Warhammer 40k 7th Edition coming 2014?!?! - Page 7 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-05-14, 05:06 AM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Couldn't care less, my group has decided to stick with 6th forever, so... Whoop de doo

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-05-14, 03:01 PM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon Dan View Post
Good. Had to make sure you were still sane. I'd hate to have to put you down.
No no the men in white coats said I was perfectly fine as long as I take two of the red pills a day and three greens every other day, but not to mix up the red with salmon colored pills I have to take five of once a week otherwise I'd be prone to homicidal outbursts. I'm quite alright
post #63 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-06-14, 04:04 PM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
The next edition of 40k will be called Kanye, not 7 or 6.5 when it drops, but as far as rules go it will be less of a jump than 5th to 6th but more of a jump then 2nd to 5th.
The key areas being updated: Lederhosen, skype battles, fornication during gameplay rules, pre-cognitive allowances, allies and turns.

As for its release it'll probably be next week, or the week after that, ad infinitum.

It's already finished but they have decided to change everything,
it’s not being tested as they decided after playing Skyrim that there is no point.

The thought behind this edition is to make the game less confusing and less understandable at all points values (even when including the new all space marines are 1 point rule).

The main changes with this edition see everything change, except the bits that don’t.
Sweeping advances are gone and have been replaced with swooping advances, turns have completely gone as they were deemed unrealistic, now players turns happen at exactly the same time except for when playing in a narrow corridor, shooting is resolved with the newest codex winning.
I hope this holds true

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad

post #64 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-08-14, 04:50 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
I've had stuff pulled from an order due to being currently out of stock and being told when it'll be in-stock in the future. It's not too common they fall behind on keeping the stock up, but they do now and then so I personally give this some merit, even if I don't know how well it relates to the rumor at hand.
Spoke to customer services today as I ordered a few things for my nephews birthday as the order went a bit "weird" and they said the rule book is still selling as normal...........

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #65 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-09-14, 07:43 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Haven't even played 6th yet, for fuck's sake.

The Website kept telling me that my profile was only 80% complete without creating a signature. Ain't no website going to tell me I was a lazy shit, no sir.
post #66 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-10-14, 01:12 AM

Spoke to a local indie yesty and i wanted to know had he heard the rumours of 7th ed being released this year and he said it would make sense as 6th was a pile of croc shit from the begining.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.
post #67 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-10-14, 08:06 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achaylus72 View Post
he said it would make sense as 6th was a pile of croc shit from the begining.
Yeah, that's a personal opinion from a store clerk which doesn't really add anything to the topic. Just because he owns a store, doesn't mean his personal opinion about a set of rules confirms anything said in this topic.
post #68 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-13-14, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicus View Post
Yeah, that's a personal opinion from a store clerk which doesn't really add anything to the topic. Just because he owns a store, doesn't mean his personal opinion about a set of rules confirms anything said in this topic.
You see the bloke is also one of the most serious gamers i have ever seen and he competes four or five times a week and if he says it is a pile of croc shit, then it is croc shit.

I just collect, so replacing 6th with 7th so quickly doesn't affect me.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.
post #69 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-13-14, 07:32 AM

tu_shan82's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
You see the bloke is also one of the most serious gamers i have ever seen and he competes four or five times a week and if he says it is a pile of croc shit, then it is croc shit.

I just collect, so replacing 6th with 7th so quickly doesn't affect me.
If he is a competitive player then that is the reason he finds it to be shit. 40k ids designed for the beer and pretzels gamer and has been for a very long time. While I do sympathize with the guy, not being able to play the game in his preferred fashion, I disagree whole heatedly because IO game for fun and the whole cut throat, win at all costs, ultra competitive tournament style of play he finds fun I can't stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
We don't need to use any military force to defeat the imperium, we'll just send GW legal at them. As soon as they see the first sign of a thunderhawk gunship, their IP infringement addled brains will go into meltdown - they'll smash everything out of the sky with cease and desist letters.
post #70 of 70 (permalink) Old 01-13-14, 08:30 AM
Herald of The Warp

Nordicus's Flag is: Denmark

Quote:
I have no doubt he is a talented player, who knows the rules inside and out. That I do not question.

However, my point still stands - It's still a case of a friend who doesn't like the rules. It does not contribute to the rumor, the release or anything of the sort. It's simply a statement that he would like to have them updated.

Beyond that, I agree with @tu_shan82 in regards to the competitive environment and how one plays the game.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode