Forgeworld red butchers + lots of other new stuff - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-14, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands

But what do you guys think of the rest of the releases to come? Those are way more interesting IMHO. Mechanicus stuff looks great and the mk2 and mk3 command squads are both very tempting to me at the moment. I did sneak the link in at the bottom of the post: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Download...Cat-Supweb.pdf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-10-14, 10:39 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

ENEMIES OF THE IMPERIUM!
You'll have to whine louder, we can't hear you over the sound of all our new releases.

Seriously, the HH was cool and all, when it was interspersed with other armies toys, but my god would it kill FW to release something for Xenos in between all this 30k junk?

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-11-14, 12:23 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

That Mechanicus stuff made me feel all warm and fuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."

post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-11-14, 01:30 PM

Logaan's Flag is: England

I think those poses are referred to as the 'drunken windmill outside a nightclub'

The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-11-14, 01:37 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logaan View Post
'drunken windmill outside a nightclub'
Could well be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-11-14, 02:22 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Son of Horus View Post
Hm. I love these! I think the poses are great, but they need to be up on some basing material and on piles of corpses to look right. Just glued to the base they look a little flat. Even just a little rock will do, as with this guy:

I will once again go sit in my corner and lament the Sons of Horus not getting awesome kits like this. All the Sons of Horus have gotten for their special units are lame third-party-looking conversion kits...
The Reaver Squads are pretty cool, but Justaerin are too overpriced to even consider using. Dreadclaws don't even have models yet.

Red Butchers on the other hand are pretty ninja ruleswise. And the models are fairly cool; I just, yeh, poses.

Red Butchers are fairly awesome shock troops, but are expensive; unlike many other Legion Terminator Squads, they NEVER be scoring units. Their WS5 with Hatred is cool, but is outweighed by the fact all enemies hit them on 3+ along with striking at I1 due to PAxes, which is slightly evened up by 2 wounds, 4++ Cataphractii and FNP, along with rerolling failed charge distances. They have no anti-armour outside of the Devoured (Sergeant) equipped with a PFist/Chainfist/THammer. However, Cataphractii's improved save on a melee only unit is terrible; they cannot Run to close the distance.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will

Last edited by Vaz; 01-11-14 at 02:32 PM.
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-14, 02:14 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
The Reaver Squads are pretty cool, but Justaerin are too overpriced to even consider using. Dreadclaws don't even have models yet.

Red Butchers on the other hand are pretty ninja ruleswise. And the models are fairly cool; I just, yeh, poses.

Red Butchers are fairly awesome shock troops, but are expensive; unlike many other Legion Terminator Squads, they NEVER be scoring units. Their WS5 with Hatred is cool, but is outweighed by the fact all enemies hit them on 3+ along with striking at I1 due to PAxes, which is slightly evened up by 2 wounds, 4++ Cataphractii and FNP, along with rerolling failed charge distances. They have no anti-armour outside of the Devoured (Sergeant) equipped with a PFist/Chainfist/THammer. However, Cataphractii's improved save on a melee only unit is terrible; they cannot Run to close the distance.
For me, the fact that the Reaver squads look kinda like bad third party "for use with 40k" models is what annoys me. I love the Justaerin models, and I'd probably just use the models as regular Legion Terminators. The Sons of Horus, rules-wise, are great, and I have no complaints. All the Legions seem to have one good unique unit and one that's strictly meh, so I don't mind the Justaerin not being points-efficient. I'm more concerned with the models themselves, rather than their performance on the tabletop. I'm very much a hobbyist first, and a gamer second. Or maybe even third... I love the game, don't get me wrong, but how a model performs on the tabletop is maybe the third thing I worry about. My pecking order really is "Is the model cool?" followed by "Is the background for this kind of unit, what they do in the army organizationally, etc, interesting?" and then finally by whether or not it's good in the game.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-14, 08:08 PM

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

Saw this on Facebook and just had to share it.
Sorry, but I just can't take them poses seriously at all now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flowers.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	959942793
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-12-14, 08:18 PM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofVulkan View Post
Saw this on Facebook and just had to share it.
Sorry, but I just can't take them poses seriously at all now.

Attachment 959942793
Lulz!

Im not stoked by herpy mcderp and their poses either, but then again its (yet again) Khorne stuff so who cares
Most of the FW releases are good, however they had to fail with something sooner or later them too, and thats done now so the next should look nice again

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-13-14, 12:06 AM

Would it kill FW to release T-Sons i am so sick to death of World Eaters.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode