Warhammer 40k 7th Edition coming 2014?!?! - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-28-13, 10:45 AM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

More I think about it this would be a huge undertaking - as the rules evolve, the codex's would also need to keep pace - so it follows living codex's would also need to happen?

I am the White Knight!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-28-13, 11:14 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Wow,
waiting for the next rumour that says they are converging the 40k and Fantasy rulesets as well as making staff wear fake moustaches and eye patches.......

The idea of a living, evolving ruleset sounds more plausible but at this point in 40k it does again sound like the result of pissed people

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIIIIIIO View Post
3570 Dueber ... need more? Call me ... 867-5309 ....
Wow, not the best sex line I must say

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #23 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-28-13, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
Those are not enough changes to warrant disruption of a set cycle in the game writing sequence.

Yes, certain changes may be introduced. However, whoever is writing this stuff has *no* idea how the Studio works if they think this will happen next year, and be part of a release of 7th. The more 'details' I read, the more I am convinced this person has no knowledge or experience of the process (said as someone with a decade of it).

I still call bobbins on this
None of these rumours ever looked like anything but feverish wish-listing to me either.

And then there's other people advocating "Living rule sets" as the future. I guess that's a bit more likely but it will ultimately depend on the commercial reception of this dataslate month and the digital codex rush. If marketing and stockholders decide it worked, it might just be the new direction GW is going to take, since we're pretty sure that some big change is going on, even if we don't know the details.

Also, with the exception of Skyfire and Interceptor giving the ability to shoot at both ground and air targets at full BS, the abilities are already separate and independent from each other, whomever is passing this silly wish-listing as "rumours" sounds just like a butthurt player that doesn't even bother reading the rules.

post #24 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-28-13, 01:50 PM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheeviltwin View Post
Fantasy is in a great place right now, I haven't been able to get back into fantasy since 3ed. 8th is great....
Each to their own mate.
I for one have enjoyed the positioning game that was the staple of WHFB from 4th (where I started) to 7th edition.
8th to me is like playing yatzy, but with models that you need to build and paint too before you can go into brainless dice rolling. There is no control any more, just random charge mayhem that can, and will, send the game any direction at any time. Random charges kills the game dead for me

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
post #25 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-29-13, 04:57 AM Thread Starter
Apathetic Megalomaniac

Geist's Flag is: USA

I am taking way too much pleasure from this 7th edition cluster**** than I should be. Here's a few more rumors to feed the flames.

Quote:
Originally Posted by an anonymous source from the Faeit 212 inbox
There will be no 7th edition or 6,5 edition of Warhammer 40k during the summer of 2014. The Games Workshop team isn't interested in compiling the existing rulestets yet, since the edition is not over yet. In fact, our distributor (the main distributor ) received news that the WHFB 9ed is indeed coming this year - he didn't mention when exactly. So 40k fans don't keep your hopes up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40k Radio
https://www.facebook.com/pages/40K-R...47396461962884
According to an article on BoLS you need to "read between the lines" of my last post. For them I will make it really simple:

It is a RUMOR if we haven't seen the book/models yet.
It is a FACT if we have seen it.

That is why were are saying 7th Edtion is a RUMOR at this point.

we were asked to hold off on giving out this info for a couple months and then we were given permission to give it out. As far as WHFB goes, it is not getting shelved but from what we heard 9th Edition was not up to par and was pushed back. If you read on the GD Digital site they pretty much said the new digital WHFB rules will not be out dated this year. I love WHFB and so does the Chiller. There are things that need to be fixed but it isn't a bad ruleset by any measure. If GW is curious as to why it isn't as popular then take a look at the cost associated and how daunting it can be to build and paint a WHFB army. In Fantasy quite often bigger is better and your core troops usually require 3 boxes or more per unit. 40k also has a significantly more exciting story line.

I really hope that IF the rumor is true it is cleaning up some rules while adding in the stuff like Escalation and Stronghold Assault. Both have their place in the game. I know guys like Alec Peters have quite and impressive collection of super heavies and it is only right that they should be able to use them more frequently. Kyle has all of the new fortification set built and painted and we are super pumped up to use them in games. While we wont use Escalation or Stronghold assault in every game it is nice to have those available for the right situation.

post #26 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-29-13, 08:05 AM
visit roleplay threads!

unxpekted22's Flag is: USA

If we actually get a 6th edition codex for each army then I will probably just play 6th edition forever, since I just play for fun now anyway.

I am happy with 6th for the most part, enough to not spend more money on another new wave of 40k yet, at least.

You can never be prepared for the unexpected

post #27 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-29-13, 01:28 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

"If you read on the GD Digital site they pretty much said the new digital WHFB rules will not be out dated this year."

Still 2013 guys. Still 2013...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #28 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-29-13, 03:25 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
If you believe this rumour please forward your address so I can do the human race a favour and take you out into an arctic blizzard, remove your pyjamas, and just leave you to it.............
Mildly aroused by this.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #29 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-29-13, 04:31 PM

psactionman's Flag is: USA

I have long been asking for pistols in close combat. Though I don't believe this will actually happen, if they add that to 6th edition rules I'm happy.
post #30 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-29-13, 07:49 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
Mildly aroused by this.....
I wish I could say I was surprised by this

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode