Another Potential 40k MMORPG - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-14, 10:36 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

WoW never required skill and the talent trees were never capable of doing 'unique' and still be viable at end game.

As to the ability of MMOs to survive, it boils down to how well they do the free to play model at this point.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-14, 11:25 PM
Rattlehead

Say what you like about World of Warcraft, I'm sure if you shout extra loud then Blizzard might hear you enough to turn up the sound on their solid gold stereo as they bathe in 50 notes.

WoW is successful, whether you think it is or not, and it dominates the MMORPG scene. Pretty much all other MMORPGs die within a very short span.

Added to the general trend is the footage of Eternal Crusade. It's Space Marine multiplayer with a big landscape, right down to the same silly running animation. Why would you play this instead of Space Marine?

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-14, 11:45 PM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
Why would you play this instead of Space Marine?
Well... I can play as various Chaos Legions. That's enough for me to give it a shot

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-24-14, 11:46 PM
ZOMGZOR CUSTOM USER TITLE

scscofield's Flag is: USA

I still play WoW, it is a good time waster. As to how well a MMO does, there is many of them that have been around for quite some time now using the F2P model. Are they as populated as WoW was? Nope, but WoW is not the bastion of invincible power it was before either. It has lost players to the point that it is merging servers now.

http://i.imgur.com/aPfHUHy.gif?1

post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-25-14, 12:45 AM Thread Starter
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Even the giants die eventually. I had plenty of fun with WoW. Took Blizzard a while to start implementing suggestions from the fans, but the game steadily improved over time. I regret all the time I wasted playing it, but those were fun days.

Any MMO I try nowadays, I usually don't play past the free month. There are only so many ways to make grinding feel like a unique experience from game to game.

Maybe this game will have something special that makes it worthwhile. I WANT it to play just like Space Marine, but with more options and better support.

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-25-14, 01:15 AM
Jeep's and Harley's

OIIIIIIO's Flag is: USA

I agree ... I loved Space Marine for the multiplayer, only completed the campaign to get some unlocks. Wish that they had more boards and better way of matching though. This could be a SM clone and if they give it support, I will buy it.
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-25-14, 09:41 AM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

I hate when they close down projects only to be boughten out under new management and given shitty ass names. "Dark Millenium," was a great name, not this "Eternal Crusade" garbage. Anyway still looks cool, cannot wait for the release.

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 07:09 AM

Znoz's Flag is: Latvia

SM online :<

What? Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 08:46 AM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

I'm looking forward to seeing gameplay of them using orcs or even elder, looks cool what they showed us but tbh we all seen it before in space marine, they need to show something new and exciting and 2 new playable races would be in my opinion
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 01-26-14, 09:06 PM

I was underwhelmed by the footage and concept. I would like to get back into an MMORPG at some point, but it would have to have a subscription to remove pay to win aspects, SOE or EA couldn't be involved, and the game would actually have to be something new playstyle-wise.

Wife: "How much do you have invested in these ... miniatures?"

Me: "I don't think invested is the right word."

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode