Codex: Tyranids Rumors - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-14-13, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Default Codex: Tyranids Rumors

Predictions Section
Tyranid Rumored Release
Predicted Release: November 2013

Codex Information
Author:
State:

General Information

New Rules
  • Altered FOC to help counter the lack of Allies. 3 HQ, 4 Elite, 6 Troop, 4 Fast, 4Heavy.
  • Purchasing the 3rd HQ choice unlocks the extra Elite, Fast, and Heavy slots.
  • Two new Tyranid psychic powers lists. One list is destructive powers, one is augmentive powers.
HQ
  • Tervigon – Upgrade options for Termagant spawns to give them full options, but they are quite pricy.
Elites
  • Hiveguard: new weapon upgrade option (available to a handful of units) that grants skyfire with an "enhanced ability" to ground FMCs.
  • Lictors – small point increase, gain new “Surprise!” rule (all shots against Lictors the turn after they appear are snap shots). DeathLeaper now an upgrade character.
  • Pyrovore gains Torrent and a steep points reduction.
  • Ymgarl Genestealers - Special arrival rule is shared with the Lictor, may now purchase standard Genestealer biomorph upgrades.
Troops
  • Termagants – Gain Fleet. New 10 unit box. Includes options for Spike rifles and Strangleweb. Curled tails. No rippers on sprues.
Dedicated Transport

Fast Attack
  • Harpy – big overhaul. New model/dual-combo kit, Flying Monstrous, Sonic Screech combines with Vector striking. Additional Spore Mine Cysts may be purchased as upgrades. Default Stranglethorn has new upgrade options.
  • New Flyer - Fast Attack choice, the alternative build for the Harpy kit.
Heavy Support
  • Carnifex - significant cost reduction
Special Characters

New Units
  • "BIG BUG" – Larger than Tervigon sized HQ unit. Oval base, hunched over, but wider. Has 18” synapse. Psyker 4. Prime version: Grants FNP and Counter Attack to Nids in 12.” Stats like Tervigon, except 2A. SitW
Model Releases
  • Harpy - "Roughly the size of the Heldrake. Pretty much looks liek the picture in the current codex."
  • Tyranid Prime (Finecast)
  • Doom of Malantai (clamshell package)
  • Parasite of Mordrax (clamshell package)
  • Termagant sprues recut for more options (some chatter says Genestealers)
  • Mycetic Spore
  • Tyrant Guard and Hive Guard -Dual-build plastic kit. 3 models. All options for either unit.
  • "Large plastic monstrous creature" - "the new kit in comparison to the Tyrannofex will have similar size ratios as the Wraithknight to the Wraithlord"
Updates
Added Rumors from BoLS: 20 Aug 2013

Last edited by Zion; 08-20-13 at 04:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-14-13, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

post #3 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-14-13, 08:05 AM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Now this is what I'm psyched for.

Big bug for them could be interesting. Being a HQ slot though...... The Tyrant has been the go to HQ choice for so long for a reason. So it would be nice if it is a genuine competition for that slot. slot.

The 'Nids are at a disadvantage with the lack of allies especially wit all the great combinations out there. Reshaping the idea like that seems okay I guess because that's all Allies are, an extra of each slot, but if 'Nids get this I imagine people nerd raging when it just isn't.

Those Harpy rumours have been around forever.

Huzzah! Guard allegedly getting Skyfire. Though with what they are I'm surprised Tyrannofex wouldn't get it, since I've always pictured a Tyrannofex blasting flyers and such out of the sky on a battlefield. Still, it's rumour so maybe it will get it.

Can't wait for more
. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....

post #4 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-14-13, 09:51 AM

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Rumors 6-22-2013
Tyranids are after Space Marines

Tyranids will be receiving a large plastic monstrous creature.
-the new kit in comparison to the Tyrannofex will have similar size ratios as the Wraithknight to the Wraithlord
I can't help think this is an exageration - the Tyrannofex/Tervigon kit is already big enough to compare well to the current big models, scaling it up by the same ratio as a Wraithlord to a Wraithknight would end up with something superheavy sized.

The rest of the stuff sounds good, although most of the model releases listed are the ones we've been waiting for since the last book... maybe the new SM tactical squad box is a sign that we might start to see some updated basic troops appearing for other releases too. Termagants do need it, really, the kits are showing their age a bit.
post #5 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-14-13, 10:00 AM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmbraCraig View Post
I can't help think this is an exageration - the Tyrannofex/Tervigon kit is already big enough to compare well to the current big models, scaling it up by the same ratio as a Wraithlord to a Wraithknight would end up with something superheavy sized.
I'd say this fits in exactly to where GW are at present - they love releasing big stuff, all armies have something big in the new release....and it will sell by the bucket load!

I am the White Knight!

post #6 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-14-13, 01:40 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

And here I was hoping Genestealer Cults would be the "fix" for no Allies. I would believe Big Bug cause Big Expensive New Models seems the current meta for GW Releases.
post #7 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-14-13, 04:12 PM

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt there'll be some kind of new big kit... I doubt that it'll be 2-2 1/2 times the size of the Tyrannofex (although I guess there were those Dominatrix rumours earlier in the year - that would be about right scale wise, since the Domi used to be a bio titan roughly the size of a baneblade).

I mean, there's already not much difference between the size of a Tervigon and a Hierodule (although the greater bulk of the latter can justify the Monstrous/Gigantic creature difference), so how much bigger can you sensibly go while still classing it as an MC rather than gigantic creature?

(Plus, I've no idea how the hell I would transport anything that sort of size to regular games...)
post #8 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-14-13, 04:46 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

This is my problem, I play 'Nidzilla so that entails having big bugs in decent numbers. Having a big bug would make sense. But I don't see it being any bigger than what we currently have. It just can't, it's not going to be slender like a wraith knight. I just think rumours saying it will be bigger are just rumour. Any bigger and it would have to go into a new class.

But there will be a new centre piece monster kit. Like them or not the sell, well and for 'Nids is perfect fit. The question would be if it's a multi kit with the Harpy, I think it could be in the same way that many fliers were multi box in which case, maybe the monster will be a AA monstrous creature in the same way Harpy is a bomber. Just an idea though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #9 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-14-13, 04:52 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Don't be too sure, it could be Arachnarok sized, or a little bigger,and still be on the oval base.
post #10 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-14-13, 04:59 PM

Well most of the older rumours about a Harpy kit have listed it as a possible dual option box, with extra rules to be published in White Dwarf, so hopefully there'll at least be some different weapon options for it - swapping out it's guns for some souped up Devourers would do the trick or just give it rending claws and give it something extra for vector strikes... a close combat anti-air option would be an interesting twist.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode