New wargaming case developed and for sale - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-03-14, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, enjoy the sweets when you review it ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-05-14, 10:52 AM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Hi all,

So I have a few spare minutes and want to let you know how I found this case.

First off, it arrived promptly, which is nice. Two days after payment, which means it was posted ASAP after payment and delivered by 2nd Class post. Free postage is also a decent thing - the cost was 35, flat.

[IMG][/IMG]

So size wise it's about twice that of a GW case, maybe a little less.

Looking at the exterior, there was a little bit of creasing in the cardboard - exclusively in the lid, which is natural since it's the only part that moves.

Obviously at the moment this is minor, and only time will tell if it becomes an actual problem or not. I will note at this stage that the cardboard is not as rigid or solid as the KR Multicase cardboard, which is significantly denser, and therefore presumably more resistant to things like rain.

Opening the case, there was a fun size packet of Haribo, which was nice, and hasn't biased my review in any way... ;)

Looking at the foam, you certainly get a lot of it! The case holds 448 models, which is something on the order of quadruple the regular GW case capacity. It'd certainly do well for people who enjoy things like collecting Companies of Marines, or you could easily add the sheets to other cases for more infantry-dense armies. I know a lot of my cases are mixed up layers of KR, Battlefoam, GW and so on depending on the army and system.

With regards to the foam itself, it does the job very nicely. It's kind of a halfway house between KR and Battlefoam in terms of rigidity, it's also stronger than GW foam. The foam is glued quite strongly (pretty much the most strongly glued I've come across) to the base along the horizontal lines, the vertical lines are unglued. Obviously if you want to cut them up for models then you want to go vertical, which is favourable for back banners and bikes, but less good for wide models like Terminators.

The slots themselves are pretty much the perfect depth, holding models with swords etc deeply enough to make risk of damage from blades sticking out negligible. It's also slightly accomodating with height - Marines with bigger backpacks should just about fit in neatly. The larger slots along the base are actually an invention that is more useful than you first think - they hold things like Sang Guard (which are actually rather large compared to normal slots) in enough numbers to mean you don't need to chop up the case as much as you otherwise might. Also makes it easier to find special/heavy weapon troopers or Sergeants if that's something you struggle with (Imperial Guard, for example).

Overall, I think this case is great for storing models and taking them to the local workshop. It seems solid enough for most use, but I do have reserves about taking it outside when it's absolutely BELTING it down. Drizzle etc should be fine, but I don't want to risk an actual downpore.

Finally, there is nowhere, absolutely nowhere else, that will let you case up and store almost 450 models for 35. Not a chance. So on that basis alone, even if you use the trays in other cases, it's very good value for money, because the foam quality is superb.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #33 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-05-14, 08:12 PM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nice review sethis

Seeing it vs the GW case it's clear that it's a very good value bit of kit. Good luck with your sales Zartosis!

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

post #34 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-05-14, 08:18 PM

LokiDeathclaw's Flag is: United Kingdom

Can the larger made trays hold fantasy cavalry??

Loki Deathclaw's Great Company-https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126454

High Elves Plog- Caledor Warhost-https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=154490
post #35 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-06-14, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethis View Post
Snip
I would just like to thank you for your purchase and your review.

I will try to reply best I can to your review.

From this week/early next I will be using a different delivery service which provides tracking, which will be emailed to customers allowing them to track the progress to give them peace of mind.

The Haribo sweets will be a regular theme. I have never seen the other competitors do it and I believe it's something that will help me stand out. And a little thank you gesture to customers while they pack their trays.

As to the case, I believe because of it's size it will be more prone to creases, but that was the only option to keep the set cheap. I am looking into getting flight cases made (the nylon ones) so players have more choice.

I'm very happy you like the foam and price as those are my main selling points. I was going to use the softer foam KR use but as you say this one is inbetween them and BF which seems perfect.

Again thank you for your purchase and review, hopefully I will see you again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
Nice review sethis

Seeing it vs the GW case it's clear that it's a very good value bit of kit. Good luck with your sales Zartosis!

Thank you very much, hopefully I will be able to send you one or two soon ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokiDeathclaw View Post
Can the larger made trays hold fantasy cavalry??
Personally I don't think so, I will eventually make a tray for them though. I have taken a picture so you have an idea.

post #36 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-06-14, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartosis View Post
Personally I don't think so, I will eventually make a tray for them though. I have taken a picture so you have an idea.

Ah I see. I am still interested as it is definitely a good product, if you could make a cav tray I would buy one ASAP!!

Loki Deathclaw's Great Company-https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126454

High Elves Plog- Caledor Warhost-https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=154490
post #37 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-06-14, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

How many would you want? There is another person who wants them but there would have to be a decent demand for me to pay for it's development.

I do sell pick and pluck foam that could suffice for now though.
post #38 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 12:54 PM

Grins1878's Flag is: United Kingdom

Might have to pick one up next month, I've bookmarked this thread for that reason! I'm in serious need of storage so these would be ideal (and transporting for me).

I'd be interested in cavalry trays too in the future. There's rumblings that I may be delving more into fantasy.

Bravo!

"I no longer think of them as animals Ahmuz, though I once did. I now think of them as the purest of us all. Incorruptable. Single-minded. The perfection of my father's vision." - Magnus the Red.
post #39 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zartosis View Post
How many would you want? There is another person who wants them but there would have to be a decent demand for me to pay for it's development.

I do sell pick and pluck foam that could suffice for now though.
Around 40 cavalry slots? I have also ear marked one for the near future as will be in need of storage!

post #40 of 73 (permalink) Old 05-07-14, 01:32 PM

Dakingofchaos's Flag is: United Kingdom

Case looks good, not innovative just much better thought out than most others. A small point to people who gripe about rain, I PVA'd my KR case just to 'seal' it, had it a couple of years and its still going strong, same would probably apply to these ones. Good product!

'If you fail to prepare then you'd better prepare to fail'

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode