Codex: Tyranids Rumors - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-14-13, 07:11 PM

Sooo...harpies are like nid fighters/bomber (plane)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-14-13, 07:33 PM

Ddraig Cymry's Flag is: USA

Well this should be interesting. I'm betting they're doing the new big bug for these guys for sure, that type of unit already fits with this army.
post #13 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-14-13, 08:03 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by locustgate View Post
Sooo...harpies are like nid fighters/bomber (plane)?
The codex entry reads that it's pretty much a bomber. So yeah, that I don't think it's out on the realm of possibility that should the Harpy be released then if it's dual kitted an AA fighter option would make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....

post #14 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-14-13, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddraig Cymry View Post
Stuff big bug stuff
Ok every time I read that I think of Starship troopers.

Maybe a new type of AA nid a version of the....crap...mortar nid.
post #15 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-16-13, 03:53 PM

lockeF's Flag is: USA

I'm very excited if tyranids are in November. I hope if hive guard to get skyfire they also get interceptor and stay at S8, ignore cover, and don't need line of sight. Of course perhaps that would be too powerful - even when stuck at 24 inches. I love the impaler cannon and I would hate to see it's strength diminished just for skyfire.

A harpy roughly the size of a helldrake sounds too big in my opinion. And will really suck for everyone who converted their harpy from a fex. Considering it only has 3 wounds and T5 I feel like making it that large is strange.

I like the idea of a bigger bug but I hope it will be worth fielding. I remember really old rumors stating something about when it dies it forces a shit ton of wounds to other nids. I do like the idea of ML 3 though.

I'm hoping they fix a lot in the codex. Not just pyrovores. Like Raveners gaining some way to stay alive as well as a points reduction. I imagine a points hike on tervigons (hopefully not too many rule changes here), a points hike on trygons, perhaps a fix for carnifexes, and making the wings biomorph cheaper for the tyrant, perhaps 20 points cheaper would be nice.

I also hope they don't kill SiTW. I have many hopes for this codex but I'm really excited that there is a prospect of it coming in November.

post #16 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-16-13, 04:19 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'd like them put fex variants over to elites again. One thing lacking from my 'Nidzilla is MC elites. I love the squadron thing, but when IG can have variants in a single squad they need to apply the same for 'Nids, taking 3 of the same combined with each being high pointed is what hurts it. One Eye should be a character upgrade for the Fex, bring back Red Terror - love the model -.

Biovores need to be more attractive. Pyrovores, nice model but it's the slot choice which hurts them. Up against Zoanthropes and Hive Guard, if you have something in the slot which you want people to take then it had better be good if your up against Hive and Zoanthropes, so if they nerf either to make the others more appealing I'll be a tad miffed.

Gimme a way to take Gargoyles as troops would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #17 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-20-13, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Sorry for the delay. Summary is updated.

EDIT: From Faeit212:

Quote:
via a strong source here on Faeit 212
Tyranids, at least at current can ally with themselves essentially.
They have the standard:
2 HQ
6 Troops
3 Elites
3 Fast Attack
3 Heavy Support

And can take an optional

1 HQ
2 Troops (not minimum 1, up to 2, but instead MUST take 2 and then...)

And if they do, it unlocks
1 Elite
1 Fast Attack
1 Heavy Support.

Only an HQ from the core can be warlord.

Then the diversity comes into play.

Hive Fleets now have different rules (think chapter tactics). Your secondary brood can be from a different hive fleet. Not representing two fleets working together, just similar evolutionary strains.

There are also army wide FoC changes based on your Hive Tyrant. Wings give you the option to take Gargoyles as your compulsory troops (so max 2) for instance. Bonded carapace let's you take Carnifex's as elites as well as heavy support (but can't be more than a certain number of points, so they end up kinda baby).

They have some really cool adaptations for skyfire.

Warriors can be purchased as sergeant style upgrades for gaunts and gargoyles. They get the biomorphs of the brood and are not attached like wolf guard.

Tyrannofex will see a points decrease.

Pyrovore will see torrent.

Ranged biomorphs contribute to a model's close combat.
Melée biomorphs enhance a model's ranges attacks.
You take some biomorphs that affect both, like +1 str to both.
But having a gun makes melée better and having melée weapons improves your guns. There's some new synergy there. Mostly for big bugs.

Psychic ability is a lot worse than what it is now, but it'd be difficult to explain and just upset people who don't have the whole picture.

All of this is subject to change and about a month old.

Last edited by Zion; 08-20-13 at 05:03 PM.
post #18 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Looks like 4chan is getting in on the action too!

Quote:
Via 4chan:
Army-wide notes
- No FOC and ally table changes
- Devastation and Adaptation are new power tables with 3 powers each + primaris.
- Primaris for Devastation = Warp Blast, Adaptation = Onslaught (similar to battle-focus)
- All Tyranid powers can be used with either one or two charges to increase the effect.
- Ravenous Advance: Units with this rule can run & assault in the same turn.
- The Ground Trembles: All MC cause d3 Hammer of Wrath hits.
- Red Terror, Deathleaper and Old One Eye are unique upgrades to their respective broods.

-Harpy/Erinye, plastic dual kit.
- Harpy is designed to kill infantry hordes/provide support via its special vector strike.
- Vector striking it can either use Spore Mine Cyst to create blasts along the path or Sonic Screech to halve initiative and cause a pinning test.

- Erinye is an AA variant in Elite, very different front torso/head piece with gribbly tentacles.
- Increased Swoop speed and its gimmick is grappling other flyers.
- Vector strike -> dice roll 4+ -> the enemy flyer is dragged directly behind where the Erinye ended its move, including a new facing.
- Both can buy broods of Gargoyles that can drop off in the movement phase when not vector striking.

-Zoanthrope (Doom)/Genethrope, plastic dual kit.
- Zoanthropes are ML1 psykers, have access to the Devastation, Telepathy, Telekinesis tables.
- Genethropes are similar, but have access to the Adaptation and Biomancy tables.
- New unique biomorphs. Increased Shadow in the Warp range, Deny the Witch boost aura, two others.

- Both types can upgrade up to ML2 but only ever get 1 power, each Elite choice is a unit of 1-3 that can contain mixded Zoan and Gene.

- Doom has access to all the above tables and comes with Essence Leech and 3 powers.
- Consumes a wound every time it uses a power (except for Leech), but can keep casting until a Perils roll or its down to 1 wound.

Mycetic Spore/Mycetic Hive Node, plastic dual kit
- Spore is a Dedicated Transport, notable changes are that SC can join and MC broods can all opt to get spores.

- Hive Nodes are bought by HQ models (1-3 choice for Tyrants, 1 for every other HQ), no transport capacity.
- Nodes provide Synapse and can be configured in one of many ways. Grants poison or shrouding to nearby units or terraforms (Dangerous Terrain) the surroundings.

Carnifex
- Old unused bimorphs in the box are options again.
- Base cost the same but upgrades are much, much cheaper overall but lots of "only buy 1 out of this list" kind of choices which greatly limits what a fex can have.
- Tusked gives HoW an AP value, Thornback increases the number of HoW hits.
- Enhanced Senses gives Night Fighting.
- Tail Scythe & Tail Mace each deliver a single hit to all models in BtB at Ini 1, with different stats.
- Living Battering Ram rule: Changed to allow the Carnifex to assault the contents of a building/transport on a 4+ if it was destroyed by its charge, rolled once for the brood.
post #19 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 02:22 AM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Oh dear, some competing rumours now. How...nice. I like them both, in parts.
post #20 of 404 (permalink) Old 08-21-13, 10:13 AM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Given the nature of 4chan, I'd call that more wishlisting and forum talk then actual rumours. I'd back a cartload of salt onto those ones.

That said, there are some nice ideas there, but they seem a little unbalanced... hence wishlisting at worse, rejected playtest at best.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode