Shieldwolf Miniatures Plastic Modular Orcs! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-14, 04:11 PM Thread Starter
Wargame News Blog's Flag is: Belgium

Default Shieldwolf Miniatures Plastic Modular Orcs!

Hi, not sure of these have already been covered on Heresy but Shieldwolf Miniatures has announced the launch of their plastic and modular heroic size orcs on the 17th of March. These miniatures look very suitable as alternatives for the Games Workshop savage orcs. The miniatures are available for pre-order for €25 for 20 orcs and the 500 first orders receive an added bonus. I have added some pictures in attachment. You can find some more information and pictures on my blog here

Kind regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mountain_Orcs_Cover_Artwork.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	959947297   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mountain-Orcs-Infantry-main-sprue-front-side.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	959947305   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mountain_Orcs_Infantry_front_view_by_Shieldwolf_Miniatures.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	959947313  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-14, 06:05 PM
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Wow, those mouths have really ruined them models.

They look AWFUL.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-14, 06:06 PM

Firewolf's Flag is: Scotland

>> Hmmm!! They look a bit "chaosy" imo. not saying they bad by any means, just the mouths look a bit teethy" if you get what I mean!

------------------------------------------------------
>> This is just an opinion. If you agree with it cool. If ye dont, its still cool.
>> Here I am and here shall I die.
+++ attributed to Leman Russ at the Battle of Rising Fell +++

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-14, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

They are indeed different but I quite like the look of them. You could also buy some seperate savage orc heads and glued them on those bodies.

Just compared some prices and you can buy 20 savage orc heads for around 7 + 25 for the Shieldwolf Miniatures orcs that would make 32 for twenty orcs (1,60 a piece) while 20 Savage Orcs would cost you 45,50 (2,28 a piece) If you buy the Shieldwolf orcs and assemble them with the heads they come with they only cost you 1,25 a piece.

I will write a review of the Shieldwolf Miniatures and will share my thought here for those interested in some cheap alternatives for GW.

Cheers
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-14, 10:35 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Its not always about price, that Sheildwolf sprue contains very little in the way of variety it has 35 elements altogether compared to GW 114 components which all most all are unique and also compatible with the vast majority of the Orc range, it also contains very little in the way of customization possibilities,it contains no bow or shields and by the looks of it insufficient spears to directly compete with the GW kit that its is supposed to be an alternative for. yes its cheaper but its also a far inferior kit when you look at whats in the box and thats without even mentioning the lack of Big Stabba!

I do wish indies would try to stop competing on price alone and start thinking about why despite GWs prices they remain number one? i will give you a clue ...Its the awesome miniatures ffs

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-14, 11:02 PM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Its not always about price, that Sheildwolf sprue contains very little in the way of variety it has 35 elements altogether compared to GW 114 components which all most all are unique and also compatible with the vast majority of the Orc range, it also contains very little in the way of customization possibilities,it contains no bow or shields and by the looks of it insufficient spears to directly compete with the GW kit that its is supposed to be an alternative for. yes its cheaper but its also a far inferior kit when you look at whats in the box and thats without even mentioning the lack of Big Stabba!

I do wish indies would try to stop competing on price alone and start thinking about why despite GWs prices they remain number one? i will give you a clue ...Its the awesome miniatures ffs
Could also have something to do with the fact that you can only use GW minis and parts in official games, right? Some people don't even like to proxy during a regular game because it isn't GW official, regardless of the quality. There are many awesome GW minis, and some pretty weak ones as well. People are also far less likely to even know of the existence of third party miniature manufacturers.

I really like these orcs. I think their teeth are great, too. Not sure they'd replace anything in a GW game, though, as those orks fit their personalities perfectly, rather than these warped/evil things. Hmm, it did say Savage Orks. I had to look them up, I guess they would work? Don't know WFB.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -

Last edited by venomlust; 02-28-14 at 12:45 AM.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-14, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the interesting comments.

@bitsandkits : I understand that the GW sets have much more parts but they are also more expensive per miniature. So if you're looking to bulk out an army you want numbers and no spare arms/weapons to fill up your personal bitsbox.
But it all comes down to personal taste in the end.

@venomlust : That could be a main reason for the GW sales as they organize most of the tournaments including those in their own shops. I also liked the teeth as they gave the orcs a meaner look compared to other orcs available. I even heard ideas of using them as zombie orcs!

Cheers
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-11-14, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

I have just finished an exclusive review of these miniatures which can be found here: http://wargameterrain.blogspot.be/20...-mountain.html

Cheers!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode