post #17 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 11:14 AM

DeathGlam's Flag is: United Kingdom

A new Ragnar model that has a more agile pose and i could easily be sold on starting a Space Wolves army.
post #18 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 06:39 PM

maximus2467's Flag is: United Kingdom

Completely selfish comment inbound:

"I DONT WANT WOLVES! IM HAPPY WITH MY WOLF ARMY!!! I'd really like to re do my blood angels, they're the army I started with 20 or so years ago, I keep going back to them because they feel like home but they're just not competitive in the current rules set, Dante and astorath striking last just because they've got axes? Plus their dex is older than the wolves (I think) so come on gw! Release the angelic host!"

End of selfish statement

Sooooo wolves eh...........? The only change will be to nerf the 4+ 24 inch deny psychic power bubble (that's right I'm a pessimist, with good cause)
post #19 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 07:49 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus2467 View Post
Dante and astorath striking last just because they've got axes?
Yeah, hopefully they'll fix Grimnar as well. The reason he had the stats for both axe and PF was so he could strike at his base initiative if he needed to, or use the fist against beasties if the situation calls for it.

Then the broke him. It is a ridiculous situation that two of the greatest characters in the game such as Dante and Grimnar strike after hormogaunts.
post #20 of 541 (permalink) Old 05-02-14, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Dante isn't likely to change. And his high Initiative has other uses than swinging first, such as Sweeping Advances. He'd have more uses for it if more types of characteristic tests were in 40k.

Grimnar I agree was broken and needs to be adjusted.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode