Warhammer 40k 7th Edition coming 2014?!?! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-27-13, 12:49 AM

Shas'Ui's Flag is: USA

Already?! But I just got here!!!

01000110011011110111001000100000011101000110100001 10010100100000011001110111001001100101011000010111 01000110010101110010001000000110011101101111011011 110110010000100001
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-27-13, 10:05 PM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

I could see merits in a 7th, that would mean a new CSM codex which might be fun unlike the current one!

In all seriousness though I cant imagine this holding water better then the sinking ship that is WHFB right now. WHFB is in desperate need of an overhaul, 40k isnt nearly as much.

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
post #13 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-28-13, 01:07 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Someone really needs to find the source and slap them silly as they are three months early for the laziest joke of a rumour.

If you believe this rumour please forward your address so I can do the human race a favour and take you out into an arctic blizzard, remove your pyjamas, and just leave you to it.............

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

post #14 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-28-13, 01:36 AM

Wait 6th ed came out in 2012 right? so 2 years in between editions that seems REALLY rushed if true.
post #15 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-28-13, 02:32 AM
Jeep's and Harley's

OIIIIIIO's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
Someone really needs to find the source and slap them silly as they are three months early for the laziest joke of a rumour.

If you believe this rumour please forward your address so I can do the human race a favour and take you out into an arctic blizzard, remove your pyjamas, and just leave you to it.............
3570 Dueber ... need more? Call me ... 867-5309 ....
post #16 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-28-13, 05:12 AM

iamtheeviltwin's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaidenManiac View Post
In all seriousness though I cant imagine this holding water better then the sinking ship that is WHFB right now. WHFB is in desperate need of an overhaul, 40k isnt nearly as much.
Fantasy is in a great place right now, I haven't been able to get back into fantasy since 3ed. 8th is great.

As for the main rumor...like others have said, I could see a revised 6ed come out with all the current rules rolled into one. Whether this is "7th" or "6.5" there will not be a major rules change.

Servants of the Laughing God (Harlequin Themed Eldar Army)
First Eastern Mirage Corps (C:SM)
I am the Evil Project Log (All my work since restarting the hobby)
The Crusade of Morr (WFB Empire Battle Reports)
Dem Bones (Dice Rolling Program)
post #17 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-28-13, 09:12 AM
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

Some more (to me false looking) rumors
Quote:
l

Please remember that these are rumors, but come from a very solid long time source. If you have missed previous rumors regarding 7th edition, follow the links
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/12/7...0k-not-65.html
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/12/4...ntasy-9th.html

Please lets construct the comments in a positive manner to discuss these possible rules, areas of contention, and how these can help us move forward to help impact the future of our game.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
So, here's the breakdown for areas of interest as they stand.

Interceptor is being unhooked from skyfire

Skyfire lets targets shoot at Flyers at full BS, but ground targets only as snapfire.

Interceptor lets you shoot enemy reserves at the end of the enemy's movement phase.

They will no longer interact and let a target hit both ground and flying units with full BS.

A new universal rule will be introduced to be combo'd with skyfire to represent co-axle weapons.

Interceptor being slightly re-arranged. Units will need to Nominate that they will be intercepting during their own shooting phase, in order to be eligible to use the rule in the subsequent enemy turn. If they then use interceptor, they will still be unable to shoot in their following shooting phase, but can nominate to intercept again.

Right now interceptor is seen by the team as being too strong, and a no-drawback decision. i.e. you shoot with it, if your opponent brings in reserves you get free shooting. If they don't bring on reserves you act normally next turn.

This flip will make it so that a tactical employment of interceptor (with a bit of gambling) will need to be employed. Smart generals may manipulate reserve rolls to delay reserves while an opponent is set to intercept, getting away with not being shot and then not presenting targets or they may bring their units on wholesale after forcing an opponent to shoot at their already-present units for whatever reason, thus denying them the option to intercept.

This was an original thought for 6th, but was cut because it was seen as "too much to keep track of," but now with tokens and markers being so prevalent it should see its way back in.

Character models with pistols will be able to make one attack using their pistol in Close Combat instead of the usual +1 attack if they want (they may always just use it as +1).

This may be opened up to all models or just models that are actively taking advantage of gunslinger (making all their attacks use pistols), but right now it's seen as something that "slows the game down."

The new rules for fortifications will be in the big book (in so far as how building damage, occupation etc)

The new rules for lords of war will be in the big book (but may see changes to D weapons).

More rules are there for if only one player takes a LoW, representing either the player with it having to use such a devastating weapon because of a critically important mission, or that the LoW is the objective itself for the team without it (i.e. destroying a titan is the basis for some campaigns in the fluff, let alone missions).

Dataslates will be in the new book, but are going to be modified. They will still be self contained, but will most likely occupy the ally slot, or if nothing else, lock your ally to being that book.

i.e. if you take a tau dataslate, you can only take tau as allies.

The big words on the board are still "Let people take what they want and play with what they want" but it's being counter balanced with making it fair, competitive and within reasonable limits of the fluff.

I know that the original intention of letting people pick up 1 HQ and a unit for a new army and adding it to an existing force for a fresh alternative / marketing incentive to start a new army has been received as a relative "failure" by the developers and the consensus is that allies feel mandatory in order to play competitively, even outside of the WAAC combos that exist. So this is the biggest area of contention.

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444
post #18 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-28-13, 09:18 AM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Those are not enough changes to warrant disruption of a set cycle in the game writing sequence.

Yes, certain changes may be introduced. However, whoever is writing this stuff has *no* idea how the Studio works if they think this will happen next year, and be part of a release of 7th. The more 'details' I read, the more I am convinced this person has no knowledge or experience of the process (said as someone with a decade of it).

I still call bobbins on this

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #19 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-28-13, 09:51 AM

tu_shan82's Flag is: Australia

Just read this over at BoLS, if true I would be rather happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
We don't need to use any military force to defeat the imperium, we'll just send GW legal at them. As soon as they see the first sign of a thunderhawk gunship, their IP infringement addled brains will go into meltdown - they'll smash everything out of the sky with cease and desist letters.
post #20 of 70 (permalink) Old 12-28-13, 10:38 AM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah - an evolving rule set makes much more sense in this day and age. GW seems to think everyone owns an Ipad (and they probably will by the end of next year) so this would be quite easy to do with downloads etc. Charging £20 every 4 months for an update would make good commercial sense and the people will pay for it - why make £60 every 5 years on one release when you can milk that out of folks every year or so?

However I am hoping for a 7th edition personally as I can't stand this current rule set.

I am the White Knight!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode