Codex: Imperial Guard Rumors (Updated 08NOV13) - Page 41 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #401 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 03:37 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen4e View Post
The interesting news is that you can now put a tank commander with your tank squadron, which costs 30 points and then the squadron counts as a HQ choice. Also he has BS 4 and can issue some orders, which in my opinion are not much interesting, although usable. For further point cost, you can upgrade this commander to Pask, who gives your tanks some nice additional rules (like rending for the punisher), but it seems to me that then the price gets way too high for what it does.
In addition, the Tank Commander is in a Leman Russ, with two additional Leman Russ', that lurk in your HQ Force Org. This just provides more Leman Russ' availability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #402 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 03:38 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Words_of_Truth View Post
Is that new stat sheet about deathstrike missiles being apocalyptic blast correct?
Yes, it's a fixed 10" blast instead of a variable one of 8-12".
post #403 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 04:57 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Forgive me if I'm repeating something from the 40 pages of this thread.

Anyone else with the book notice right at the beginning there's a tree of what comprises 'The Shield of Humanity', and in the tree under Astra Militarum there comes:

Militarum Vendorum
Militarum Ordinatus
Militarum Auxilla
Militarum Tempestus
Militarum Regimentos

One of these things we have a codex for. Care to speculate if there will be four other possible codices that relate to these factions of the Astra Militarum?

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP

Last edited by ntaw; 04-13-14 at 04:59 PM.

post #404 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 05:41 PM

The Irish Commissar's Flag is: Ireland

Vendorum means vendor: a person or company offering something for sale, especially a trader in the street. So im guessing the munistorum that supply the guard with their ammo and stuff. Ordinatus means: arranged, ordained, orderly, ordinate, regular, systematic, systematical. No clue really what that's supposed to be. Auxilla means: small pot for cooking/preserving). So the imperial guard cooks more then likey that have been mentioned in the novels as been attached to regiments. And Regimentos jsut means regiment.

6th Edition. 7th Edition

Eldar. Eldar
W14-D1-L4. W2-D0-L0

Imperial guard
W3-D2-L1

Space marine's
W0-D0-L0
post #405 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 06:20 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Vendorum would be the supplies, logistics and quartermasters

Ordinatus would be artillery ordnance (that's where they hid them!!!!, for now)

Auxilla would be the auxillary guard - conscripts, penal legion and the TA style guard

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #406 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 06:34 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
Ordinatus would be artillery ordnance (that's where they hid them!!!!, for now)
That's what I was hoping, and I don't even have tanks without rules.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #407 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-13-14, 10:16 PM

Straken's_Fist's Flag is: South Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen4e View Post
It sure is, but I don't think death strike missiles were ever playable elsewhere than apocalypse.

Anyway I've got the codex yesterday and here are my first impressions:

1) Let's start with the tanks. While the Leman Russ tanks haven't changed much, their price decreased a lot. The only change I've noticed is that Executioner now gets hot, which is perfectly fine by me due to its massive price decrease. (Remember: it used to be the most expensive IG tank.)
The interesting news is that you can now put a tank commander with your tank squadron, which costs 30 points and then the squadron counts as a HQ choice. Also he has BS 4 and can issue some orders, which in my opinion are not much interesting, although usable. For further point cost, you can upgrade this commander to Pask, who gives your tanks some nice additional rules (like rending for the punisher), but it seems to me that then the price gets way too high for what it does.
With its reduced cost, Vanquisher might become a bit more useful in antitank hunts, since even when you give it a lascanon it is still cheaper than regular Leman Russ. Anyway this is just my opinion that needs to be tested on the field.

2) Let's continue with the artillery. Several artillery guns were removed. We no longer have collosi, griffons and medusas, but we get a thing called wywern, which seems to me has similar functionality as a thunderfire canon: killing GeQ units hiding in cover. Mantichore costs ten points more and its rules remain more or less the same. No change has been made to basilisk which, while I may be a minority on this forum, I like. Cheaper than Leman Russ, but does the same amount of damage, however is a barrage weapon, which is a big plus for me.

3)Finally I'll finish with the infantry.

Platoon system is pretty much the same and no major changes occurred. Some shift in prices here and there, but overall they remain pretty much the same.

Veterans decreased in price as well as their doctrines have. Now I think that carapace armor become much more viable as a choice for them, since with this doctrine now they'll cost only 75 points. I don't like however the fact, that the new chimeras have only two firing posts, which means, that only 2 out of your three special weapons will be able to shoot. You'll get 6 lasguns mounted on the chimeras, that shoot at BS 3, but who cares about them, when shooting with meltas on a vehicle :/

Militarum Tempestus are now cheaper than the old stormtroopers and while their hotshot lasguns are still S3, they can get FRSRF order, which IMO compensates for it pretty well. Just look at the stats: When shooting for instance 2 shots at MeQ with S4, in average one shot (1/2*2) kills. With 3 shots, of S3 in average one shot(1/3*3) kills as well. For those that remain skeptical, I'd like to point out that you can take a command squad in the same slot as your tempestus troops, which means you have an officer that you can dedicate to giving orders to your tempestus units.

New order system seem pretty fun. A major change I see is that the officer no longer has to have a line of sight when ordering bring it down, or fire on my target. You also have some new nice shooting orders, like split fire, or precision shots.

There are also some new melee oriented ogryns called bullgryns, which could be fun to play especially with priests attached to their squads, but I can't really tell how viable they'll be.
Yeah a good analysis there.

Man, totally missed that the Tank Commander or Pask makes them HQ choices...So you can actually have x12 Leman Russ' per Primary Detachment...GW really want us to buy Russ's don't they? lol With the points decreases and that.

I think I might take x2 squads of Wyrdvane behind a squadron of Punishers and a Squadron of Executioners (both with heavy bolter sponsons), and cast prescience on them, for the re-rolls to hit. Then have Straken with a Company Command Squad inbetween x2 blobs of x30 infantry with flamers and autocannons, each with a commissar and a priest infront. Then a PCS in a vendetta with flamers. And another PCS with plasma guns and an attached Primaris Psyker in a Chimera, for re-rolls to hit via Prescience and the order that gives precision shots, for some character assassination (thank Mossy Toes for that idea)...
post #408 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-14-14, 11:40 AM
Spankinginred's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobite View Post
Could you just cut the sponsun weapons off rather than the whole sponsun? Put a little window or a search light or something in it instead of the gun?
If you have the newer models, then the sponson weapons can be plug and play. Thus leave them out. Can't help with the old models other than suggest you tell your opponent that they are out of action.
post #409 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-14-14, 11:43 AM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

What about hydras? Do they still ignore the enemy jink saves?

I had an AMAZING time at fightclub.

I arrived a bit late, so I missed the introductions, but man... I had an awesome time at fightclub! 10/10 I would recommend fight club to anybody!
post #410 of 419 (permalink) Old 04-14-14, 11:59 AM
Spankinginred's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmir View Post
What about hydras? Do they still ignore the enemy jink saves?
No, well I can't find it in the new codex. Bummer really.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode