Privateer Press digital Released, and some new Warmachine models: - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 02:41 PM Thread Starter

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Default Privateer Press digital Released, and some new Warmachine models:

Privateer Press has just released PP Digital, it's digital reader App, on Iphone and Android. It means digital copies of all of their books for Warmachine, HO

Quote:

With Privateer Press Digital, you have access to an extensive catalog of No Quarter magazine issues, WARMACHINE and HORDES rulebooks, Iron Kingdoms Full-Metal Fantasy Roleplaying Game material, and much more! Take your Privateer Press rulebooks with you wherever you go for quick, easy reference. Download the latest No Quarter magazine straight to your device. Privateer Press Digital is the ultimate reference tool for the Privateer Press gamer!
The Privateer Press Digital e-reader app offers:

Digital subscriptions to No Quarter magazine!
WARMACHINE and HORDES books!
Iron Kingdoms RPG content!
Rulebooks for Privateerís board and card games, including LEVEL 7 [ESCAPE], Heap, and Infernal Contraption!
Errata updates to ensure your digital rulebooks are up-to-date!
There are also a few new models around that I'll throw in.

The Butcher Unleashed, Warcaster epic unit. The 3rd incarnation of the Butcher, released for PPs 10th anniversary (The original Butcher of Khardov was also their first model ever).

And his Hounds:

Moorclaw, a Minion/Merc Jackmarshal who'll work for a bunch of factions. It'll be interesteresting to se what Trollbloods and Minions do now they have access to some Merc jacks.

Eyriss in her third incarnation. Now she only works for RoS rather than as a Mercenary (as she's gone home to help lead the Retribution).

New Skarlock unit attachment for mechanithralls or bilethralls:

Silverline StormGuard for Cygnar - a unit upgrade for Stormguard that makes them a bit more defensive.

And while it's a little to late to get her now, the Steelsoul Keg Protector - an alternative model for the normal Steelsoul, who was only available during Gencon, but she'll be available again online for next gencon too.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 04:19 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Ooh, I like that new Eyriss!

Shame I can't run her with Mercs now though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 04:41 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

steam punk grey knights! awesome! (and no I'm not being sarcastic) I wish there was a plahyer base for warmahorde where I live. I so play it.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 05:49 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskanael View Post
steam punk grey knights! awesome! (and no I'm not being sarcastic) I wish there was a plahyer base for warmahorde where I live. I so play it.
Heard the same from a lot of people.. but then I've heard the same reasoning behind why they don't play...

Unlike 40k and Warhammer, where lucky dice rolls can get you out of a fix, with warmahordes, if you don't pick the right army your screwed no matter what you do.

Nice to see though that PP realise there is a market for Android, unlike GW.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-13, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haskanael View Post
They have a Netherlands forum on the PP Forums: http://privateerpressforums.com/foru...ndse-Discussie

Not sure how much it gets used, but there's a few places around for warmachine I gather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
Heard the same from a lot of people.. but then I've heard the same reasoning behind why they don't play...

Unlike 40k and Warhammer, where lucky dice rolls can get you out of a fix, with warmahordes, if you don't pick the right army your screwed no matter what you do.

List building is about the same importance in either game actually, it's just that movement and tactics that make more of a difference, and dice less of a difference. However, even in the most one sided fight, you can almost always try a last ditch run at assassinating the enemy warcaster - many a desperate victory has been snagged when an opponent starts winning, gets overconfident and leaves his caster exposed

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-13, 07:19 AM
Banned
Magpie_Oz's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizBe View Post
Yeh, particularly when PP released their stuff AFTER GW started releasing on Android.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-22-13, 12:54 PM
Thordis

Haskanael's Flag is: Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddermax View Post
They have a Netherlands forum on the PP Forums: http://privateerpressforums.com/foru...ndse-Discussie

Not sure how much it gets used, but there's a few places around for warmachine I gather.

I already know for a fact there is no place close enough where I live to give me a good reason to start an army at this point of time. but thanks for the tip I didnt know about that forum yet.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode