Predictions Section
Tyranid Rumored Release
Predicted Release: November 2013

Codex Information
Author:
State:

General Information

New Rules

• Altered FOC to help counter the lack of Allies. 3 HQ, 4 Elite, 6 Troop, 4 Fast, 4Heavy.
  • Purchasing the 3rd HQ choice unlocks the extra Elite, Fast, and Heavy slots.
  • Two new Tyranid psychic powers lists. One list is destructive powers, one is augmentive powers.
HQ

• Tervigon – Upgrade options for Termagant spawns to give them full options, but they are quite pricy.
Elites

• Hiveguard: new weapon upgrade option (available to a handful of units) that grants skyfire with an "enhanced ability" to ground FMCs.
  • Lictors – small point increase, gain new “Surprise!” rule (all shots against Lictors the turn after they appear are snap shots). DeathLeaper now an upgrade character.
  • Pyrovore gains Torrent and a steep points reduction.
  • Ymgarl Genestealers - Special arrival rule is shared with the Lictor, may now purchase standard Genestealer biomorph upgrades.
Troops

• Termagants – Gain Fleet. New 10 unit box. Includes options for Spike rifles and Strangleweb. Curled tails. No rippers on sprues.
Dedicated Transport

Fast Attack

• Harpy – big overhaul. New model/dual-combo kit, Flying Monstrous, Sonic Screech combines with Vector striking. Additional Spore Mine Cysts may be purchased as upgrades. Default Stranglethorn has new upgrade options.
  • New Flyer - Fast Attack choice, the alternative build for the Harpy kit.
Heavy Support

• Carnifex - significant cost reduction
Special Characters

New Units

• "BIG BUG" – Larger than Tervigon sized HQ unit. Oval base, hunched over, but wider. Has 18” synapse. Psyker 4. Prime version: Grants FNP and Counter Attack to Nids in 12.” Stats like Tervigon, except 2A. SitW
Model Releases

• Harpy - "Roughly the size of the Heldrake. Pretty much looks liek the picture in the current codex."
  • Tyranid Prime (Finecast)
  • Doom of Malantai (clamshell package)
  • Parasite of Mordrax (clamshell package)
  • Termagant sprues recut for more options (some chatter says Genestealers)
  • Mycetic Spore
  • Tyrant Guard and Hive Guard -Dual-build plastic kit. 3 models. All options for either unit.
  • "Large plastic monstrous creature" - "the new kit in comparison to the Tyrannofex will have similar size ratios as the Wraithknight to the Wraithlord"
Updates
Added Rumors from BoLS: 20 Aug 2013

See less See more
#211 ·
Looks like it has some kind of frog tongue grabbler thingy shooting from it's mouth? Maybe a mechanic similar to the Blood Angels magna-grapple?

#215 ·
I think that's pretty damn good!

#217 ·
If I didn't have so much stuff to do already, and if I actually had any money I'd be all over that like a dose of crabs!

#227 ·
What I'm thinking would be nice, is if the Trygon, Tyrranofex and Tervigon remain top-end expensive MCs, and these new ones (and the carnifex) become T6 W4 'mid-range' MCs, so it's affordable to do Nidzilla, or just fit them into armies in multiples. The Harpy being the same cost as a valkyrie would be awesome...

#230 · (Edited)
The Malefactor traditionally had much bigger claws ( http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/338574-Armorcast Tyranid Malefactor.html ) (it dragged itself along with them) and this one doesn't look like it has transport capacity. I'd love to be wrong though. The Exocrine is the one with the huge cannon on its back.

Locustgate - nope. Because facehuggers don't fly :wink:

#235 ·
Yup :laugh:

But are the facehuggers wearing those cute little red wings? :so_happy:

#236 ·
I think we all knew it was a dual kit, but a confirmation is nice.
an anonymous source on Faeit 212 said:
I know everyone saw the leaked images of the Hive Guard, and I want to confirm that it is a dual kit making either Hive Guard or Tyrant Guard. The other weapon in the leaked pictures besides the Impaler Cannons, is a Shock Cannon. The kit allows you to equip all three with either weapon.

As far as the Tyrant Guard are concerned, all options are included like most 6th edition boxes, from scything talons, crushing claws, lash whips and boneswords.

Again advanced orders are not coming until January 4th. Release date is the 11th.

#252 ·
You know, looking at the pictures and given just how many carnifex torsoes I have spare, I think I might be able to kit-bash both an Exocrine and a Haruspex from the same box. There's going to be *so* many spare bits if it's - as it seems - a duel kit... o_O
*hands paper bag*

Calm yourself Tabby :good:

#241 ·
me as well, course it depends on how viable nidzilla turns out to be, If nidzilla works out well then I will be double tempted to jump in to the swarm with some nice robot proxys, if not then it's 'Daemons' of 'choas' for me.

#242 ·
I suppose it depends on how the units perform in the next codex if this is a good deal or not, but for a guy like me who is thinking about starting a Nid army with no prior nids, seems like a great deal. Although there doesn't appear to be an HQ, which makes me wonder if you can make a Carnifex/Old One Eye an HQ now...
an anonymous source from the Faeit 212 inbox said:
The new Tyranid Swarm box set has 95 models and includes a good cost savings for buying this set.
It includes:
40 Termagaunts
40 Hormagaunts
10 Gargoyles
1 Carnifex-with the options for One Eye
4 Ripper Swarms

#243 ·
Hopefully should be a very good set if you want to build/expand a horde style nid army. All being well, they'll be solid choices and it'll give people a chance to get a good start on an army with a good saving built in - the old boxed set was pretty average since the Warriors and Genestealers were pretty average.

#244 ·
1 Carnifex-with the options for One Eye
Has this been mentioned at all elsewhere as I would like to believe it was true,
however i'm finding this slightly less convincing then the fox "santa is white" argument

#259 ·
I get the pleasure of seeing your banana smiling at me.

No, wait a minute..... :unsure:

#260 ·
It's okay, I won't be lowering myself to making comments about how it'll be wrapped up under your tree at xmas,
oh, hold on.......................

#261 ·
Wrapped up in nought but a red silk b..... hold it! :shok:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.