Codex: Tyranids Rumors - Page 34 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #331 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-30-13, 04:47 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Why should GW give us pictures of the models to come? When people have been taking their unreleased product and splashing it all over the internet, what on earth makes you think they will want to put *anything* out early?

Early leaks do little but make GW want to be tighter with their security, not less. Speaking from past experience, it *does* lessen the impact of a release when all the new stuff has been seen beforehand...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-30-13, 04:48 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dies Irae View Post
That's something I see quite a lot on the internets and it bugs me a little bit: the internet community is NOT all of GW's consumer base. Probably not even the majority of it.

Then again it is true that, contrary to the last few teasers I remember, this one does not even show glimpses of the models to come.
The internet is a *tiny* portion of the worldwide player base. A vocal one, but a tiny one.

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #333 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-30-13, 07:48 PM

Archon Dan's Flag is: USA

I like the look of most of the pictures added. But the new Flying MC is starting to look like a Tyranid version of the Heldrake. Not good.

"Fetch me another plaything. This one seems to have broken." -Urien Rakarth

Space Marine- "This planet is ours, witch."
Eldar- "No ... This planet is theirs ..."

post #334 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-31-13, 05:58 AM

Fallen's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon Dan View Post
I like the look of most of the pictures added. But the new Flying MC is starting to look like a Tyranid version of the Heldrake. Not good.
to be fair; a flying turkey WOULD be better suited in the Nid army rather than the CSM force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbatte
if you squint the Sigmar stuff doesn't all look like the love children from a Necron and Blood Angel orgy.
post #335 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-31-13, 06:40 AM

SonofVulkan's Flag is: United Kingdom

Found this on Facebook and thought I would share it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pre_tyranids.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	959942113
post #336 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-31-13, 06:54 AM

Sworn Radical's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonofVulkan View Post
Found this on Facebook and thought I would share it.

Attachment 959942113

Riiiiight, so GW wants me to shell out 39,00 for a codex book, PLUS another potential 20,00 for an add-on Dataslate I'm going to need if I wanted to field that Tyranid Vanguard or those silly Veterans ?
Seriously ?
That's just milking the cow beyond good reason.

The ONLY potentialy positive thing here might be ... do I smell another Dataslate for a 'Stealer Cult maybe ?

40k Armies: Dark Eldar / Adepta Sororitas
WHFB Armies: Vampire Counts / Empire / various Elves
Horus Heresy: Alpha Legion / Warp Cult
post #337 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-31-13, 07:36 AM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworn Radical View Post
The ONLY potentialy positive thing here might be ... do I smell another Dataslate for a 'Stealer Cult maybe ?
You mean something of actual interest in the name of variety? No chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
post #338 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-31-13, 10:56 AM

tu_shan82's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
Why should GW give us pictures of the models to come? When people have been taking their unreleased product and splashing it all over the internet, what on earth makes you think they will want to put *anything* out early?

Early leaks do little but make GW want to be tighter with their security, not less. Speaking from past experience, it *does* lessen the impact of a release when all the new stuff has been seen beforehand...
I remeber it like it were yesterday, even though it was almost the better part of decade ago, when there was no need for leeks because Games Workshop would show you themselves what was going to be coming out in six months time, both at Gamesday and on the website, and they'd let you know what was going to be released three months in advance via White Dwarf. I remember looking through an open copy of the 1st edition Apocalypse book at one of their retail outlets a month before it was released.

Don't tell me that such practice hurt them financially if anything it served to hype up interest and actually promoted sales. People would know what was coming out in the future and be foaming at the mouth in anticipation to get their hands on it, they'd save up their overtime, pocketmoney, doll cheques, what ever their income, for month's on end so they could buy stuff.

You might argue that it affects the sale of what is going to come out in the interum and say that if a hobbyist is saving all of his money for the upcoming Space Ork realase then he won't spen money on the new Vampire Counts that are coming out a few months prior, which is fair point. However look at it realistically, if a player is into Space Orks why would he spend his money on Vampire Counts anyway? On the off months when the army book/codex and accompanying miniatures aren't someones liking, then they're still not going to buy them, instead they'll end up spending their cash on the latest boxed set of Dr. Who or Grand Theft Auto 7 or something else that interests them. Atleast the way they did things before, people would be saving up for their army's latest release and would be less likely to spend their money on other interests.

Quote:
Riiiiight, so GW wants me to shell out 39,00 € for a codex book, PLUS another potential 20,00 € for an add-on Dataslate I'm going to need if I wanted to field that Tyranid Vanguard or those silly Veterans ?
Seriously ?

To tell you the truth I'm actually interested in buying both dataslates, but for the very obvious reason of not owning some sort of device, am not able to at the moment. Something I would like to remedy in the near future. And as cool as it would be to have 'stealer cults back in 40k, I don't know which is the best option to take, a dataslate, a supplemnet for both Tyranids and IG, or even a stand alone mini dex like the Inquistion one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
We don't need to use any military force to defeat the imperium, we'll just send GW legal at them. As soon as they see the first sign of a thunderhawk gunship, their IP infringement addled brains will go into meltdown - they'll smash everything out of the sky with cease and desist letters.
post #339 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-31-13, 11:44 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Riiiiight, so GW wants me to shell out 39,00 for a codex book, PLUS another potential 20,00 for an add-on Dataslate I'm going to need if I wanted to field that Tyranid Vanguard or those silly Veterans ?
Seriously ?
Then you know what to do........

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #340 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-31-13, 11:56 AM
Rattlehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon Dan View Post
Nah; GW realised the massive fuck-up they made with the Heldrake and won't be making that mistake again. Being a FMC means it can't be *that* great; the Harpy is still atrocious, and it looks like the Crone isn't that much more resilient. Any half-decent AA is still ripping it out of the sky, and it's a LOT less insanely resilient than the Heldrake (which, let's face it, is the only reason the Heldrake is good).

Even then, it's all rumour so far. Maybe half of this stuff is true. Maybe.

Creator of Utilitarian Ultramarines Memes - join the XIII on Facebook (no XVII allowed).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode