Ultramarines Supplement - 'Tyrannic War Veterans' - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-15-13, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

Default Ultramarines Supplement - 'Tyrannic War Veterans'

Here is what seems to be the next Space Marine Company suplement, a quite likely bet imo

Quote:
For once i have a little birdy, that hasn't left a mess on my shoulder, it seems that the Ultramarines will be receiving their own Company Supplement, focusing on the events of the war against Hive Fleet Behemoth and the 1st company.

As usual, take with a grain of salt, but i'd say it's pretty much a no brainer when it comes to deciding what to focus an Ultramarines fluff book on, especially since the Damnos campaign is already covered elsewhere.
Linky link for credz

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 03:21 AM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Oh goody I'm so excited for this I'm going to vomit! Wait it's not excitment that's making me want to vomit...

Oh all the chapters that need a supplement the fucking Smurfs are not where they should be putting their energy. As all the UM fan boys keep saying "they are definition of Codex". Good fuck off and stick to Codex Space Marines. Leave the supplements to Chapters that actually need it. You want to play 1st Company do what every other Chapter has to do and use the Dark Angels dex. How about a supplement for a Chapter that actually needs one...
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 04:23 AM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

I'd be interested to see how the Ultramarines supplement sells. Almost every Space Marine player I know hates that their army is almost immediately associated with them. And they all selected a different chapter for their Chapter Tactics.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 05:07 AM
JUGGERNUT

venomlust's Flag is: USA

Do Ultramarines players still exist?

SUFFER NOT THE PONY TO LIVE.

- - AMATEUR KHORNESTAR: MY BLOG THING - -
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 07:15 AM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlust View Post
Do Ultramarines players still exist?
Yes. But I don't actually play anymore.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 08:48 AM

kickboxerdog's Flag is: England

im quite looking forward to this im currently converting and putting together a tyrannic war vet army lead by chaplin cassius. personally i dont play UM as i have a imperial fist and raven guard armys but this may push me into playing the army and not keeping it as a conversion project.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 01:50 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

So does this mean that the UMs are not a pure codex chapter? Are we gonna see something like a Wolf Guard or Deathwatch supplement just painted blue? (I use these units as they seem to me to be the closest to the style a Tyrannic vet list might look like.)
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 03:18 PM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorne's Fist View Post
So does this mean that the UMs are not a pure codex chapter?
I believe the little fluff piece on the Tyrannic War Veterans in the 5th edition Codex stated that Calgar knew that it was a departure from the Codex: Astartes, but if it let them beat the Tyranids then it was excusable (which I believe is referred to as the 'By any means necessary' edict in Know No Fear).

I'm kind of sad that they have the time to write a chunky Space Marine book with 2 supplements, but still overshadow Dark Angels so utterly.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 03:41 PM
Dazed and confused.

Khorne's Fist's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
but still overshadow Dark Angels so utterly.
Having not read the DA codex I'm open to correction, but I thought everything necessary to run the various DA options like DW or RW were all in the book? What more do they need?
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-16-13, 04:30 PM
Rattlehead

They need:
Tacticals that can stand up to Space Marine Tacticals (who get a free special rule or two, from FnP 6+ to re-roll 1s to hit with their basic weapons)
Scouts that can stand up to Space Marine Scouts (have the requisite gear to make them useful, and aren't horrifically overpriced)
Bikes that can stand up to Space Marine Bikes (Ravenwing < White Scars, is essentially all that needs to be said)
HQ choices that can stand up to Space Marine HQ choices outside of Divination Librarians (decent Relics, some kind of combat character that again, isn't prohibitively expensive)
Decent Flyers/Flyer defence (because Flyers > DA Flyers)

It'd be nice if Deathwing worked as an army, too, or even if they worked as a portion of an army.

Midnight

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode