Codex: Tyranids Rumors - Page 25 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #241 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-14-13, 06:03 AM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jams View Post
i'm actually highly tempted to do a gribbly nid army after seeing these new releases
me as well, course it depends on how viable nidzilla turns out to be, If nidzilla works out well then I will be double tempted to jump in to the swarm with some nice robot proxys, if not then it's 'Daemons' of 'choas' for me.

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-14-13, 10:05 PM
Apathetic Megalomaniac

Geist's Flag is: USA

I suppose it depends on how the units perform in the next codex if this is a good deal or not, but for a guy like me who is thinking about starting a Nid army with no prior nids, seems like a great deal. Although there doesn't appear to be an HQ, which makes me wonder if you can make a Carnifex/Old One Eye an HQ now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by an anonymous source from the Faeit 212 inbox
The new Tyranid Swarm box set has 95 models and includes a good cost savings for buying this set.
It includes:
40 Termagaunts
40 Hormagaunts
10 Gargoyles
1 Carnifex-with the options for One Eye
4 Ripper Swarms

post #243 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-15-13, 01:17 AM

EmbraCraig's Flag is: Scotland

Hopefully should be a very good set if you want to build/expand a horde style nid army. All being well, they'll be solid choices and it'll give people a chance to get a good start on an army with a good saving built in - the old boxed set was pretty average since the Warriors and Genestealers were pretty average.

post #244 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-15-13, 11:31 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
1 Carnifex-with the options for One Eye
Has this been mentioned at all elsewhere as I would like to believe it was true,
however i'm finding this slightly less convincing then the fox "santa is white" argument

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #245 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-15-13, 05:30 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
Has this been mentioned at all elsewhere as I would like to believe it was true,
however i'm finding this slightly less convincing then the fox "santa is white" argument
All carnifex kit's have the option to make one eye, the plastic kit always has had the option

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #246 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
All carnifex kit's have the option to make one eye, the plastic kit always has had the option
I was thinking they were inferring something a little more stand out one eye-ish (admittedly I can't clearly envision the pieces in the carnifex kit)

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #247 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 02:48 AM
Feed

Quote:
They have the options to make a carnifex with the same wargear and upgrades. Nothing out of that kit however comes close to resembling this:

Or this:

Personally I wouldn't mind a newer OOE model, but I would also prefer if it keeps the imagery of the older carnifex models. Just to set it apart as it should be.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #248 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 09:56 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpion5 View Post
They have the options to make a carnifex with the same wargear and upgrades. Nothing out of that kit however comes close to resembling this:

Personally I wouldn't mind a newer OOE model, but I would also prefer if it keeps the imagery of the older carnifex models. Just to set it apart as it should be.
the carnifex kit includes old one eyes damaged right hand side of his head, its been sitting on the sprue since it went into production many moons ago and as you say is armed as any other fex so i seriously doubt you will see a new kit ever, personally i dont like that era of tyranids or the previous (advanced hero quest) period, the current crop, though similar, feels much more refined and serious, that metal one eye and the "alien queen" hive tyrant just felt too goofy and the the original nid warriors and the screamer killer still make me bring up a little bit of sick in to my mouth when is see them and im not prepared.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #249 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 10:21 AM
Feed

Quote:
the carnifex kit includes old one eyes damaged right hand side of his head, its been sitting on the sprue since it went into production many moons ago and as you say is armed as any other fex so i seriously doubt you will see a new kit ever, personally i dont like that era of tyranids or the previous (advanced hero quest) period, the current crop, though similar, feels much more refined and serious, that metal one eye and the "alien queen" hive tyrant just felt too goofy and the the original nid warriors and the screamer killer still make me bring up a little bit of sick in to my mouth when is see them and im not prepared.
The problem then was that the sculpting couldn't compare to the artwork. Look at Forgeworld's Alien Queen Hive Tyrant. It's brilliant, and it resembles the old artwork almost perfectly.

Nowadays Gw sculpting is up to par. They could definitely make something for Old One Eye that does his artwork justice.

The normal carnifex just doesn't do it.

And anyway, that's just what I want, nothing to do with what's actually coming out.

Nonsense is our Salvation

post #250 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-16-13, 10:56 AM

Quote:
that metal one eye and the "alien queen" hive tyrant just felt too goofy
Puts hands over Dave the Hive Tyrant's ears (admittedly with nids the ears could be in the groin)

Quote:
and the screamer killer still make me bring up a little bit of sick in to my mouth when is see them and im not prepared.
The screamer killer is brilliant in a kind of cartoony tyranids way and admittedly not any other way

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode