Codex Space Marines confirmations - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-28-08, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Default Codex Space Marines confirmations

There are all from Games Day Chicago. A shout out to BoLS for these nuggets of awe.

The codex is described as lavish, with a large color section, and clocking in at nearly 150 pages. Lets dive right into some of the details:

HQs
Master
Has well over 20 wargear options, and access to a once per game S:10 AP:1 Orbital Strike that is somewhat similar to the Witchhunter power.

Librarian
Leadership 10, and has an entire page of various powers to select from. Big news is the Psychic Hood which now has a range of 24" instead of infinite.

Master of the Forge
Access to the Conversion Beamer, an old-school Rogue Trader era weapon with a 72" range that grows more powerful the greater the distance to its targets. At its top end, it is S:10 AP:1 Small Blast.

Elites
Terminators
Available in squad sizes of 5-10. Stormshields for Assault Termys confirmed as 3+ invulnerable vs all attacks (assault and shooting).

Techmarines
Has a power allowing you to improve the cover save of a single piece of ruins in your deployment zone by +1. Access to the Thunderfire Cannon, which is artillery and has multiple fire modes based upon 4 small blast markers. One of the fire modes makes its target count as being in difficult ground next turn.

Honor Guard
These bad boys have access to "Relic blades" which are +2S powerweapons. Their squad leader is the "Company Champion" who is required to direct attacks vs enemy ICs if possible.

Troops
Tactical Squads
Available in 5-10 men. Squads of ten grant access to Flamer/Multimelta/Missile Launcher/Heavy Bolter for FREE. Squads less than 10 may not purchase any special or heavy weapons.

Scouts
WS/BS:3; the heavy bolter option has access to Hellfire rounds.

Land Speeder Storm
Scout transport land speeder nullifies enemy teleport homers and icons within 6". Enemy deepstrikers within 12" roll double scatter. Enemy units who are assualted from it are at -2 Leadership.

Combat Tactics
New marine special rule allows you to voluntarily fail any morale check for any unit in the army.

ICs
Shrike (Raven Guard)
Grants the entire army Fleet instead of Combat Tactics. He has rending lightning claws and Infiltrate.

Cantor (Crimson Fists)
Grants the entire army Stubborn instead of Combat Tactics. Sternguard Veterans count as scoring units.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-28-08, 08:20 PM

CrazyfrogXxX's Flag is: Europe

this sounds too much for me!!!! i only just finishd my spaz marine4 army OMG!! u spazzzz s!

He that may fight, heal him

He that may fight no more, give him peace

He that is dead, take from him the chapters due!

-Space marine codex pg 34

post #3 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-28-08, 08:33 PM

Well that sounds like good stuff
Although I'm wondering....have the Marines been nurfed in any department other then the Librarian hood? Otherwise we're gonna be rather tough comparied to everyone else

Canadish

(edit: Are the honour guards for the Ultramarines only or do we all get them now?)

post #4 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-28-08, 08:35 PM
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath of Khaine View Post
Big news is the Psychic Hood which now has a range of 24" instead of infinite.
That is fantastic news, stupid hoods!
post #5 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-28-08, 10:32 PM

leinad-yor's Flag is: USA

Shrike (Raven Guard)
Grants the entire army Fleet instead of Combat Tactics. He has rending lightning claws and Infiltrate.

OMG, I need more assault marines!!!
post #6 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-28-08, 11:45 PM
Must Paint MOAR!

Riandro's Flag is: United Kingdom

oh my god? a whole army having fleet... thats seriously over powered.....

but on a good note hoods are now 24"! im sure Galahad will be pleased, he hates those things.

Tea drinkers of the world - UNITE - The wise words of Red Orc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
Besides, sometimes you want a break from bolters and bretonians, and that's what penguin-tossing is for.
post #7 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-28-08, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riandro View Post
... hoods are now 24"! im sure Galahad will be pleased, he hates those things.
My thoughts exactly.

And I'm quite certain that anything that's good for Gal's blood-pressure is good for the rest of us too.

Except maybe Blood Ravens players.

Meh. Johnny-come-lately DoW bandwagon jumpers, who need them?

(Sorry sorry sorry sorry really didn't mean it!)

:wondering if he said sorry enough times cyclops:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #8 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-29-08, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Orc View Post

Except maybe Blood Ravens players.

Meh. Johnny-come-lately DoW bandwagon jumpers, who need them?

(Sorry sorry sorry sorry really didn't mean it!)

:wondering if he said sorry enough times cyclops:

OBJECTION!!!

I actually joined up with the Blood Ravens due to their interesting back story and history I'll have you know....so HA!

But in seriousness, I'm not too worried, I'm always fighting Tau...and we all know how good THEY are in the Psychic department...

Canadish
post #9 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-29-08, 12:11 AM

Chaos marine players: H-hey GW..can we have some of those nice CC upgrades? You know, to make us have some sort of feasible edge over loyalists?

GW: Who are you? Oh...you're those ultramarines with spikey bits on them. No. And any more complaints and we'll take ALL the options out!

Chaos marine players: B-but we don't...have...any realistic options anymore...what could you possibly take away?

GW: THAT'S IT! Next codex you guys don't even get a fuggen hq choice.

The honor guard squad has converted me. Hahahah. They filled the one soft spot in a marines CC defense(anti monstrous creature) and that +2S can...of course...just get them strong enough to dent dreadnoughts.
post #10 of 191 (permalink) Old 07-29-08, 02:07 AM

EndangeredHuman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Ooooh, *scratches head* my poor poor army list... Thank God I removed those flamers from my 5-man tac squads.. and what's the big deal with Scouts and hellfire rounds? So, full-fledged marines don't get the better weapons anymore? This makes my Tyrannic War Vet's a little less hardcore... Though my techmarine is no longer going to be laughted at, or be asked to be replaced by those damned termies!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode