White Dwarf magazine now weekly - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 02:46 PM
driller's Flag is: Hungary

Games Workshop... A company led by stupid idiots.

This is... aaaah, these people do not deserve their jobs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 115 (permalink) Old 01-31-14, 03:01 PM

SwedeMarine's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by revilo44 View Post
The Cover of the new white dwarf

Am i the only one thats actually really bothered by the fact that they said Dwarfen instead of Dwarven? I would've chalked it up to rumors originally but the same cover is now on GW website. Really? Dwarfs? or is this one of those British English vs American English nuances that comes around once in a while?

Check out my Sentinels of Terra/ CSM Plog
Sentinels of Terra/Rot Bringers CSM PLOG
W:9 D:2 L:5

Last edited by SwedeMarine; 01-31-14 at 04:10 PM.
post #63 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-01-14, 04:18 PM

Nope it's Dwarven in the UK too, it just goes to show They spent so little time and effort on this they didn't spellcheck their work.

Look see I'm so angry at this pile of garbage I signed up just to moan a bit.

post #64 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-01-14, 05:42 PM

LokiDeathclaw's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well after seeing the vid on You tube I can definitely say I wont be buying either white dwarf weekly (as I have no interest in dwarfs) or the heap of crap that is warhammer visions......£7.50 for a picture book mainly full of nids? No thank you

Loki Deathclaw's Great Company-https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?t=126454

High Elves Plog- Caledor Warhost-https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...d.php?t=154490
post #65 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-01-14, 05:59 PM

tirnaog's Flag is: USA

Can you get the Weekly one in an electronic form?
No ipad version?

Last edited by tirnaog; 02-01-14 at 06:21 PM.
post #66 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-01-14, 06:36 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

The White Dwarf weekly was meh, hardly worth it although the fact that there were rules in it was a positive sign.

Warhammer: Visions was dreadful. Don‘t touch it with a long stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirnaog View Post
Can you get the Weekly one in an electronic form?
No ipad version?
Available in iBooks, but not in the Newsstand, because hey, why the hell would you put magazine into the newsstand instead of the bookstore?

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #67 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-01-14, 08:54 PM

Lanfear's Flag is: Scotland

I have been reading and buying white dwarf for a long time, back in 1990 I started reading it in fact. I have followed it through good and bad times and some pretty awful times but I have stuck with it.

This I'm afraid is the final straw. I am still a fan of GW games and models and do not tend to moan too much in general but this is atrocious. I got my copies of Warhammer visions and the 'new' white dwarf today in the mail as I am a subscriber.

I probably don't need to labour the point as it has already been said. Warhammer visions is astonishing in its lack of meaningful content. It is absolutely unbelievable that the White Dwarf team presumably sat round a meeting table and came up with this idea and they all agreed it would be good.
Nothing more than a collection of pictures, granted they are very glossy and well taken but that is all it is. There is a very small description in three languages accompanying most of them but that is it. Blan shit su is crap and shows a warband of 4 models.
The battle report, if that is what you could call it, is a not even a half hearted attempt at showing what is in the pretty pictures. Again, utter crap!!

Pretty much the whole thing is dominated repeatedly by Tyranid models that we have seen over and over again from different angles.

What are they thinking? £7.50 for some pictures. Utter vacuous drivel with no depth. We all like a decent picture or two depicting drama and action scenes from our games as well as well painted miniatures but this is ridiculous.

The weekly white dwarf is thin and sad. It was read cover to cover in about half an hour. For me, £2.40 for that level of poor writing and lack of substance is just awful.

I am saddened that it has come to this but it looks like the subscription will not be renewed. It is almost insulting to expect discerning persons to consume this drivel.

Maybe I'm just getting old and have been at this toy soldiers hobby for too long or maybe they are aiming at a new target audience of illiterates who just like looking at pictures.

Last edited by Lanfear; 02-02-14 at 08:34 PM.
post #68 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-01-14, 11:12 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Spoke to a friend in a South Wales store today (purposely vague here), sales are good on the mags today but feedback is almost unanimously poor

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #69 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-02-14, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
Spoke to a friend in a South Wales store today (purposely vague here), sales are good on the mags today but feedback is almost unanimously poor
Hey maybe they will fix it.........sorry couldn't keep a straight face. This is why I never subscribe to anything.
post #70 of 115 (permalink) Old 02-02-14, 01:52 AM
serphangel's Flag is: England

Well I was disapointed when I didn't get my annual subscription for xmas this year and grumbled all the way round the supermarket in Jan where I bought the last ever copy of White Dwarf. Seeing the reviews on the new releases I am glad that I didn't get the subscription now. Visions looks like a gigantic pile of turd and unfortunately I am not willing to drive a 24 mile round trip potentially to buy just a small mag. If I make that effort to drag my carcass to GW to spend my money I think I would rather buy a pot of paint that I need, or a brush or lunch.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode