Crimson Slaughter up for pre-order & Updated Chaos Space Marine battleforce - Page 8 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-14-14, 02:20 AM

Dawnstar's Flag is: New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/03/t...-unveiled.html

Not everything is top notch, but I'm pretty stoked about it! I always take units with the mark of Khorne, but it will be interesting to have Khorne buffs while taking another mark with the HQ. I really like these relics, I think every one sounds good to me. That Chosen upgrade is pretty cool, too. Don't roll any 2s! The Warlord Traits aren't half bad, either.

This book doesn't have anything game-breaking, and ultimately that's a good thing. I do like what I see, I hope everything is true! If so, I don't regret spending my money on this supplement at all. Sweet! Forces of evil, rejoice!
That doesn't seem too bad honestly. I think I'll pick the book up after all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
Mate, bacon can do anything.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-14-14, 04:44 AM
Entropy Fetishist

Mossy Toes's Flag is: USA

I have reservations and some hopes about the Crimson Slaughter. I might ally in a Divination Sorc or some such, depending on the wording of the Divination Relic's rules. I have yet to see the finalized new rules for the Possessed, and have heard conflicting rumors as to their random chart, but still can't see myself taking them.

The Chaos battleforce is excellent, though I'd much rather have seen a trio of bikers than those raptors--ah well, were I to buy it, I imagine I'd resell the Raptors. The rest, though, is all useful and engaging.

CSM Plog, Tactica

What sphinx of plascrete and adamantium bashed open their skulls and ate up their brains and imagination? Imperator! Imperator!
post #73 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-14-14, 08:38 AM

Quote:
4. Gain Divination and can re-roll failed psychic tests. No Deny the Witch bonus's
I'm bringing an allied sorc just for this

Quote:
5. Cannot be taken by a Daemon Prince. Gains 2+ save and it will not die
Tempting to put on my allied sorc.

Quote:
Gain Daemon, Fearless, and fleet, and gains the Crimson Slaughter possessed mutation-roll a d3.
Put lord in possessed, use allied grimoire for a minimum 3++ going to a 2++ on the right roll.

Last edited by Gret79; 03-14-14 at 09:06 AM.

post #74 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-14-14, 11:55 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret79 View Post
Tempting to put on my allied sorc.
I'm pretty sure you can't give allies wargear out of your codex like that.
post #75 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-14-14, 12:28 PM

Could I not take an allied crimson slaughter detachment using the CS artefacts?

I'm planning on going Black Legion or CSM for the main part and then bringing a crimson slaughter detachment of an allied sorcerer and some cultists. I'm going to bring as many demon engines as I own and buff them with divination (prescience for Forgefiend etc)
post #76 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-14-14, 12:29 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gret79 View Post
Could I not take an allied crimson slaughter detachment using the CS artefacts?

I'm planning on going Black Legion for the main part and then bringing a crimson slaughter detachment.
The allied CS Sorc could use it yes, but the way you phrased the post made it sound like you were giving the Black Legion Sorc the item instead.
post #77 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-14-14, 12:30 PM

Ah, fair enough
post #78 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-15-14, 03:03 AM

KahRyez's Flag is: USA

Well, the dark gods showed me favor and I acquired my collector's edition earlier today, so I'll confirm some of the stuff posted earlier, if that's okay

Quote:
Crimson Slaughter
Crimson Slaughter can ally with as Battle Brothers with Chaos Space Marines<--yep

All models in the Crimson Slaughter Detachment have Fear.<--yep

Choose one unit of chosen to be upgraded at +10pts. Gain preferred enemy.<--you upgrade the champion for ten points and he gains the rule, but if he is killed it goes away

Possessed are Troops. Roll a d3 at the start of the CS players turn. 1: Unit and Vehicle if embarked are shrouded 2: Unit type becomes Beast 3: Gain a 3+ invul save and rending<--yep, it removes the standard one, the one that replaces it is called Slaves to the voices

New one: Renegades of the Dark Millenium- only cult troops can take Vertrans of the Long War

Warlord TraitsThese are mostly accurate, new stuff in the red
1. Warlord and unit gain hate, extra bonus's against Dark Angels<--they reroll misses every round of combat against Codex Dark Angels
2. All enemy units within 12" of warlord suffer a -2 to fear tests<--also enemy units suffer a -1 to their leadership which is also in the 12" bubble
3. Warlord has Rage and Furious Charge, but must charge attempt to assault if within 12"
4. Warlord and unit gain Crusader
5. Enemy models in base contact with Warlord take d6 S3 ap hits at the beginning of each assault phase
6. Warlord has shrouded

Relics<--I'll add the point costs in here
301. Replaces a powermaul on a Dark Apostle S +2 AP4 Concussive and all CS units in 6" gain Zealot
30 Chaos Lord only power sword with said effect, total is tallied at the end of every assault phase2. Soul Siphon gains powers based off of enemy models removed in close combat. Effects last the rest of the game 1. +1S 3. AP 2 5. +1S 10. Instant Death
153. Furious charge, Hamer of Wrath and rage
254. Gain Divination and can re-roll failed psychic tests. No Deny the Witch bonus's
305. Cannot be taken by a Daemon Prince. Gains 2+ save and it will not die
306. Gain Daemon, Fearless, and fleet, and gains the Crimson Slaughter possessed mutation-roll a d3. <--also can only join possessed chosen from the CS detatchment
All and all I'm pleased with the look of the codex, the sleek black cover that has a glowing green picture appear on the back once it gets warm. It had some interesting fluff too, and wasn't exactly what I expected from a slaughter happy chaos warband, honestly I expected more khorne related things. I'm gonna start writing up a list using what I mostly have and use this new dex, it should be fun ^^

-There is nothing that can not be beat with a proper application of gauss fire-
Bloody Harvest of Destroyer Lord Badrum W- D- L-

-Vengeance for the betrayed!-
Dark Talons CSM Warband(Dex:CS) W- D- L-

You can round up a million maggots to try to defeat me... but you'll still all just be maggots!
- Luca Blight

Last edited by KahRyez; 03-15-14 at 03:17 AM.
post #79 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-15-14, 04:08 AM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Are they more tragic? That's the info I gathered.
post #80 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-15-14, 05:04 AM

KahRyez's Flag is: USA

Yeah, things don't go well for them, it stinks of someone of something pulling the strings in the background later on, and could be true as the cool divination artifact? it belonged to the head librarian that had been taken completely by a Lord of Change of all things >.> so Tzeentch demon up in our happy slaughter marines, these guys are weird.

Also it has a footnote of those Crimson Saber members that chose not to turn(4th captain and 59 members of his company), they ran off swearing that the next they meet it would be as foes. And they are still helping somehow because there are sightings of Crimson Saber heraldry still in service despite the inquisition essentially erasing them from the records.

Also they hate the Dark Angels, and know their secret, lolz....

I am kinda curious about who their parent chapter was, as it likely wasn't the three mentioned in the dex that they interacted with, being the smurfs, DA, and BAs.

-There is nothing that can not be beat with a proper application of gauss fire-
Bloody Harvest of Destroyer Lord Badrum W- D- L-

-Vengeance for the betrayed!-
Dark Talons CSM Warband(Dex:CS) W- D- L-

You can round up a million maggots to try to defeat me... but you'll still all just be maggots!
- Luca Blight

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode