New wargaming case developed and for sale - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 07:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grins1878 View Post
Might have to pick one up next month, I've bookmarked this thread for that reason! I'm in serious need of storage so these would be ideal (and transporting for me).

I'd be interested in cavalry trays too in the future. There's rumblings that I may be delving more into fantasy.

Bravo!
Thank you very much, how many cavalry trays would you be interested in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDeathclaw View Post
Around 40 cavalry slots? I have also ear marked one for the near future as will be in need of storage!
Heh I am not sure how many I could fit in a tray but I will look into it. I also meant how many trays would you be interested in? ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakingofchaos View Post
Case looks good, not innovative just much better thought out than most others. A small point to people who gripe about rain, I PVA'd my KR case just to 'seal' it, had it a couple of years and its still going strong, same would probably apply to these ones. Good product!

Thank you, hopefully you will be able to see one first hand ;)

______

As a side note for those wanting cavalry trays would you prefer them laying down sideways or standing up?

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 11:27 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Sethis did a great review of the product, and I'm glad to see there's cost effective options out there for people....but....the idea of paying $70+ for a cardboard box is ridiculous to me. I'd rather shell out the coin for something that doesn't look like I could make it for less.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #43 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-08-14, 08:05 AM Thread Starter

Well it must be a good idea as it works for KR.

post #44 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-08-14, 08:22 AM

What about covering it yourself with pva and paper of some sort? This could make it more waterproof (at least less likely to get completely ruined in the rain) you'd then have a nice personalised case
post #45 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-08-14, 08:57 AM

LokiDeathclaw's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartosis View Post
Heh I am not sure how many I could fit in a tray but I will look into it. I also meant how many trays would you be interested in? ;)
Ha I would look to have the larger ones (6 x 36 slots is it?) and maybe some cav ones if you decide to make them?

Loki Deathclaw's Great Company-https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126454

High Elves Plog- Caledor Warhost-https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=154490
post #46 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-08-14, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny B View Post
What about covering it yourself with pva and paper of some sort? This could make it more waterproof (at least less likely to get completely ruined in the rain) you'd then have a nice personalised case
I am looking into it. The boxes will be branded at a later date also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDeathclaw View Post
Ha I would look to have the larger ones (6 x 36 slots is it?) and maybe some cav ones if you decide to make them?
Ah ok, wouldn't pick and pluck be better that way you can shape it to how you want and comes in handy if you have them magnetised on a movement tray?
post #47 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-08-14, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartosis View Post
Well it must be a good idea as it works for KR.
Never heard of them. I assume they are another purveyor of cardboard boxes, which is probably why.

Millions of people eat at McDonalds but it doesn't mean they make good food.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #48 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-08-14, 03:06 PM
ChaosRedCorsairLord's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Never heard of them. I assume they are another purveyor of cardboard boxes, which is probably why.

I dunno, cardboard can be pretty tough. My battlestar galactica box has survived several hundred games and is still going strong, and I'm not exactly careful with it.

If you're worried about water, you could always get that contact stuff you stick over books.

When I was a young boy, I dreamed of being a baseball...
post #49 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-08-14, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post

I am confused. How you can compare my product, which provides utility and a cheaper alternative than similar products (if you had bothered to look before chiming in), and an actual use, compared to a fast good chain which provides little to no nutritional value and causes more problems than it solves.

*epic facepalm*

Last edited by Zartosis; 05-08-14 at 04:30 PM.
post #50 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-08-14, 05:11 PM

I checked into your product, and the first thing I said was that I was glad there is a less expensive alternative and that Sethis' review was a good one. What I said afterward is that it ain't for me.

You said it must be a good idea because another company is doing well with the cardboard approach. You can count any number of companies that have tried copying the McDonalds approach to fast food, and they all pretty much suck just as hard because they are copying a bad idea. People think it's a good idea, maybe because McD's is making so much money, but in fact it's just crap (a shortened version of your description of their product) that people are buying based on price and availability. Likewise, I think you have started this product based on an idea that is...shall we say less than optimal, since I don't think it's total crap. To me, it doesn't matter how much less your product costs: it's still a cardboard box.

Doesn't mean other people can't enjoy it, just means it's the internet and not everyone is going to love what you got going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosRedCorsairLord View Post
I dunno, cardboard can be pretty tough.
I get that, I worked in international shipping for 4 years in my early 20's. Also means I've seen a ton of the bad things that can go wrong with cardboard though, which is where my dislike of the product comes from. Cardboard works for some, not for me.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode