Tabletop Workshop - New 28mm Castle - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-03-13, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
just out of pure interest, how are you going to tackle the curved walls on the bastion towers? i imagine it would require quite a deep tool to do it length ways? or are you going with rings that you stack?
If you go to the pre-order page on our website - www.tabletopworkshop.co.uk you will see break downs of each castle module, and if you look on the round tower page you will see that the rings are made up of 60 degree segments which interlock with a base to form a ring. These rings are stackable allowing access to the inside, and for taller or shorter towers to be used.
The 60 degree segments allow you to put arrow slits, plain wall segments, and/or wall joining pieces in different positions on the ring.
AND, detailed inside as well as out, AND has a spiral staircase in each level.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-03-13, 07:37 AM

neferhet's Flag is: Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabletop Boss View Post
We will be doing a bit of 3D printing to test the designs before cutting steel, and we may show those at some point.
That would be great, thanks :D

The Legion of Perfects Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
The calls of Slaneesh stir so deeply within me, as if I was birthed from the very essence of it. For my ambition to infinitely ascend above all is never ending, like fire within it burns me to ever cindering ash. Lord of light and ascension is who I am, realities burn to ash at my very passing. My luminescence is unparalleled for I am luminosity itself, all light is but a shadow of my silhouette
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-03-13, 07:48 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
If you go to the pre-order page on our website - www.tabletopworkshop.co.uk you will see break downs of each castle module, and if you look on the round tower page you will see that the rings are made up of 60 degree segments which interlock with a base to form a ring. These rings are stackable allowing access to the inside, and for taller or shorter towers to be used.
The 60 degree segments allow you to put arrow slits, plain wall segments, and/or wall joining pieces in different positions on the ring.
AND, detailed inside as well as out, AND has a spiral staircase in each level.
I have to say thats very impressive, i tip my hat to the designer, cant wait to see these in the flesh(well plastic)

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-06-13, 06:38 PM

We have posted some pics of the painted up 3D printed wall on our website and on our facebook page - they look smart, so please pop along and have a look
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-06-13, 06:44 PM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Quote:
We will be doing a bit of 3D printing to test the designs before cutting steel, and we may show those at some point.
Well we'd be more than happy to see them

This looks like it would fit beautifully with Warhammer Fantasy Battle and Warmahordes!
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-06-13, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig Cymry View Post
Well we'd be more than happy to see them

This looks like it would fit beautifully with Warhammer Fantasy Battle and Warmahordes!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6999981&type=1

Some more on our website pages as well

We are even doing an assembly video as the moment.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-11-13, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Default Update from Tabletop Workshop

Thanks for all of the positive feedback so far. So far the castles are selling steadily, however we know we can do better. If you look on our website at http://www.tabletopworkshop.co.uk/pre-order-castle.html we have tweaked a few things in the last couple of days.

We appreciate that at this time of year, it may be difficult to pay for a massive kit like this in full. For this reason, we've announced details of a deposit scheme. As long as you've deposited £50 before the sale has ended, you'll still be entitled to the same cut-price offer and can pay the rest when you like. All that we ask is that your castle is paid for in full by February 28th. We now also have gift vouchers available so that you or friends and family can use them as part of the castle pre-order or on other items in our online store.

That's not all. As a thank you to those of you who've paid for a castle in full before the new year, we're offering a great three tier reward scheme. Rewards will run up all the way to New Years Eve and the earlier you purchase, the better the reward. To get the ball rolling. Those who've paid for their castle in full before midnight on the Wednesday 18th December will recieve the fantastic Gold Reward. This exclusive offer will allow them 50% off ALL of their Tabletop Workshop purchases in 2014. Details of all our rewards can be found on our website. Of course, this is an addition to the massive discount you already get with the pre-order scheme and the amazing stretch goals you get free depending on sales. Merry Christmas!
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-13-13, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

In fact, this morning we reached our first stretch goal. A staircase for the castle wall is now available!

http://www.tabletopworkshop.co.uk/stretch_goal_25.html

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-13-13, 11:24 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

I am glad this project is progressing well. I have no need of a castle (not really a Fantasy player), but I do like some of the smaller building you do.

Best of luck with the project it is looking impressive.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-13-13, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks humakt,
Great feedback is always appreciated even if like you said, you have no need for the product. It lets us know we're doing something right. There are a lot of people on some of these forums that let us know when we're doing wrong. Hopefully, we'll be able to get something out that's up your street in the future!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode