Codex: Tyranids Rumors - Page 18 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-09-13, 01:38 PM
nevynxxx's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
I'm unconvinced but it would be good were it to happen, which reminds me I have no idea where my haruspex is........
That's not something to lose. How do you know it isn't burrowing under your house as we speak, ready to rip through the building int he night and eat you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-09-13, 03:21 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geist View Post
Some new rumours.
Just one question on that rumour - why would anyone pay the 1pt to make them Fleet, when Adrenal Glands makes you Fleet *and* furious?

*rather keen, and has too many bloody termagants to assemble*

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #173 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-09-13, 03:33 PM
Apathetic Megalomaniac

Geist's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
Just one question on that rumour - why would anyone pay the 1pt to make them Fleet, when Adrenal Glands makes you Fleet *and* furious?

I believe that's under the 1 per 10 section.

post #174 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-09-13, 04:03 PM
Apathetic Megalomaniac

Geist's Flag is: USA

A ton of rumors, including some feedback on the BoLS rumors from earlier, and something about Tyranids getting their own Psychic table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endobai on Warseer
(regarding the Bols rumors over the weekend)
Yep, that is a good idea. Half of it is completely wrong, mistaken or just slightly off the mark.
But hell, there could be a second wave so untill the codex is there it is not certain.

Can't say if the rules are, though - again as long as the codex is not released.

what the hell, expect a dataslate with the release. Nothing unexpected something like this appears I realise, but it will apparently give another option to create an army.
3rd edition players will notice some similarity between it and one evil, sickly powerful army list from a decade ago; though I seriously hope it will be only representing similar idea, but without the rules almost every non-Tyranid player hated back then.

(Regarding the dataslate)
Different name, different rules (I hope!), but in general similar thought behind it. A formation from models in the codex, so not an entire army.

I cannot confirm it fully because too many people will get too exited leading to another 5 pages of discussion on DakkaDakka (cheers guys!) and it will be much less than they will hope for. A nice, (hopefully) flavourish addition, but not the Mycetic Swarm people hated/loved in early 2000s.

(Who is the author of the Tyranid codex)
Ok, that is easy and spoils nothing. No author named.
Apparently right now it is a work of the entire team, but no real suprise here either with rumours about shared work circulating for a while.

Anyway I fully expect some images in next 6 days. As usual first probably something blurry, made by an old mobile phone camera from a wrong angle so that people can discuss how utterly ugly it is and they will never buy it.

I dislike one release from the Tyranid wave, but the rest seems fine or better than fine.
And the cover of the codex is all right, though could probably be better.

The data slate- when I read up on the original Mycetic spore list I think it was more just the deployment type of it- plus it was cool as it represented a specific stage of a tyrannid invasion- so good flavour fluff wise but I wouldn't want anything overpowered - it's just not fun to fight against.

The early invasion theme is still here, but this time without "drop a brood of Genestealers on their heads and see them kill everybody" mode.

There is more than one new MC in the initial release. 'A new MC for the army of bioengineered monsters?' - not a suprise.

Epic 40 000 players will recognise one easily.
Not Harridan of course.

FOC changes. Not sure yet if your HQ can move some units to different slots, but one unit moves a MC in the FOC.

Probably guys from 40k radio will cover the codex, but it is still more than a full month left...
Quote:
Originally Posted by an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Tyranids have their own psyker discipline containing 6 powers, with no access to any of the normal disciplines out of the rulebook.

post #175 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-09-13, 05:52 PM

Dies Irae's Flag is: France

Location: In space, targeting you with plasma cannons. (Actually I am from France)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post

The way I see it, the rumor's author wanted to show that Fleet can be unlocked for 1 point, and then listed the biomorph options further down, including the 1pt Adrenal Gland that gives Fleet (as well as Furious Charge)

Check out my army: Iron Warriors 44th company

Sanity is for the weak
post #176 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-09-13, 06:07 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geist View Post
I believe that's under the 1 per 10 section.
They would never do that, as how many thousands of nid players worldwide have squads of termagants with every one having adrenal glands modelled on? Plus that is such a silly bonus to be 1 in 10 that I am certain it has just been misrepresented.

I am holding off putting together the non-solid moulded gants though, as Spinefists may well be flavour of the next dex...

Having the option to make things Fleet that currently aren't (like CC warriors for example) would be *marvellous*. I'm still hoping for more Beasts, as my Raveners are easily my favourite unit right now. Being able to catch the tasty morsels is a really important thing, and in this shooting heavy edition where most of my army is the same speed or slower than everyone else (hence the desire for transports) I *really* want to be able to keep up with them as they back away as fast as I can advance...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #177 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-09-13, 07:21 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Let us pray that Lictors return to being complete and utter bastards..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevynxxx View Post
That's not something to lose. How do you know it isn't burrowing under your house as we speak, ready to rip through the building int he night and eat you?
If it were; the pup would probably eat it,
god alone knows what would happen after that but quite frankly I have no intention of clearing up the mess

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #178 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-09-13, 09:03 PM
nevynxxx's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
If it were; the pup would probably eat it,
god alone knows what would happen after that but quite frankly I have no intention of clearing up the mess
I think maybe you took that just a *touch* too literally
post #179 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-09-13, 11:19 PM

dragonkingofthestars's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain obvious View Post
I think maybe you took that just a *touch* too literally
fixed

note: if you see me giving tactical advice: just assume i have a internet tab open to 1d4 chan and I'm summarizing off of that.

post #180 of 404 (permalink) Old 12-10-13, 11:41 PM
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode