WFB Rumors: Dwarves Updated 23 jan - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 125 (permalink) Old 10-12-13, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default WFB Rumors: Dwarves Updated 23 jan

Quote:
via ajota from the spanish eye of terror forums

dwarfs are due in "early 2014"(corroborating other sources saying march 2014)

followed by...

Las novedades de enanos, próximo ejército en hacer su aparición podrían consistir en:

Megacaja aplastador de orcos/tuneladora
gran caja yunke runico/altar de guerra
caja escuadron girocopteros
caja atronadores/ballesteros/guerreros enanos (10)
caja martilladores/rompehierros
caja matadores/hermandad de grimmir
caja barbaslargas/montaraces
translated as:

Dwarfs news, next army to make their appearance could include:

Orccrusher / tunneler (combo kit)
runic anvil / war altar (combo box)
gyrocopter squadron box
thunderers / crossbowmen / dwarf warriors box (10)
hammerers / ironbreaker box
matadors??? / brotherhood of grimmir box
longbeards / rangers box

Quote:
dwarves are rumored to be coming out soon, february at the earliest point. So when we start hearing reports of models not being restocked, we start fitting together pieces of the release puzzle to get an idea on what is coming and when. So check out the following.

Please remember that these are rumors, and could possibly be an indicator of an upcoming dwarf army book release.

Via an anonymous source on faeit 212
the store has not received a restock of pretty much everything to do with dwarfs for at least 3 weeks. These were items of which he had at least two in stock at all times: Cannons, bolt throwers, grudge throwers, gyrocopters, miners, thunderers/quarrellers. These are finecast and plastic items.

We only noticed last week that it had been a really long time since he'd gotten anything in. I know dwarfs aren't supposed to be until early next year, but we noticed the same thing with some of the space marine items prior to their release

[/quote]
Quote:
feait 212
there are quite a few dwarven models that are no longer on the gw site. Dwarves are rumored to be next for the month of february, so something along the lines of models being removed from the gw site is right on par with a release. Of course as always, a release doesnt always follow the disappearance of models.

So what is missing? I am not an expert on what units the dwarves have in their army book, but here is what i have been told are missing.

Hmmerers, longbeards and ironbreakers missing again.
The only metal models remaining are flame cannon, hammerer command and the slayer sets.finecast has bolt and stone throwers, plus the gyrocopter.
The only army more "dead" than dwarfs on the uk site are bretons

Quote:
dwarves are next, and the image released by games workshop showing off part of the new weekly white dwarf reveals the top part of the magazine's cover. Of course from what we can tell, that is definitely a dwarven head, throne, or some symbol.

Here is a link to the pic from games workshop
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/wn...p?pid=12900004

so what do you think it is? Here are some possibilities as posted up on el descanso del escriba

via luis ed(agramar) in the faeit 212 inbox.
I don`t now if this can interest you but one of my blog's followers said
that in new wdw 1 we can find a new dwarf character,king belegar.there are
some clues in the pic.

Via el descanso del escriba (translated by google, so its rough)
http://descansodelescriba.blogspot.c...oscon-los.html

but commenting that our colleague has bitten my curiosity, i pulled and catalog lexicanum. ... And i've noticed two very interesantes.una things is that there are two characters who are called dwarf belegar.los two are kings ... Or rather one of them " was "king. One was king zhufbar and died in battle against the skaven in recent times and the other is still alive and is king of karak eight picos.y this, belegar ironbeard ( here comes the second things i noticed ) i think it is has no character figure wfb ...

They say out in february for wfb dwarves and if the cover is cut and looks that piece of image ( detail of banner shows what looks like a dwarf rune and then the name of a dwarf king ) can be said that would be before the confirmation of these three ideas:
-that the dwarves out in february
-that there is a new dwarf special character
. - ... Or both at the same time
i bet on the third person.

Quote:
via father gabe on faeit 212
i had a chance to flip through the white dwarf weekly earlier today. Here is what i can report on:

Dwarves:
Dual longbeard / hammers box $50. They look amazing
belegar ironhammer (or ironbeard, cant remember). $21. Awesome sculpt.
Trollslayer character $21. Amazing...thought it was gotrek.

A how to paint guide for the new dwarves (exactly like whats in white dwarf now)
a how to build guide for the new dwarves (exactly like whats in white dwarf now)

rules: Belegar ironhammer. These are full rules with point costs! I won't relay but this guy is cheap for what you get from him. 300+ points, lots of good attacking ability and awesome defense.

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444

Last edited by revilo44; 01-23-14 at 08:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 125 (permalink) Old 10-12-13, 08:04 PM

Matcap's Flag is: Netherlands

I think Matadors translates as killers -> Slayers .
post #3 of 125 (permalink) Old 10-12-13, 10:26 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

Yea they are. Brotherhood of Grimnar is something Slayer related as well I think, I seem to remember Grimnar and slayers going together during the Storm of Chaos campaign a few years back. I think they had axe blades on chains. Think Goblin Fanatics, but you know, not high on drugs just very angry. From what I remember they didn't have random movement though.

Longbeards and Ranger's an interesting choice to combine in a kit. Same with Ironbreakers and Hammerer's. I would have though Hammerers and Longbeards would go together, since effectively it's just a different weapon. I do hope they base them off the metal longbeard minis because those are fucking awesome rather than the current plastic warriors because those are fecking shite. But then where would you put Ironbreakers? Rangers could be very easily folded into the Warriors box seeing as they already have crossbows for the Quarrellers. I suppose you could also put Ironbreakers in there as well actually (give them a heavily armoured head and possibly some shoulder pouldrons or pads). Again I hope the Ironbreakers are similar to the current metal ones. Again really nice minis though. Nice to see Tunnellers are getting a proper kit.

post #4 of 125 (permalink) Old 10-17-13, 10:00 PM

emporershand89's Flag is: USA

Location: New England.....somewhere in that mess of awesomness!!

Me no speak Spanish, what does it all mean? Is this for Warhammer or 40k? Squats returning or a long overdue upgrade for Dwarves on Warhammer?

"Walk Softely, and Carry a Big Gun!"
post #5 of 125 (permalink) Old 10-18-13, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Fantasy Rumors

revilo44's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by emporershand89 View Post
Me no speak Spanish, what does it all mean? Is this for Warhammer or 40k? Squats returning or a long overdue upgrade for Dwarves on Warhammer?
It is the upgrade for warhammeer fantasy Dwarves

Sanity is for the weak

check out what im working on http://instagram.com/revilo444
post #6 of 125 (permalink) Old 10-18-13, 01:27 PM
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite

Jacobite's Flag is: New Zealand

WFB = Warhammer. Squats are dead and gone.
post #7 of 125 (permalink) Old 10-18-13, 02:46 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Dwarfs really need these new models,they are really lacking in plastics, hopefully we will get these sooner rather than later.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #8 of 125 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 04:15 AM
Apathetic Megalomaniac

Geist's Flag is: USA

via Faeit 212

Quote:
Dwarves are rumored to be coming out soon, February at the earliest point. So when we start hearing reports of models not being restocked, we start fitting together pieces of the release puzzle to get an idea on what is coming and when. So check out the following.

Please remember that these are rumors, and could possibly be an indicator of an upcoming Dwarf Army book release.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
The store has not received a restock of pretty much everything to do with dwarfs for at least 3 weeks. These were items of which he had at least two in stock at all times: cannons, bolt throwers, grudge throwers, gyrocopters, miners, thunderers/quarrellers. These are finecast and plastic items.

We only noticed last week that it had been a really long time since he'd gotten anything in. I know dwarfs aren't supposed to be until early next year, but we noticed the same thing with some of the space marine items prior to their release.

post #9 of 125 (permalink) Old 10-29-13, 05:41 AM

Creon's Flag is: USA

I see the OrcCrusher/Tunneler as a war machine, like the Goblin Hewer a few years back?
post #10 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-04-13, 03:14 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

just looked at my order form and all dwarves have dropped off since last month, even the plastics they currently have are gone.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode