Rumor: Imminent Crimson Slaughter Codex & Helbrute Release - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Default Rumor: Imminent Crimson Slaughter Codex & Helbrute Release

Salt salt blah blah blah: I really hope this is true! Not the Khorne supplement I dream of, but I'll take whatever we can get!

Quote:
This just in, as we are getting a confirmation that this coming weekend will be the release of a new Helbrute kit, as well as a new codex........ Crimson Slaughter! It looks like new models are on the way, and March is going to be full of Chaos.

Please remember that these are rumors, and I am hoping to get more confirmations of this as the week starts up. Basically we are looking at these becoming available for pre-orders this coming weekend.. March 8th for pre-orders and a March 15th release date.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
i can confirm that this weekend we will be seeing a chaos box art update and the new hellbrute kit aswell as a crimson slaughter codex release
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/03/h...slaughter.html

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 04:07 PM

Einherjar667's Flag is: USA

Very interesting indeed. I'm eager to see what this could be all about.

Perhaps even a Chaos Knight in with all the chaos releases.
post #3 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

I'm really hoping for some rules for Kranon the Relentless.

The CSM codex seems to peg these guys as followers of Khorne (but not explicitly), which is great, but I think it could be interesting if he didn't have a mark, and made up for it with some interesting special rules.

More than anything else, if they do have rules for him, I hope that badass daemon sword of his is more than just a power sword.

Last edited by venomlust; 03-03-14 at 04:18 PM.

post #4 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 04:19 PM

It's cool to see a lesser known legion get a nod. And I'm definitely very happy with the sculpts from the DV box, if that's the new look of khorne-aligned chaos, I am totally on board for it.
post #5 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

I'm just hoping that it isn't a detachment which requires you to use the units as they are in the Dark Vengeance box, i.e. that unit of Chosen with all the close combat weapons.

*edit*

Yeah I agree with the lesser legion thing. Lots of people on Natfka are pissed because it isn't one of the traitor legions or god supplements, but I like to think it's an opportunity to give us something new and unique. I still hope they release the other supplements, though. Might as well.

post #6 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
I'm just hoping that it isn't a detachment which requires you to use the units as they are in the Dark Vengeance box, i.e. that unit of Chosen with all the close combat weapons.

*edit*

Yeah I agree with the lesser legion thing. Lots of people on Natfka are pissed because it isn't one of the traitor legions or god supplements, but I like to think it's an opportunity to give us something new and unique. I still hope they release the other supplements, though. Might as well.
Let them be pissed, if it was X, they'd whine that it wasn't Y and Z, and so on.

The Lexicanum says the Crimson Slaughter is Chaos Undivided, so maybe there's more to them than meets the eye. And as for the detachment thing, let us hope not. As the Chosen models in DV aren't that viable, and I used all mine as Champions.
post #7 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 05:22 PM

Ravion's Flag is: USA

Yeah it would be nice if the crimson slaughter got there own codex or supplement but it would be nice if the aligned legions or the chaos gods got some love too.
post #8 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravion View Post
Yeah it would be nice if the crimson slaughter got there own codex or supplement but it would be nice if the aligned legions or the chaos gods got some love too.
that Veterans of the Long War supplement we heard about sounded like that, but that sorta fizzled out.
post #9 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post

*edit*

I agree with them over on Natfka. Who cares about a CSM warband that didn't exist until Dark Vengeance? All us CSM players want is some way to add a little individuality to our army, something that separates us instead of just what colour we choose to paint our minis. The VOTLW supplement rumours gave us a little hope to personalise our army with legion suiting rules, but no, we (might) get this.

CSM players have been crying out for legion rules for 40K since they introduced them in codex 3.5. The Black Legion codex once again gave a little hope that they were planning to release a codex for each legion, but GW (maybe) waste time and resources on a Crimson Slaughter codex, when it could have been an Iron Warriors, World Eaters, Word Bearers, etc. one.

In an ideal world I would love to have a mini-dex for each legion. Nothing fancy, just one or two rules to represent how each legion wages war, maybe a couple of unique items or wargear. Please? I just want to be able to upgrade my Night Lords so that they all have fear, even if it would be useless against every loyalist marine army.

Címon GW, sort this out.
post #10 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-03-14, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Whittaker View Post
I agree with them over on Natfka. Who cares about a CSM warband that didn't exist until Dark Vengeance? All us CSM players want is some way to add a little individuality to our army, something that separates us instead of just what colour we choose to paint our minis. The VOTLW supplement rumours gave us a little hope to personalise our army with legion suiting rules, but no, we (might) get this.

CSM players have been crying out for legion rules for 40K since they introduced them in codex 3.5. The Black Legion codex once again gave a little hope that they were planning to release a codex for each legion, but GW (maybe) waste time and resources on a Crimson Slaughter codex, when it could have been an Iron Warriors, World Eaters, Word Bearers, etc. one.

In an ideal world I would love to have a mini-dex for each legion. Nothing fancy, just one or two rules to represent how each legion wages war, maybe a couple of unique items or wargear. Please? I just want to be able to upgrade my Night Lords so that they all have fear, even if it would be useless against every loyalist marine army.

Címon GW, sort this out.
Yeah, I totally get where you're coming from and mostly agree with you. But what we want and what we get are two separate things (obviously, right?). I'll be uncharacteristically optimistic and say we may be pleasantly surprised by this codex/supplement, if it even exists.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode