Codex Inquisition - Digital Download - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-14, 01:37 PM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntaw View Post
Any links on some good alternate Inquisitor models out there aside from the couple that GW has (aside from the named Inquisitors)?
When I was throwing around ideas for an inquisitional henchmen army I came up with some ideas. I'd be happy to share

Pig Iron Productions Kolony Militia as Warrior Acolytes (I wasn't planning on making each one unique, I don't think I have the patience haha)
Kolony Militia booster pack

Dark Eldar Wyches with alternate heads as Death Kult Assassins. The Wyches already look like they're equipped like Death Kult Assassins, so this was easy.

Post-Apoc female heads

Privateer Press Temple Flameguard as Crusaders. I couldn't think of anything other than possibly some converted Warriors of Chaos instead of these guys.

Temple Flameguard

I'd probably use the Forge World brass set as well, to add =I= symbols all over

That's all I thought through, hope it helps!

Last edited by Ddraig Cymry; 01-08-14 at 01:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-14, 04:45 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

^ it sure gives me some places to look. Really I was hunting for an Inquisitor like model and not the extra forces surrounding him. It was suggested to me to look to a kitbash between WFB boxes and IG boxes...but I don't want to spend that much sourcing parts for this guy. The idea of buying two sets from armies I don't play to make one model is nothing but a sales pitch.

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-14, 05:58 PM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Quote:
^ it sure gives me some places to look. Really I was hunting for an Inquisitor like model and not the extra forces surrounding him. It was suggested to me to look to a kitbash between WFB boxes and IG boxes...but I don't want to spend that much sourcing parts for this guy. The idea of buying two sets from armies I don't play to make one model is nothing but a sales pitch.
In that case, using Captains of the Empire or Warrior Priests from the Fantasy range would be a good base. Adding Space Marine and Grey Knight bits would help with it.

A few good ones I think would be perfect.

Honestly just adding backpacks and some =I= iconography to these two would be a pretty great start.

All of these are around $16.50 USD, so buying them really wouldn't break the bank. You could get all other bits through a bits seller.

post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-14, 09:10 PM

ntaw's Flag is: Canada

Those were almost the exact pieces I was thinking of dabbling with. Only shame is that they're all finecast (limited use without handy knife work...which I'm not afraid of but don't like spending money on) and cost basically the same as an actual Inquisitor model that doesn't require more parts sourced past already spending 20 bucks on a model.

Those top two would be great attaches to a Salamander list with their flame icons, the second dude would be pretty bad ass with some full hand swaps and filing down the chest flame icon to be replaced with a GS'd Inquisition emblem...

Unfortunately Canada got rid of the penny and now my two cents rounds down to zero, so...take it for what you will.

40k Army Projects

Industrial Table WIP
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-08-14, 09:50 PM

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Those were almost the exact pieces I was thinking of dabbling with. Only shame is that they're all finecast (limited use without handy knife work...which I'm not afraid of but don't like spending money on) and cost basically the same as an actual Inquisitor model that doesn't require more parts sourced past already spending 20 bucks on a model.

Those top two would be great attaches to a Salamander list with their flame icons, the second dude would be pretty bad ass with some full hand swaps and filing down the chest flame icon to be replaced with a GS'd Inquisition emblem...
There is also the Empire General boxed set which is plastic. It definitely gives you far more parts than you need though (I guess some of the extras could go towards acolytes, henchmen etc but no idea what you'd do with the horse :-p), and doesn't really give you a clear idea what parts come in the box.
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 01-09-14, 12:46 AM

Varakir's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've already kitbashed a couple of inquisitors from my bits box (see the 2nd plog in my sig)

I'm also going to pick up a few more 3rd party models to use, because who doesn't want tons of inquisitors?

These are some of the ones i've seen, or had suggested:

I think this one has tons of scope as a Base:

There are also tons of warmachine models that could work with a bit of conversion work. I've picked up quite a few to use in my retinue.

My Salamander Logs & Army Showcase:
The Ashbringers 3rd co. ::: Into the fires of Battle:::Army Showcase

Currently Painting:

Landraider Redeemer

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode