Rumor: Imminent Crimson Slaughter Codex & Helbrute Release - Page 16 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-09-14, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

I suppose I'm going to withhold my ultimate judgments until I see the rules for myself, but I'm slightly disappointed with what I've read so far.

Feel free to think I'm a whiner and roll your eyes at me, because I'm sure I deserve it, but:

Divination: AWESOME, but... artifact to unlock a psychic table? So, we pay yet another tax? Does it only unlock Divination for one Sorcerer, or does taking the artifact unlock it for the whole army? I'd be fine with the latter, but I have a very strong feeling it's the former. Don't get me wrong, I'd pay it in a heartbeat because I love Divination, but it seems sort of... I dunno, lame, to need to. If more than 1 Sorc has access to Divination, I can see Crimson Slaughter replacing CSM as my Primary Detachment, but I'm just very skeptical that GW would give us that much Divination. I am dreaming of some very evil CSM/Daemon deathstars that will probably never see the light of day (which is probably a good thing we need less broken units, not more).

I guess if you were to compare the cost of bringing an allied detachment of Daemons with bringing a Tzherald with Divination, 25 points is a far cheaper tax. Also, a Sorcerer is waaaaay cooler, to be sure. So from that perspective, it's a great deal. I'd probably only be bringing 1 Tzherald anyway, so in the end I'd have more points and then not need the stupid unit of Pink Horrors that in ~5 games has yet to use a psychic power.

Possessed: I never use them, the changes are cool in theory, but I don't think I'll be buying any.

The AP3 kill-buffed weapon doesn't impress me, either. It's a neat idea, but 10 kills for a force weapon? Yes, there are other buffs along the way, but any number of things can go wrong that prevent you from even getting 1. A power sword is 15 points, so if this artifact is no more than 25 points I'd say it balances out. Perhaps my criticisms are a bit too negative about this item, but by the gods, PLEASE let there be more than 2 artifacts in the book.

Really, the big question I have is this: Do we have to pay a stupid tax for units in this book, like VotLW with Black Legion? Has that been answered in the rumors yet? Haven't seen anything about that yet.

Still very excited to see details about the (possible) Possessed Lord, the pretty pictures and read the fluff, and hopefully some cool artifacts aside from the 2 leaked so far.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 03-09-14 at 04:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 152 (permalink) Old 03-14-14, 07:11 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

I am personally going to take the divination sorc, but that's mainly because my typical CSM list has 10-16 heavy weapons in it on various platforms so any of the divination powers would be devastating in my force regardless of the initial cost of inclusion. Hell even 4 missile launchers that ignore cover is a god send for 25pts.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode